Orson's Nightmare (Halloween) | Permanent Event

What I’m really curious about is what new content we’ll get after the Season of Wrath. Will they start another big DLC or hold off until late January for the Steam Release? Will we get an eighth new ET that isn’t themed around any sin? Will we get more new free escalations? What legacy ET will they run? It’s hard to tell

It was never possible to choose a load-out. The escalation requires a specific outfit and weapon as it’s not 47, but a nightmare of Orson that is doing the level (which is also why there’s no unlockable pumpkin-head outfit for 47 - it was never him in the first place).

1 Like

Not officially anyway. Officially the game refers to it as a suit and not another creature.

1 Like

I mean, technically, yeah, but 47 isn’t even inside the suit…

Also, totally wrong on my part. You can choose a loadout.

1 Like

very confused what is the lore behind this. why did we have to sacrifice the guy

1 Like

It’s just a nightmare that the target is having. It probably takes place after the Hawkes Bay mission and Orson is mourning the loss of Alma, and probably thinking that he’s going to be killed too, since he is part of Grey’s militia, so he’s just dreaming that an assassin, represented here by an evil Halloween spirit with a Jack-o-lantern head, is out to get him. Anything that doesn’t make sense, like why he has to be dealt with in certain ways and have his body dragged to other places, can be chalked up to dreams, even bad dreams, just not making sense.

7 Likes

Just played this again for the pumpkin suit. The lighting seems even worse than before. No way to see anything in most of that map without instinct, it’s so dark. This mission is pretty unplayable in its current state in my opinion.

6 Likes

I really liked the super-dark lighting for this map, specifically. It felt like it should be that dark, given the map.

7 Likes

I also like seeing where i’m going.

3 Likes

Where’s your sense of adventure? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I just installed Hitman and Hitman 2 again to tick off some pending Xbox achievements. I can confirm that the lighting for this escalation was much better in H2: you could see where you were going but it kept all of the scary atmosphere. Even more so because you could more easily see the neat little details in the decor.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest, in H2, it really wasn’t much better. In fact, I’m reasonably sure there aren’t any changes.

You can take my word on it. I played it yesterday, the difference is doubtlessly there :wink:

1 Like