Localization for Russia and the CIS

Yes indeed, but the number of words per game is still well above the standards. Hitman 1 isn’t not an RPG, but this game still has more words than The Witcher 3…

The translation of the first two games must have been expensive and if Hitman 3 includes a 400K words script maybe, I’m not surprised that IO alone can’t get it translated into 12 languages day 1 even with the deal with Epic.

2 Likes

It would be really interesting to know how many words need to be translated, not how many there are as scripts.

From what I heard 5 $c are a usual price per word. If we assume 10 $c and 400k words as the most negative situation then the translation is at 40k$. Sounds quite expensive indeed, but I see it more at 200k words, assuming the half of text has no subtitles and 5 $c per word it goes down to 10k$.

But that is all speculation. I don’t really expect a statement until they surprise us with additional language support.

2 Likes

Since the game supports fewer languages, I think there might be more active research about modding texts in the game.

translation copyright matter
hitman 3 is a different game and the localizer needs to be paid for it

so i think the same to other languages :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I wrote to Io interactive, maybe they will respond.

it isn’t localised. sadly, nothing indicates any other answers

Well, I recommend sending letters to these two addresses to them and asking this question directly, as I did.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Come on guys, above was the information that even the Chinese language will be in the game only 2 weeks after the release. Do I need to explain to you how the Chinese market is more important than the CIS?
Unfortunately there is no hope for us.

Well, about the Russian language there is no information at all. The developer simply ignored our localizer. In the CIS too a lot of fans Hitman. The only hope is that the developer thinks that the main Russian audience is sitting in the steam and not in EGS and therefore the game will be translated when the game is released in the Steam.

1 Like

Read russian gaming news - there is an answer

If you say that you can find information in the news, then you do not read the news. The developer did not comment on this situation in any way, and the localizer on the territory of the CIS concluded that “the developer just decided it himself.”