Murder Mystery Game šŸ” 2.0

Sorry Iā€™m a bit late! Iā€™ll use bullet points as well.

My name is Bartholomew Liu, goes by Barth or Mr. Liu.

• Male with slicked black hair and a thin mustache
  • 35 years old
  • Originally from Guangzhou, China, but travels around the world to capture a wider view of art.
  • An artist that has the medium of oil paints. Big fan of Monet but dabbles in old Traditional Chinese paintings and classical paintings.
  • He came to Lord Nazarethā€™s manor to see the old paintings and get inspiration for his own.
  • Was a successful professional wrestler, but retired at age 24 after a close to crippling injury that left him unable to continue further; however, this only boosted his career as an artist.
  • Loves to speak with and listen to other artists and people who are dedicated to a craft, however not very open with his relatively short wrestling career.
8 Likes

Said it before but weā€™re still short a few players. Any onlookers like to join? Canā€™t start the game without you. :slightly_smiling_face:

You donā€™t have to create a bio if you donā€™t want to. Or you can take YellowZR1ā€™s idea and use a targetā€™s bio.

3 Likes

Iā€™m interested.

Back in the day I played something that was much like this game, ā€œMafiaScumā€, but this one somehow seems a bit simpler? Aside from the role writing, which is a bit more complex.

My name is Heinrich Wulff.

• Male. White hair and a receding hairline, slightly overweight. Very charismatic.
  • 65 years old
  • Born in Linz, Austria, where I have known a happy childhood with my two brothers, playing in nature and being little rascals in general.
  • I have started a lawfirm with my two brothers. The law firm is in the thriving business of representing victims of mob lynches and unjust public persecution. It is internationnally well-regarded. I travel a lot for work.
  • I attend a lot of international conferences for work. In particular, Iā€™m an enthusiatic follower of peace conferences (which I try to attend in person whenever I get the chance). A conference near Lord Nazarethā€™s manor is what brought me here.
  • I blend in well in circles of high-society. I am witty, highly intelligent and have a broad scope of expertise. Though my looks wouldnā€™t give it away, I am extremely capable of seducing my interlocutors.
  • I have seen military combat, but prefer not to talk about it. Nor do I like to expound on the skills Iā€™ve developed or the friends that I made during that time.
  • Iā€™m a sperm donor.
  • I enjoy wearing ladiesā€™ underwear.
  • I take long showers to wash off the stench of a rotten society.
9 Likes

Arenā€™t you and your youngest brother 26 years different in age?

1 Like

No, that sounds more like something somebody would dream up or remember wrongly, perhaps due to intense pain and suffering or heavy medication.

3 Likes

Weā€™re almost at our marker to start. Two more players would be ideal but we can make do with one. Donā€™t know how the original host picked who for what role so I decided Iā€™m going to put everybodyā€™s name in a bag and pick at random.

4 Likes

Thought it couldnā€™t hurt to bump this thread one more time. Last call for alcohol, two more players needed.

2 Likes

Donā€™t mean to be nitpicky but couldnā€™t you alter the rules slightly so we donā€™t need 2 extra players? I mean, maybe just have 1 detective instead of 2? I mean, I know it isnā€™t ideal exactly.

1 Like

Sure, but without two more people then the gameā€™s gonna be shorter. But if everyoneā€™s tried of waiting, then Iā€™ll need to make a few adjustments and we can start.

1 Like

I mean, if it would be alright with you, we could do, say, 2 or 3 rounds in a row. A bit like Among Us, just change who the Detective and who the Murderer are each round, but everyone keeps the characters theyā€™ve made up. Assuming each round would be pretty short.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean. Youā€™re saying after each murder and poll then we switch the roles?

1 Like

No, I mean, effectively after the game has ended, with either the killer being caught or the killer winning. Then we switch roles, but we keep the same backstories we wrote. Again, like Among Us.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah thatā€™s fine. No reason for anyone to have to drop their character and make up a new one for each game. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, and obviously you run it for however many games you want, since obviously being the host will be the most time consuming for you to organise this. In terms of waiting, Iā€™m happy to wait abit longer or start soon, Iā€™m pretty easy.

1 Like

Iā€™m cool with starting any time but just as a disclaimer, I wonā€™t be actively placing until the 28th. Thatā€™s the day Iā€™m finished with everything, but I will try my best to follow along! I might even die in that time before then so who knows :weary: I can see if any of my friends want to join though!

3 Likes

Okay folks, weā€™re short a few players but Iā€™m gonna get the game started anyway. Only this time theyā€™ll only be one detective instead of two. Iā€™m gonna PM everyone there roles and maybe you all would like to get to know each other, explore the mansion, enjoy drinks. Iā€™m at work right now so itā€™s as good a time as any, because by tomorrow, somebody might not be waking upā€¦

5 Likes

Sweet, looking forward to get started :smiley:

Also, Iā€™ve updated just my character name to fit into the Danish theme a bit more

3 Likes

Well, I think Iā€™ll head to the bar first, have some Rum and Coke, and quietly explore the mansion, inspecting each decoration and book on the shelf, see if it meets my high standard of good taste.

7 Likes

While this Drunkard gives in to the booze, I think Iā€™ll take my bow out to the gardens and get some practise in. Nazarethā€™s small, sculptured ornaments along the outer walls make for oh so convenient targets

6 Likes

Okay, I think I sent out all PMā€™s but let me know in case anyone didnā€™t get one.

3 Likes