Persistent Shortcuts Explained

Oh boy can’t wait for ICA Remote Explosive Mark III “Master Crafted”.

Also why the hell does the ICA 19 have sticker. It’s not an unlock soo… Why?

3 Likes

I don’t mind the idea, but I do agree that I think there should be a way to turn it off the permanent aspect of it, so that you could do a new playthrough without the shortcut unlocked.

I’m not a speedrunner, but I can’t help but think we’re going to see alot of speedrun videos entitled “Dubai Speedrun (Persistent Shortcuts OFF).”

8 Likes

I don’t see any sticker… can you post a screenshot?

could be the… Ejector? but i think its a Sticker.

It is the chrome ejector.

Jeez did you pay no attention when @badeaguard explained the gun?

17 Likes

Dude even I knew that was the ejector and I hate know next to nothing about guns.

I think ICA19 originally had a black ejector. But yeah, I think it’s just ejector. It looks a bit like a sticker when aiming, though.

1 Like

Dundee, i just dont know the english Word :unamused:

1 Like

That is because Dundee is Celtic you Jerry bastard.

The shiny (white) part is the back end of the barrel which is also the chamber the unfired round sits in before it fires. The slide (top metal black part that slides back and forth) has a cutaway called the ejection port that allows the spent casing to be discarded when the weapon cycles. This video is pretty detailed and interesting. Keep in mind other weapons work slightly differently.

1 Like

as for the ejector in the alpha

1 Like

I’m not sure about the feature because it gives me the “I was already here” feeling. I can’t really explain why I don’t like it, I just have the feeling that this will ruin the experience for me a bit. But can’t say that for sure, I’m just sceptical. We will see in two weeks…

8 Likes

It’s a time waster made by the devs to force players to check every nook and cranny of a level to locate the shortcuts and unlock the challenges, similar to the location discovery challenges in Hitman 2.

You didn’t need to do that in H2 it just unlocked one challenge. Honestly a very harmless feature.

2 Likes

I hope that it will not be overdone. Maybe the higher the difficulty, the less shortcuts but it maybe too arbitrary.

Completionists will want to have a word with you :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but if you do all the challenges you’re gonna visit every location. Which includes doing 40 contracts, doing SASO sniper on every map and collecting every disguise.

2 Likes

I’m sure they designed it well with alternative entry points as they always do. But e.g. in the video, those ladders are located at the end of long pathways, so in your first run you will go along there and face a dead end. Makes first time exploration a bit tedious.
See also my reply here:

Maps become easier naturally already as you replay them over time, since you get to know the ins and outs. Maybe the reverse effect, paths that get locked (semi-)permanently after e.g. mission stories or something would be interesting to make maps harder over time instead of easier.

3 Likes

I like this idea honestly. Over time I will forget that these are even “shortcuts” and will eventually just take them as being part of the map.

11 Likes

the ejector seems more like a rectangle, while in the picture above its just a small square, at least is that what i see.

Also the ejector ends quite exactly above his finger, but the little square is a bit further away.

2 Likes