Las Vegas, A HOUSE OF CARDS (Mission #9) - Discussion Thread

WoA-style discussion thread for HoC from Hitman: Blood Money. Post your experiences, takes and things you discovered about this mission here.

Briefing:
Welcome to Las Vegas, 47. There’s a white supremacist from South Africa, his name is Hendrik Schmutz, who is trying to sell some DNA material and lab reports to the wealthy Mohammad Faisal Al-Khalifa. The sheikh is working for someone else, but we’re not sure who. Our client wants to force them into the open by disrupting the deal. You’ve got three targets: the Afrikaner, the sheikh, and the sheikh’s scientist, who’ll be there to verify the material. We’ve been losing a lot of agents lately, 47. Any mission could be a set-up at this point.

Objectives:

• Eliminate Sheikh Mohammad
  • Eliminate Abdul Lateef
  • Eliminate Hendrik Schmutz
  • Retrieve the diamond briefcase [OPTIONAL]
1 Like

Scientist is always accompanied by a guard. I planted a bomb in one of the empty rooms on the scientist‘s floor and triggered the fire alarm. I then hid in scientist‘s room, in the drawer. Afterwards, when the scientist and the guards returned, I killed the scientist, dragged his body away from the window and detonated the bomb to trigger the fire alarm again. Before leaving, one of the guards went directly to the scientist‘s corpse. Another interesting AI behavior similar to the guard checking on Vinnie in his office in A New Life.

1 Like

How do I kill the sheik while he is in the lounge meeting? I used the mine in the briefcase to kill Lateef but because of that I can’t leave the lounge without going into combat.

I have to leave weapons on the bathroom to get inside the lounge so I can’t just shoot him. The sheik sits on a chair backed by a wall so I can’t sneak up on him to kill him with fibre wire/syringe. So I am usually stuck while doing this mission.

Usually I just call him from Lateef’s room to snipe him, so I am genuinely curious about how I should kill the sheik while in the meeting.

You go to the meeting without any illegal items to pass the frisk. Next, after the girl has dancing around (normally, the briefcase have been taken for checking), you drop a coin. The Sheik will stand up and look for it. It gives you an opportunity to poison him with a syringe. Next, you can leave the meeting.

EDIT: I found a video with the trick (timecode: 4’00)

4 Likes

Blow them. SKY. FUCKING. HIGH!
YEAH!

love Auzzie’s Hitman videos :smiley:

4 Likes

I always did this trick:

Store a silenced pistol in the DNA briefcase.
Get frisked - they don’t search briefcases.
Go to the right (Sheikh is on the left) where no guards can see you.
Retrieve the gun, store the explosive into the briefcase instead.
Meet with Sheikh.

Lateef is going to be blown up (don’t remember how do it SA?), the diamond briefcase is handed to you, and right after the guard leaves the room, quickly equip the gun and shoot Sheikh. Done :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes