Orson's Nightmare (Halloween) | Permanent Event

It makes sense to make it permanent if they’re going to tie unlocks to it. Also, LOVE the vibe the level gives. Being able to visit it at any time is great. We do need some (more?) screenshots of the decorations - like in the house.

2 Likes

The lighting in this is absolutely atrocious. The fuckin lows are pushed real low and the highs are pushed real high. Maybe my TV can’t keep up but this escalation seen in H3 is a striking example of the lighting issues that plague this iteration of the game.

I don’t get the arguments here and elsewhere regarding “what maps you can properly roleplay with any given suit.” This is a game with broadswords in briefcases and exploding rubber duckies. I wear the wetsuit at a winery. I wear the straight jacket to the Sanguine show. I wear the cowboy getup in Dubai like a jingoistic businessman. Who cares! It’s fun. I want the pumpkin outfit and my top choices to wear it are: Hokkaido, Whittleton Creek, and Chongqing.

Was fun to play this escalation again. Probably won’t play it again again though. There are 23 guards I think. Katana-wielding pumpkin nightmare killer is approach of choice.

13 Likes

Its been fun to replay this one again, the premise has always been uniquely cool plus the tailor-made Halloween decorations everywhere.

Final level is pretty hard to get SA on, provides a nice challenge.
And finally, my Escalations Track 2 is now complete.

But MAN that lighting really is awful. I don’t think the beach is meant to look like it’s covered in soot. I’m surprised Instinct is actually brighter than the map itself.
It’ll be a while before they can patch a fix, which kinda sucks. This is definitely not what the Halloween event should look like.

7 Likes

@Axwage and @TheChicken
Yes, the lighting is dreadful on Xbox Series X too. When you enter the house it is completely black unless you look towards a light source, then it seems to adjust.

Also, on level 3 it says “Pacify or eliminate all guards”. However, eliminating them negates SA. Is this intentional?

5 Likes

One condition for SA is that you should only eliminate targets. Same thing happens in Carpathian. You can still knock them out for SA.

btw lighting is utterly bad on PS as well.

4 Likes

I just couldn’t recall if it was the same when it first came out. With the Wrath DLC, allowing you to kill non-targets, I was wondering if we were supposed to be allowed to kill them without penalty?

2 Likes

You should probably ask that in the next stream :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It was always like that. You can kill them according to the objective but you’ll lose SA anyway. A pity.

And yes, the lighting is horrible. This was definitely not like that earlier on. And I’m still on the same XBox One system because that series X seems harder to find than a rusty nail in some tall grass on a nightmarishly lighted New Zealand beach.

5 Likes

Apparently, i’m not the only one who complains how dark, almost black the level is. I got a new tv, i tried to change the in-game options, but it is so dark, it’s almost unbearable. I kept using the vision to see where the enemies were. And how fun it was when i couldn’t remember where i put the bat :rofl:
Love the suit!

2 Likes

Lighting is absolutely awful in S3 of this escalation for some reason, I had to max my gama setting to barely see anything. Also, since introduction of “Non-target eliminations do not void SA”, it would be nice to have this here as well - and maybe also in Carpathian mountains.

1 Like

If I remember correctly it also was the case at the release of the The Proloff Parable deluxe escalation in february , the second stage (the sword is hungry) was impossible to SA for a while.

The “no non target kill penality” complication was then patched in may and the 3.30.

This category of complication might have been created then, so not present in the repertoire during the Mills Reverie creation in 2019. But it was available for Wrath.

But don’t quote me on that.

4 Likes

I haven’t played it yet on H3, but by everyone’s comments here, I may hold off until they patch it up. I’ve already got everything you can unlock with it in my inventory, so I can afford to wait.

2 Likes

I really didn’t have any graphical issues at all with this. Looked pretty much identical to how I remembered it looking back in Hitman 2.

Had lighting issues as well. I could see better in instinct than without tbh

2 Likes

Agreed that the lighting could be better. Excellent Hallowe’en atmosphere in Hawke’s Bay. Pacifying all 24 NPCs SA without time constraints was fun.

I am not sure why there are caches of mini pumpkins and squeaky toys. What is up with that.

Whittleton Creek would be a great place to change up things. Maybe next’s year’s Halloween would feature a Trick or Treat in this small town. Since IOI didn’t add an unlock for the Halloween Suit from Orson’s Nightmare, hopefully a chance next year? Or can we please get a task to complete to unlock this suit instead of the Tactical Wetsuit.

2 Likes

Do people really expect more content next year?
I half expect it to be over after new year, honestly. Not glad about it of course.

1 Like

Travis mentioned in a previous IOI insider that they have plans for 2022 for Hitman. Doesn’t mean that we can expect for the whole year… but we can expect some new contents for the beginning of 2022.

4 Likes

I think he definitely confirmed/teased that there’s plans for new stuff in 2022 back in a June/July IOI stream.

3 Likes

I don’t remember the exact wording, but I try to keep my expectations low either way - it might just be the same content we’ve received so far, but for the Steam version.

As for the Mills Reverie: was it possible to choose your gear in the Hitman 2 version or is that a change? I seem to remember the loadout was restricted back then?