May Roadmap (Year 2)

Good thing they pushed Freelancer back to polish it further. :+1: Its better than playing a broken mess at release and crying about it.

I was more excited for Rocky anyway so Iā€™ll take it. The rest of the roadmap I donā€™t care.

13 Likes

as someone who has been asking for the suit with the bunny mask to be unlockable for a while iā€™m happy with this roadmap. Same for Raytracing, although I sure hope DLSS/FSR/XeSS comes at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another typo: ā€œin all itā€™s gloryā€ should be ā€œin all its gloryā€

:innocent: :poop:

2 Likes

Honestly, if theyā€™re going to do ET reactivations mixed with Year 2 versions, they should just release both types at once. This could also ease the pressure for outright new players as theyā€™d have another retry right away.

Iā€™m glad Rocky is coming out sooner than Freelancer, as that map could then in theory be used in Freelancer at the modeā€™s launch. Interesting that itā€™s an interquel, but probably better than squeezing it in somewhere after H3.

The fact Freelancer is delayed after closed testing fan feedback is a good sign that the mode is getting the attention it should. Looking forward to it.

Agent 47 can slap people in the face with a
wet fish he brought in his ostentatious briefcase. Joke weapons are fine. Better than a more traditional reskin.

3 Likes

The Ducky Gun will go Quack !!

It will go Quack !!!

mr-bison-street-fighter

Game of the decade. Worth the wait. I donā€™t care. The game is complete.
(To be clear this is not sarcasm, Iā€™m genuinely gleeful)

A lot of goodies that were asked before.

Also Space Conflict FCs ? Today, not yesterday ? May the Fifth be with you apparently.

More seriously, a lot is told here. With some change in the release time (As I thought, but even more expansive with Ambrose first). Happy to know that the Hitman Team can take all its time.

If I read between the lines correctly, that was some large decisions. Canā€™t imagine the meetings. Good ones if you ask me. But communication and the first months of content were the variable that were accepted to be touched. And the ones that took the hit.
In one hand itā€™s the job, on the other it couldnā€™t have been fun for anyone in coms.

Hope this bit of transparency will be enough. Was a bit restless recently.
Something tells me it wonā€™t unfortunately. Well at least a bit. Game communication is no joke sometimes. Good Luck Clemens and Travis.

Quack

8 Likes

christ

1 Like

I do not want to sound entitled or like an asshole, but why are we getting another colorado type restricted boring island map, there are so many places to take 47 to, and they choose another basic island in the middle of nowhere, i dunno, i guess weā€™ll see, but so far, not excited at all.

2 Likes

Considering the new update is gonna bring new Arcade contracts to it (new ones come out on the same day), I really hope some of that is the ā€œtargets from each gameā€ content that was seemingly teased or mentioned in Marchā€™s blog post.

Seeing the same batch of targets, especially in the Hitman 2 tracks, is pretty annoying, which has left me to avoid many of those so far.

Itā€™s interesting that thereā€™ll be two ETs running at once for 3 days. Weā€™ve never seen that before, so honestly itā€™ll be a bit neat to see the UI have a rotating ET tile.

Seems like weā€™ll get a second look at Freelancer later, really diving into the intricacies of the mode and how it works. Thatā€™s good. The original reveal sounded cool but didnā€™t show off all that much of the missions themselves. Just the Safehouse and Vendors.

The feedback from the playtests was largely positive and the mode is in very good shape. As weā€™ve said, weā€™re taking some extra time to tighten the mode up and improve several elements that we think will greatly improve the gameplay experience. Whilst we work on those improvements, weā€™re also preparing to dive deeper into the mode and share more of what you can expect.

1 Like

Randomly reactivating two ETs instead of #2ā€™ing them is stupid (especially since Travis had previously said that every ET going forward would be #2ā€™d). Its just going to cause issues moving forward that people will assume The Iconoclast and others are reactivations as well and miss them.

Though tbh I suspect because they didnā€™t release the planned April update, they didnā€™t have a chance to add the required #2 data into the game for these two (unless its already there, idk). But since Clemens has made it sound like it was a conscious decision that was made and hasnā€™t hinted that something else twisted their hand: I declare this decision ridiculous.

2 Likes

I feel that. I think that the core game as it is could be significantly improved upon with some very small additions/changes, even if theyā€™re relegated to a specific mode.

1 Like

I personally am excited for both The Yellow Rabbit Suit and The Ducky Gun!

I personally hope they add more suits that are already in the game, but just arenā€™t available for unlock (like the Pumpkin Head suit from The Mills Reverie Escalation in Hawkeā€™s Bay and the Black Ninja suit from the Mountain Path starting location in Hokkaido).

3 Likes

I actually liked that twist
The Freelancer mode sounded very ambitious in reusing the entire WoA as an immersive hitman role playing. That theyā€™re taking more time with it indicates the mode wonā€™t be just a superficial rework of mechanics here and there.

Then the new map I was expecting by November will release in July, which is great. So far itā€™s looking like a mix between Santa Fortuna and Haven Island with the atmosphere of The Final Test, which I love!

5 Likes

If the Ducky Gun still makes a noise even when out of ammo - that could be a huge plus! We have kinda needed a portable source of (making a) noise besides tossing a coin. We canā€™t tap on the wall, or punch a vehicle (like in Absolution) - so this has a lot of potential.

You could (even) use any of the 5mm guns in the same way, but the click was quieter. A ā€˜quackā€™ or ā€˜squeakā€™ will have a larger range. Hereā€™s a vid on a perfect way to use the quieter (out of ammo) gun.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Clemens reading those corrections be like

15 Likes

I like the roadmap. Definitely better thanā€¦ letā€™s not talk about April 2022. I like The Ducky Gun. A gun that makes a duck noise when fired. I donā€™t know why but we need that. Why isnā€™t our previously Duck Themed guns do that. I canā€™t wait to unlock it, though I am curious that it is yet another Elusive Target Arcade unlock. Is there like anything happening with the Elusive Target Arcade once the May Patch gets released? Weā€™ve been taking out the same few targets for quite some time for the HITMAN 2 and 3 ETs in HITMAN 3. Itā€™s becoming not as Elusive and no longer as interesting to me compare how excited I was when it was announced and released back in January.

Anyway. Also happy to get The Yellow Rabbit Suit. Not entirely sure what the Duck Hunt Challenge is going to be but Iā€™m assume it involves shooting with a shotgun. I donā€™t really care about the other Elusive Targets being ā€œreactivatedā€. Not much to report.

I am submitting 3 contracts for the two HITMAN Community Featured Contracts; 1 brand new in Food Fight - Isle of Dish-service?!, 1 brand new in Rubber Duck - Quackpot!!! and 1 recycle in Rubber Duck - my infamous Wrath submission returns, The Night The Duck Cried. What do you expect, I had to do an encore at some point and this opportunity is so hard to not miss. Check out the submission threads and the Fan contracts of Hitman 3 thread to find all 3 of the mentioned contracts. The new ones will be added very shortly. Other than that, hope you guys have a good time.

4 Likes

More like:

20 Likes

Thanks for bringing up my example, I fully agree! :smiley: A non-throw distraction would be really neat, especially if it is much louder than an empty pistol click. (They have the same noise level so far afaik)

5 Likes

10 Likes

I donā€™t mind freelancer being released after rocky. This way, we can have rocky used in freelancer right away pretty much.

2 Likes