MENDOZA, Argentina (Mission #5) - Location Discussion

In-game hint = The guys talking to the sniper team are both gauchos :wink:

To be fair though, I too thought I could just use the earpiece in any disguise and had to turn mission guidance on to check that I can only do it in that one :sweat_smile:

1 Like

itā€™s an earpiece though. do they have to eyeball anyone who uses a radio? imagine the hassle! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Not sure if it has been sent in the forum but I found this video compiling Diana and Tamara Vidalā€™s games.

22 Likes

I love these subtle moments. You can see how comfortable they are around each other - Vidal gets answers and Diana gets to preen. And itā€™s all safe because sheā€™s dead in 20 minutes anyway. Thatā€™s my coldhearted wife :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I have a question, is the sniper rifle in Mendoza thatā€™s in the sniper nest not supposed to be useable by the player? I knocked out the two guys up there and when I picked it up I got a challenge, but I couldnā€™t actually shoot anybody with that gun and it was completely silent. Is it always like that or is this some weird bug? And if it supposed to be unusable for the player why is there a challenge attached to it.

Absolutamente a bug. Does it happen every time?

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure, since this is the first time Iā€™ve tried to use it myself. iā€™ll try it again tonight, and if it does the same thing again, Iā€™ll file a bug report I guess.

Hmmm, I had done the mission story where the sniper takes out Vidal, I wonder if that had anything to do with this. Iā€™ll try both ways tonight.

I just tried to grab this rifle with sniper team conscious and unconscious.
Both times I could kill some ā€œbirdsā€.
I used Sniper Spot starting point and didnā€™t change outfit.
In what conditions you were trying this?

I donā€™t have full mastery in Mendoza, so I was starting from the parking lot, and initially did the mission story with the gaucho disguise and using them to snipe Vidal, then I went up there to get the sniper myself to take care of Don, and as mentioned before, KO-ed the two guys took the gun and tried to snipe him. But it was silent and did nothing.
I actually tried to reproduce this just a bit ago, and it did the same thing, I even shot the guitar out of the hands of the guard on the back porch and he didnā€™t react.
I then re started the mission and went straight from the parking lot to the sniper nest, KO-ed the two guards, and the gun worked as it should. I sniped both targets with no problems.
So it seems to be an odd issue if you do the mission story first. Iā€™ll have a video of it up in a little while.

Edited to add a video link. Itā€™s a bit long, but I wanted to make sure I tried it a few times. And sorry for my garbage aim, Iā€™m not so great with that with a controller.

https://youtu.be/Kkki12Fis6g

1 Like

Yeah, it seems that after Vidal is killed by sniper team the rifle stops working as it should.
Iā€™ll test this when I get a chance, but I think that this is a problem and it has to be reported as a bug.
Only unless this is somehow intended. But I donā€™t see any reason of it being intended

Well, I posted it in the bug report thread and submitted a ticket on IOIā€™s ticket dealie. Itā€™s out of my hands now.

Does anyone know what the birdā€™s nest is all about? The one in the garden near the villa.
In Instinct-Mode it glows. When I shoot it nothing happens. It only get destroyed. There is also nothing to pick up if you shoot down the bird nest.

I donā€™t think there is any purpose in those nests.
I think they just reused a new asset that fits the trees. I mean there were no nests in previous games, so itā€™s new.
Technically the nests have practical purose only in Dartmoor when you force Carlisle to visit cemetery after destroying them. If donā€™t destroy them, she will never go there

2 Likes

I think itā€™s there to give you a second chance at intercepting the lawyer before he goes into the mansion.
He is a bird enthusiast, so if he sees the nest heā€™ll walk over there and observe it for a little while.

If you shoot the nest it will speed his path to the mansion up a bit, which might possibly be useful for contracts.

6 Likes

I never let him get beyond the lavender. Good to know.

3 Likes

For me this whole bird thing smells like easter egg spirit.
There is one Guira cuckoo (in the tree near the laywer). Iā€™m pretty sure there is something triggerable about this bird, the nest and potential other birds in other trees.
I searched for more than three hours for other birds but didnā€™t find any yet. Anyone had a similar idea or find other birds?

5 Likes

I have the same feeling about it. There must be a hidden easter egg too.

https://youtu.be/-Oh-fmLRPCk This is my SONKO run of Mendoza with a kill taken from TheProfessional on youtube for Don Yates and an original for Tamara

1 Like

Great video. Lotā€™s of interesting details.

1:28 - This confirms that Ken Morgan was a Providence operative but not a Herald. Probably recruited by Yates.

2:17 - Confirming again (after the News report in HITMAN 2) that Patient Zero is canon. Or that 47 at least killed Craig Black,

2:33 - Some ETs were already listed in the files in ā€œEnd of an Eraā€ but I donā€™t think Mark Faba was one of them. But that means his kill was canon.

2:43 & 3:27 ā€“ Both Beldingford and Dā€™Alvade were on the board in the basement of Colorado. IOI probably picked these two because even people who only played the WoA trilogy could theoretically remember these names.

2:53 - A yes one of the parallel universes where that was pruned by the TVA. Obviously, this is IOI poking fun at Absolutionā€™s controversial status among the fan base.

3:00 So at some point 47 was hired to kill Kovac. Unless ā€œThe Last Yardbirdā€ was canonically done by Knight and Stone, this means 47 killed all of them expect Ritter.

3:35 - Thatā€™s was the other clone Tamara. Kamarov was the FSB section Grey murdered for Novikov. Nice attention to detail.

3:55 - That was one of the people killed by Soders.

4:03 ā€“ And another ET confirmed as canon.

10 Likes

I wonder if weĀ“ll get him as an ET then. Though with him being imprisoned when H2 starts and 47 being rather busy from that pointā€¦ (side the gap between WC and Sgail perhaps)

6 Likes