I didn’t realize we didn’t have an aggregate of all the new things coming in H3 yet, so I’m posting them here
- New Rating System - awards you titles (aka Playstyles) for playing certain ways. The Playstyles we know of so far are: • Silent Assassin • Hired Gun • Mixologist • Marksman • Choke Artist • Black Cat • Adaptable Enforcer • Trapsmith • Clean ICA Assassin • Shadow ICA Assassin • Melon Man
- Camera item (video) - this item allows you to use a handheld camera to unlock certain electronic things (doors, windows, etc). It also has photo filters, levels of zoom, and a depth of field slider; so it acts as a stand-in for a photo mode, essentially (no selfies though).
- Persistent shortcuts (video) - H3 introduces a small (and specific) amount of doors and ladders which, once opened / unlocked, will stay unlocked forever. “Forever” meaning: in all future playthroughs, all future contracts, escalations, and Elusive Targets. Just to be clear: these aren’t randomly chosen doors and ladders; they’re specifically chosen to be balanced and are designed to stay open forever, in coherence with the map design.
Map specific features
- Active weather effects - in Chongqing, it is actively raining. This adds wet effects to clothing, 47, NPCs, the ground, etc. NPCs are also holding umbrellas. In Carpathian Mountains, it is actively snowing.
- There are interactable computer interfaces in the game, as well as keypads where you have to manually input the password.
- There are fuse cells, which allow you to transfer electrical power from one place to another
- There are walkways that count as vents that slow you down to a walk and force you into a crouch
- Suits are separated into multiple categories / tabs
- The Planning screen’s icons have been rearranged
- The game now remembers your last loadout, so saving a default loadout is not a feature anymore
- New Settings options: SSR Quality, Variable Rate Shading. Settings have also been more neatly categorized
- Bonus Missions have been separated into Side Missions in the Campaigns tab
- HACKL sniper rifle
- Hunting rifle
- Druzhina 34 DTI
- DAK DTI
- Ornate Scimitar
- Model of the Sceptre
- Burj Al-Ghazali Snowglobe
- Whiskey Bottle
- Hedge clippers
- Lockpick Mk III
(will update the items if someone creates a comprehensive list)