Movies You’ve Only Just Watched

is that the jim jarmusch zombie flick?

Yep The Dead Don’t Die I saw a bit of it and I bounced. Kinda sad since I like Jarmusch as a director.

oh really? that sucks.

I watched Knives Out (2019) !!!

Thrombey Mansion was stunning and full of details showcased with a great cinematography!!!
Daniel Craig nails the detective part with an amazing accent while being almost funny to watch :smiley:
Murder mystery has many twists and turns that kept me watching and anticipate the impossible till the end.
Family members / suspects were all peculiar,strange and selfish that made each of their interactions interesting.
Ana De Armas 's performance was amazing…and hilarious at some points :stuck_out_tongue: .Chris Evans also was surprisingly good at his role and made me laugh.
Last but not least the orchestrated music fitted perfectly to the murder investigation.

I strongly recommend this movie to all Agents!!!

P.S. Obviously the reason I picked the movie was the Thornbridge Manor mystery awaiting at Dartmoor level in Hitman3 !!! Death Awaits :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Spoilers for uncut gems

Uncut gems gave me a headache. I am angry at myself for suggesting to watch it. I am angry at everyone involved with the movie for making the movie.

I get I think the movie is supposed to be frantic, New York minute thing, that’s…okay. It works. It left me with a headache. When Adam Saddler got his headshot in the end I was shocked, yes mouth open, but I was at peace. Finally it’s over.

What I dislike most about movie is it seemed pointless no decent people, everyone is the worst. I hate his wife, I hate his daughter, I don’t hate old jewish grandpa he’s aiight. I hate black guy from ‘Atlanta’ show and I hate Kevin Garnet. I hate side chick. Everyone is toxic and selfish.

I dunno I dunno my biggest walkaway was it’s like a horror movie, constantly yelling at screen “No don’t!” but it’s just debt not death.

Most fascinating thing about movie is thinking that people actually for real honestly live like this. All during the movie I think to myself “hey you not broke you have fancy car, you have apartment in middle of city for girlfriend, you live in big house with wife and kids-sell and pay debt! PLEASE SELL THE CAR AND PAY THE FUCKING DEBT!”

I dunno bad movie. Could have been over half hour. I hate this movie.

Re-watched The A-Team (2010)

I remember enjoying this, but not loving it. I actually think I enjoyed this less now, though I don’t hate it.
There’s definitely a good movie in there somewhere, but it’s obscured by silly contrivances, plans that couldn’t possibly be expected to work out, but do… ugly CGI set pieces, and an uneven tone.

The final set piece for instance, takes all of the work put into making the cinematography/lighting feel gritty and grounded, and flushes it down the toilet with a CGI disaster that just tears through all of that.
If they had just tried scaling the setpiece down a bit, and gone for practical effects, I think it would’ve been awesome. Now it looks like a cartoon.

On the other hand, the sequence where B.A. is tryin to escape with a briefcase filled with sensitive material while one of the villains is frantically shooting at him with a machine gun… is kind of borderine Heat-levels of awesome.

On the postive side, I love Liam Neeson as Hannibal Smith, and Alan Silvestri’s main theme is the next best thing to adapting the TV-series theme (which I wish they had done instead of just sprinkling it in here and there).

I wish I could like this more, but it feels like two different interpretations of the same material (one serious in tone, and one ridiculous in tone) shoved into a blender. The result doesn’t hold up.

6 Likes

I was randomly thinking about the A Team film the other day as it’s been years since I last watched it. Remember watching it in the cinema when it first came out and I really enjoyed it.

Will have to see how it holds up today.

Space sweepers, a Korean sci-fi film, was a pretty decent romp through space. It’s by no means the best film out there but it was quite enjoyable for what it was. Felt like it mixed a bunch of previous sci-fi elements I’ve seen before, a whole load of Firefly, a lil Star Wars, and maybe some Independence Day :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: it’s on netflix so not too out of the way

(Also Richard Armitage (Thorin from The Hobbit) is the main villain, weird)

3 Likes

Finally watched TENET
Oh boy it was good

4 Likes

I think you’re the second person I’ve heard that really enjoyed Tenet - I heard a lot of people were down on it, but a friend at work was giving it high praises too. Guess I’ll have to give it a watch.

Has anyone seen Willy’s Wonderland?

Just watched this one with some friends after hearing it was the best Nick Cage film in recent memory. I don’t think he had a single actual line, so maybe they were just taking the piss, but it was really entertaining in an awful B-movie kind of way. Some of the characters were reminding us of people at work, and when Cage’s character dips out of a fight scene and leaves a teenage girl to fend for herself because it’s time for his break, that reminded me of people at work even more. :sweat_smile: Anyway, it’s definitely not as bad as Jiujitsu

1 Like

Rewatching through the MCU and watched the Hulk film last night which personally I’d say is very underrated. Thought Norton did a very good job considering how the Hulk’s character in the latter films is a complete 360.

2 Likes

Most funniest thing is: in the beginning you see a German city and it’s said “Frankfurt” but it’s actually Cologne :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You think that’s bad? In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, they show a bar located in the argentinan Patagonia, which is snowy during the winter, generally cold the whole year, has some frozen lakes and is full of mountains.
According to the movie, that place is supposed to be Villa Gesell… a place that is around 1500km away from the Patagonia, where it never snows, it’s relatively hot even during the winter and has a lot of beaches. How did they make such a mistake?

2 Likes

Finally got around to watching Pride (2014)

It’s a based on real-life film about a gay organisation from London supporting Welsh miners during the 1984 strike. It’s a very heartwarming look at a piece of important British history, plus it’s just a generally good film. It deals with the themes of acceptance more than the history/politics of the strike. I’d definitely recommend to anyone who’s British, LGBT+, or a Miner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh really!

I assume people liked it. My friends seemed to, but I do have weird friends.

Last night, I watched Freaky

It was uh, fine? It has a lot of great references but so much of the dialogue is cringe because they let the actors adlib most of it, apparently, and it’s mostly young actors who just don’t have the level of experience to adlib well. The kills are amazeballs though. Worth watching if you’re used to horror movie cringe and into gory practical effect kills.

1 Like

Dating Amber

unnamed (2)

is a queer coming of age story set in like 80s Ireland. Basically a gay boy and girl start pretend dating to try and make their lives easier. It deals with some interesting and heavy ideas, like internalised homophobia, while still maintaining a quite light comedy feel

It’s nice to try and delve more into LGBT+ cinema (with this and Pride) and trying to explore facets of myself. Think I’ll try and continue

I’d definitely recommend giving it a watch tho

Ah that sucks, was looking forward to this one. Still might give it a watch just as a popcorn flick tho

4 Likes

The Florida Project.

The film is mostly from the kids perspective and takes place across a whole summer. Willem Dafoe is in it and he is excellent as always. The movies focuses on some tough subject matter and delves into social drama.

I highly recommend the film for anyone who just wants a well crafted movie.

2 Likes

RED came up in my Netflix recs so I have it on in the background now.

Pros: Helen Mirren.
Cons: Mary Louise Parker’s acting

But it’s cute

3 Likes

You left out a couple of pros… John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman, and Brian Cox and Tom Sizemore… oh wait that’s the other Red. Also a good film.

4 Likes

Terrible adaptation though. The comic its “based” on is anything but a wacky comedy. It’s harsh as F.

1 Like