Making the perfect Silverballer replica

.22 is so light and pleasant to shoot. It’s also way cheaper and less noisy. I assume you’ll shoot better with it and will like it.

2 Likes

Yup and today I said never again. I shot with a Colt Gold Cup and a Beretta both cal 22 and they both jammed.
In fact the person there told me to put in the mag 7 to 8 rounds. I shot 200 rounds today.
At some point I got bored and tried shooting as fast as possible. It was fun but no real recoil from the last time I shot with a 45.

50 rounds of 22cal costed only 5€

The video is from the last month.

4 Likes

I came too far to give up now. I am in a possession of a new airsoft Colt exactly the same as the one I am working now.
It was hard to find another one brand new but the folks in Taiwan build wonders apparently and stuff that is only available for the Asian market.

The pistol is build the same way, same brand INOKATSU, same material Stainless Steel but with my big surprise it has a darker tone color where the metal is not brushed and the difference is very noticeable.

The hammer is from my mark 3. As you can see it is way more bright than the rest of the gun.
Unfortunately this model was only sold with all the accessories black. That being the hammer, grip safety, slide release, thumb safety, trigger, magazine release, mainspring housing, bushing and recoil plug. The body is perfect as it should be and the darker color is what I was trying to achieve in my mark 3.
Should this be the mark 4? I guess yes.

Of course I am not happy with the color of that hammer. I have all the other accessories how I want them to be but that difference of color is unacceptable to me. So an idea came earlier and I found the solution.
I contacted a person who paints Warhammer miniatures and if you have ever seen the works about what this franchise’s fan base can do you know they are real pros at it.
Right now I’m waiting for a response and I am very confident this job should be easy.

In the meanwhile I’m also waiting for the other replica from England to come. I talked earlier about how I arrange with someone with my same airsoft replica to exchange it with my mark 3 and as he agreed his replica is on it’s way. After I have it I will decide which one will become the Silverballer.
But that doesn’t mean the other one will go to waste. No no, the other one will become the Blackballer.

11 Likes

Dude that’s incredible! I can’t wait to see it when it’s done!!

2 Likes

Well it’s done. Just need to engrave which ever I decide to be the Silverballer and attach the sight rib.

7 Likes

.22 firearms are generally a lot less reliable than centerfire weapons like a .45 1911.
It’s mostly because. 22lr is a very dirty cartridge so it leaves a lot more residue and unburnt powder in the gun. You have to clean 22s a lot more often.

Plus, the rimfire system they use is a lot less reliable than standard primers too, so .22 bullets occasionally just fail to fire. I’ve been shooting for a couple decades and I’ve never seen a centerfire dud.

You can also reload the spent centerfire shell casings to make ammo significantly cheaper. However with 22 you always have to buy new ammo and discard all spent cases.

7 Likes

Hello. Sorry for replying late. I think I remember you from long time ago or maybe I am mistaken you for an old member who didn’t hang out long. I remember he had a very vast knowledge about weapons.

Yup, can confirm. It jammed a lot of times and the recoil was no fun.

3 Likes

Today I was very busy.

14 Likes

Nice loo roll, mate, great brand

1 Like

I left the last 1911 model to the engraving villa. Vincenzo had a laugh when he saw me coming with a new one. I told what I said here “I came too far to let go now”.
I brought the gun to them covered in paper duct tape on the places where I don’t want it to be touch. He told me it’s a shame because in some parts the paint is going away but I like it how it looks because it gives that used experienced vibe.

I’m sending the rear sight to my now good friend in Czech Republic who made me the silencer.
The work to be done are these:

I’m opting to let the front sight blank, without paint because I noticed this is how the Codename 47 Hardballer looks like and the Hardballers from Silent Assassin too.
Meanwhile the Absolution Silverballer has everything the same tone as the pistol. My decision still stands with going for a mixture of present and past.

See you soon

9 Likes

Where is the new topic your moving to located? Or what is it called?
I can’t seem to easily find it. Can someone please direct me or post a link?

1 Like

There isn’t one yet and I am stil waiting because I depend a lot of the kindness and time of others.
But actually today I went to the engrave villa to see the new engraves. It hasn’t been done yet, they just did a light laser incision to see if I like it and I do. It’s identical as the other one exactly how I wanted.

I have no estimated date for when it will be ready but when that day comes I will make the best photo session ever of it and it will pop out here.

13 Likes

So the works are going way more slower than expected but the little that has been done turned out perfect so far.
I will contact Vincenzo in the next days about the engravings.

8 Likes

Slow but steady… :+1:

2 Likes

This was a great a read! Excellent stuff man. Definitely got some inspiration from this thread!

1 Like

Well thank you so much. The post is rushed and not perfect, I made it because the forum had a fresh start and my project was missing.
I just re started today and… It’s done almost. Really minor adjustments such as this.

No particular reason for it to be black besides a personal touch. My final replica is a mix of all the Silberballers across the games merged into one and in Hitman Contracts the magazine catch is black.

10 Likes

I came across this video on YouTube and thought of this topic. It’s a replica of a Baretta made from paper… And no doubt a glue of some sort to give it some plastic-like hardness.

I would look into some of his other videos if I wasn’t dead tired. So maybe later…

Edit: I hope this hasn’t been posted already. Sorry if it has been.

4 Likes

Well this is finally done. Took more than expected.
Next week I have a visit to the engraving villa. I left there only accessories to be polished a bit but there might be a problem with the front sight.
Best case scenario it wasn’t damaged too much and we are all set to attach.
Worse case I will make it print again. Same material titanium of course.

10 Likes

That looks like the real deal!

I meant to ask you, do you have a shoulder holster for your baller? I know you sometimes cosplay. You’d for sure need a different suit (or a second blazer for when you have the big iron under your arm.

The movies and games use a bit of pretend when James Bond or 47 is wearing a perfectly tailored slim line suit one second and pulling a weapon out of it in the next, but if you go to the shop with the weapon and holster on you can go up a couple cheat sizes and a good tailor can make it less noticeable.

2 Likes

Oh I do, bought one some time ago searching for the one similar to Absolution.
I found it and bought it but it’s not for a 1911. It holds the gun just for a photo session before falling.

Yhea I noticed that is impossible. I tried with one of my suits that are fit just perfectly for my body and you can tell you are hiding something under your rib. Open jacket let’s say quite acceptable but if you close it, that is if you manage to close it, looks like you are having a purse under.

8 Likes