Las Vegas, A HOUSE OF CARDS (Mission #9) - Discussion Thread

WoA-style discussion thread for HoC from Hitman: Blood Money. Post your experiences, takes and things you discovered about this mission here.

Briefing:
Welcome to Las Vegas, 47. There’s a white supremacist from South Africa, his name is Hendrik Schmutz, who is trying to sell some DNA material and lab reports to the wealthy Mohammad Faisal Al-Khalifa. The sheikh is working for someone else, but we’re not sure who. Our client wants to force them into the open by disrupting the deal. You’ve got three targets: the Afrikaner, the sheikh, and the sheikh’s scientist, who’ll be there to verify the material. We’ve been losing a lot of agents lately, 47. Any mission could be a set-up at this point.

Objectives:

• Eliminate Sheikh Mohammad
  • Eliminate Abdul Lateef
  • Eliminate Hendrik Schmutz
  • Retrieve the diamond briefcase [OPTIONAL]
2 Likes

Scientist is always accompanied by a guard. I planted a bomb in one of the empty rooms on the scientist‘s floor and triggered the fire alarm. I then hid in scientist‘s room, in the drawer. Afterwards, when the scientist and the guards returned, I killed the scientist, dragged his body away from the window and detonated the bomb to trigger the fire alarm again. Before leaving, one of the guards went directly to the scientist‘s corpse. Another interesting AI behavior similar to the guard checking on Vinnie in his office in A New Life.

4 Likes

You go to the meeting without any illegal items to pass the frisk. Next, after the girl has dancing around (normally, the briefcase have been taken for checking), you drop a coin. The Sheik will stand up and look for it. It gives you an opportunity to poison him with a syringe. Next, you can leave the meeting.

EDIT: I found a video with the trick (timecode: 4’00)

6 Likes

Blow them. SKY. FUCKING. HIGH!
YEAH!

love Auzzie’s Hitman videos :smiley:

6 Likes

I always did this trick:

Store a silenced pistol in the DNA briefcase.
Get frisked - they don’t search briefcases.
Go to the right (Sheikh is on the left) where no guards can see you.
Retrieve the gun, store the explosive into the briefcase instead.
Meet with Sheikh.

Lateef is going to be blown up (don’t remember how do it SA?), the diamond briefcase is handed to you, and right after the guard leaves the room, quickly equip the gun and shoot Sheikh. Done :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Fun stuff, posted in the wrong thread before.

If you manage to knock out Hendrick Schmutz, and take his clothes, then get a guard or someone to notice him, the guard won’t attempt to wake up Schmutz, despite being alive. He’ll just put him in a bodybag and take it to the security room.

3 Likes

I always assumed that any naked NPC in BM won’t be woken up by others…

4 Likes

Always used the same strategy for the meeting. Switching to first person to shoot the Sheikh also helps.

Same. Too bad his upload schedule has been somewhat… irregular these past years :laughing:

3 Likes

Guys, you don’t have to kill Sheikh at the meeting, just call him from scientist’s phone and he will go on the roof, you can shoot him from apartment balcony… Also, easiest way to kill the scientist is with fiber wire from the elevator hatch.

3 Likes

My favorite mission in Blood Money! My method:

Stop at the counter for the keycard, take the elevator up to the floor (I may or may not stop at the bar to get the Schmutz’s room info first). Climb through the back window and up to the next floor, knock out the staff member and take the master keycard for the floor. Go to the elevator Schmitz will take and wait for him to get in. Fiber wire him, take is clothes (maybe his gun, depending on how I want to do this). Go back to 8th floor, activate fire alarm across from the scientists room, wait for everyone to clear out and then enter his room, put Silverballer (or Schmutz’s gun) into the briefcase, go down to Schmutz’s room and grab the briefcase, put a bomb inside it. Go down and meet the Shiek, let the briefcase swap take place, pull out the pistol and shoot him in the head, go back to the elevator and climb up to change back into the suit (leave Schmutz’s gun if taken before), and exit with the diamonds briefcase after the scientist triggers the bomb in the other briefcase. Exit.

It’s a really cool level, especially when performed in this way or a similar way if you like the story and more, as I do, because if you use Schmutz’s gun instead of your own, but do everything else here (or kill Schmutz in his room instead of atop the elevator), then story-wise, the authorities will trace the bullet in the Sheik’s head to Schmutz’s gun, and will assume that he killed the Sheik and the scientist, and that one of the Sheik’s people killed Schmutz in retaliation. Case closed, total 47 move. Plus, also following along with the games’s story, if you put the bomb in the DNA briefcase, it destroys the DNA samples so they can’t be used to make clones.

Love this level, one of my favorites of the whole series.

6 Likes

But when elevator dor will open can forget sa raiting.

You don’t lose SA. 47 can climb up onto the top of the elevator and then use his incredible strength to fibre wire kill the target while at the same time pulling to body up to the top of the elevator with him. From there you can take the guys clothing and drop down. You can do this in Colorado and Heaven and Hell mission also.

The House of Cards level is kinda designed around this game mechanic.

2 Likes

It’s cheap as hell though. I don’t like doing that :smile:

3 Likes

How that should worck?

2 Likes

It’s not realistic. It’s in the game though.
Skip to 2:20 in the video.

3 Likes

Never have seen that strangle option, must try it.

2 Likes

?? How on earth did you miss it? The game literally teaches you to do it in the first mission :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh I forgot it’s in that mission too :joy:
So that’s 4 missions it’s in, not 3.

1 Like

Poor Death of a Showman. Not only do people slander it for its linearity, but they don´t even remember the mechanics it introduces :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Still good to have the mechanic though. Not to mention it´s based on a scene from a classic movie :wink: (3:37 if it doesn´t work)

3 Likes

Hated that mission and tried to pas it as fast as posible, never cared abou all that sh**.

1 Like