Orson's Nightmare (Halloween) | Permanent Event

It’s coming back, and it’s permanent!

20 Likes

If H3 still has live support by next year I hope for something at Whittleton Creek. Still this escalation is really nice to have back.

11 Likes

I think they learned that making it limited time was bad.

13 Likes

I still don’t get why they put Orson’s Nightmare on the picture even though it’s Mills Reverie everywhere else

5 Likes

Maybe they changed its name.

They just released a roadmap video and blogpost with it on :sweat_smile:

Classic IO just confusing people unnecessarily

2 Likes

Maybe it’s for new people to know what it is about.

3 Likes

Oh they made it permanent! Great!

Didn’t think they could change it so quick like that but that’s good.

1 Like

Bingo. Much more attractive to say “Orson’s Nightmare Halloween Event” vs “Mill’s Reverie Escalation” when talking to new players who will possibly only see one ‘thing’ on this activity. Long time players will have seen either the stream, discussion, roadmap blog, trailer etc.

18 Likes

I just realised this escalation is out now. Neat.

With this one complete, I’ll finally have the Escalations - Track 2, Tier 11 complete [28 H2 Escalations], and that section of challenges will finally be “100%”. (I could have used a different escalation, but there aren’t any left from H2 that interested me enough for that.)

This also means that ny completion percentage on some H3 Locations will go back to being 100%. No idea why they’ve counted the Escalation Challenges as a part of Main Hitman 3 completion since they all relate to Legacy content.

2 Likes

I’m so used to the H3 escalations that I didn’t even realise until I was finishing up Level 3 that I actually had items in my inventory. I somehow didn’t notice it on the menu prior to starting each level. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

adding onto the list of examples of io interactive’a really bizarre unlock philosophy is the returning halloween event offering a wetsuit and a batarang instead of the pumpkin head suit that they created just for halloween lol

6 Likes

Probably because it’s not a suit, it’s an empty pumpkin with a coat for a body

5 Likes

I’m also confused as to why people would want this pumpkin scarecrow outfit in normal gameplay. Santa you could justify… he’s Santa.

But there ain’t no map apart from Colorado where the spooky scarecrow fits.

2 Likes

Hawke´s Bay or Dartmoor would work.

2 Likes

I guess. I just don’t see myself wearing it in almost any situation

2 Likes

These are just what was offered as unlocks in Hitman 2.

The Wetsuit was a long requested unlock at the time. The batarang I’m guessing is a nod to Hitman 2’s publisher Warner Bros. Interactive and their Batman Arkham games.

1 Like

So do all the snow themed outfits but here we are

8 Likes

Touché.

I still think winter outfits might have more logical use than Pumpkin head.
Eh, if we get it one day, we get it. That probably won’t be for a full year if it does happen.

3 Likes

I have always enjoyed The Mills Reverie, even if the last level is somewhat frustrating. The map changes add to the atmosphere and it’s an interesting escalation in general.

I actually surprised myself, as I completed level 3 much faster than when I first played it in Hitman 2. I managed to do it in 7:19, and I completed all three levels in 11:38.

5 Likes