MENDOZA, Argentina (Mission #5) - Location Discussion

I doubt Rico was Providence. The Morenos are/were Providence´s asset, which is likely how Grey enlisted Rico´s help - the enemy of my enemy… What I´m assuming is that the woman who says the “our SOB” thing either represents a party that was in business with Rico, or the way Rico ran the cartel simply suited well this party´s interests (unlike what Hector is doing).

13 Likes

Way back in Paris, Andre a Martinez had a polite chat with a women who was implied to be a member of the US congress.

So for all we know that person being angry about Rico’s death could be a (former) US politician who was part of a shady faction that backed Rico Delgado for unkown reasons. Makes more sense to me that him being with Providence.

Grey probably chose the Delgado cartel because he had something their leader wanted (the name of the killer of his uncle) and because they were the biggest opponent of the Moreno cartel (who’s an asset of Providence).

2 Likes

Maybe. I’m not sure why Providence would be precluded from having 2 assets in the area, particularly if keeping them in balance is good for keeping the peace in the area. More stability = more control. It’s also a way more straightforward interpretation of “our SOB” which makes it more likely in my mind.

Maybe, but isn’t the bigger draw that they also had a massive underground transportation network? Grey was effectively trading a name he already has for untraceable routes around the world which is a fucking genius bargain.

2 Likes

Thing is, I don’t think everyone at that party is necessarily affiliated with (or aware of) Providence. This particular lady might as well just be working for the CIA or State Department and referring to Delgado that way because his actions perfectly fit their policy/intentions in Latin America (whether he was cooperating with them or not).

3 Likes

Haha joking aside, I definitely think that’s the canon ending to the level :wink:

1 Like

Oh, don’t let the lol fool you. I’m completely serious about this. Michael Vogt himself could descend from the heavens Denmark and tell me otherwise and I would face him and walk backwards into hell.

Do we have a definitive answer on if the Sommelier ever takes the wine up himself?

I replayed the mission today, getting the tour going without dressing as Corvo or Vargas. After they get to the barrel room, I listened to the Sommelier’s conversation, emetic poisoned him and grabbed the Grand Paladin, then went up to the Herald meeting as a guard and placed the wine.

Then about 2 minutes after I killed Yates upstairs and was headed to the dance floor, a PiP popped up showing the Sommelier walking up to the pedestal the wine sits on and reaching out to grab it, but obviously nothing was there. I just went back to check and he walks over to the big barrel door and stands there waiting.

Did I miss this? Haven’t seen it answered before.

This bug thread got me thinking, are there any other starting locations in any other map that completely remove an npc? If you play a contract using this starting point that has you eliminate Mario Llosa it’s impossible to complete as he won’t ever spawn. I know using the private detective starting location makes it so he just stays at his car. Other unique disguise starting locations I thought of, the bank robber and personal trainer have no effect on the level. It’s kind of strange that in this one instance you completely assume Mario’s identity.

3 Likes

I think contracts mode shows a need for an additional exit, with tango (most likely) off the table. As it stands, there are no exits where you aren’t trespassing in your suit, which I think makes it unique among the trilogy. And on such a large level, there are areas now where the trek to an exit is pretty long. Maybe taking a car from the parking lot would suffice?

7 Likes

Got it here. Takes way to long to ever be useful but it’s nice to know.

@Kent @Curious_Gamer Saw you both asked about that so here’s a video.

8 Likes

I doubt this is only a question of time. I could swear I waited for like 15 minutes. Very interesting though. Thanks for the @

2 Likes

It’s possible, I’ll need to test more to see if anything else is needed to trigger it. My reply a couple posts up shows how I did the mission when I accidentally found it.

When I went back it was from my earliest auto save from that run, where I had already emetic poisoned his wine but not yet grabbed the paladin. I grabbed a guard outfit and waited for him to stop being sick, then just let him walk through his route 6 or so times. After that is what you see in the video.

3 Likes

Is there a way to speed up the meeting with the heralds after the dinner/speech?

During one playthrough, I was walking up the stairs at the underground waterside entrance to the meeting room. Mid-way up the stairs, I got a picture-in-picture of the room with the 1945 Grand Paladin. At that point I think I had already taken it. Nothing happened in the picture-in picture, but I had an idea that maybe the Sommelier would have walked in there and picked it up. I couldn’t replicate this again - I’ve never since seen that picture-in-picture come up. I also can’t remember how long I’d been playing the mission when it happened.

I wonder if the sommelier is just damaged scripting? The Bank had some wonky behaviour with Athena.

@TheBored23
Yes! The car idea is good and the level also needs the ability to just walk out of the gate all the way up at the top. It makes no sense that 47 couldn’t leave the estate.

2 Likes

If you’re talking about what I think you are, you have to talk to Diana in order to get Yates to leave the basement. This tripped me up at first, too.

It seems impossible to get Tamara Vidal on her own away from her personal bodyguard unless you use distractions/poisons etc etc etc for Suit Only, as she has a very limited route & is out in the open/checking in with security or visiting the cinema :joy:. Well I was doing some testing today & found a way to get her on her own :smirk: And her personal bodyguard is not an issue no more. Neither was these clowns :clown_face::clown_face: who kept following her around the whole map when I was doing some fun testing. The puzzle has been solved & I’ll upload the gameplay to show/explain how this method has not been discovered by anyone else :sunglasses:

5 Likes

No I meant after his retirement speech & eating the dinner. They eventually go to the meeting but it takes a lot of time.

I think her routes pretty good. I’ve found a bunch of accidents and fibre wire lures.

4 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: I’m 100% certain that nobody has discovered the method I have come across & I use no lures/no distractions/no subdue/no coins/no weapon drops/no exploits etc etc etc :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like