Localization for Russia and the CIS

Economy is all I can say

where is egs money lebowski ?

1 Like

I would like to know that too

In response from them then they would have answered so, but they wrote in such a way that they simply don’t know about other languages. Although, maybe they have no right to answer otherwise.

Guys of @IOI can somebody say something on this subject?

In China Taobao, which was web shop like ebuy. A PS physical seller said the Hitman 3 will update the Chinese after the game release 2 weeks.

1 Like

Hmm…

Who needs Russian if IOI has made the individual 3D model of a naked body for Agent 47? :woman_shrugging: @Travis_IOI, You are forgiven :grin:

No

1 Like

In one of the Russian gaming publication is written that not doing localization for Russia was the publisher’s decision … @IOI @Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI @Mattias_IOI - is that true? Why do you dislike us so much? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

How can i do this? this is the rather authoritative source. And I do not draw conclusions, I ask. Moreover, in general, the situation with the language is not very pleasant and cloudy :cry:

Believe me, I have patience and understanding with everything that IOI does, but I really upset if this is so. However, I will of course play the game even so.

2 Likes

Well, now it’s official. The russian company “SoftClub” (known for the localization of H1 & H2) confirms that it was IOI’s decision to release the game without russian localization.

Mostly, I don’t care, because I never played in Russian (bad fonts, weak translation etc.) but in general it’s a strange move for IOI. They release a niche game in unpopulair launcher and then cut their potential auditory by cutting off localization budget.

I want to be wrong, but it’s looks like they don’t care about sales after deal with Epic.

5 Likes

I roughly translated the article. Seems like the publishers requested the translation(s). SQ for H2016, WB for H2, and IOI did not do it this time.

1 Like

It says “both publishers decided to add russian subtitles in the games”.
I doubt it’s the very true, but the article says that

In fact, it says that SoftClub simply confirmed the absence of Russian, and the fact that this decision IOI not seem to be so 100% true information. But if so, then it upsets me, as I wrote above.

The alternative would be “We declined the request and pretend we did not”. I find it hard to believe they lie here.

So far I thought there is a company in between which delegates the translation jobs and forwards the work to IO. That the Russian (and a few more) are an exception sounds weird. It would also be no excuse since IO can’t really have forgotten about the missing languages.

I can understand that they may not have enough money or they could not conclude a contract. Just why not say so. That’s all we would like - honesty and response.

I wrote that my attitude towards them will not change even because of the most terrible mistakes. I will keep my word, and I will play, but it’s still unpleasant.

6 Likes

They often react like that when they don’t have a definitive information to provide. In my opinion it’s a matter of budget, we’re talking about a 7 languages cut, it’s massive.

Maybe, depending on the income received from game sales, they could add new languages, as other studios do, like ZA/UM with the Final cut of Disco Elysium. But as I have said over and over again, transparency is key.

2 Likes

Hitman 1 = 480.000 words.
Hitman 1 & 2 = 690.000 words. According to IO, it’s more than the Lord of The Ring books.
Hitman 1 & 2 & 3 = 900.000-1.000.000 words maybe ?

It’s massive, more than many other AAA games.

Most games except RPG are far below that.

https://twitter.com/studiozaum/status/1215597783509610497

Are these numbers helpful here when the matter is only the textually visible words? Also the words of the previous games don’t need to be translated. :thinking:

2 Likes