Persistent Shortcuts Explained

Imagine, you just walking down the street, and random guards shows up to frisk you. What would you react? Seriously.

1 Like

Yeh fair enough it is a bit odd. But if I’m ina cop costume I shouldn’t get away with walking with a silenced AR or even a silenced pistol. Game needs to encourage proper role play.
Another feature they should add is limited inventory.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Idea: blood trails

This discussion is getting really ridiculous I think. “I love everything about this game but they should change this long list of things” is what it sounds like.

4 Likes

image0

Spelling @Mattias_IOI

4 Likes

not change but improve, expand upon and add etc.

LOL the game is called “hitman” and the game is predominantly designed around the idea of killing silently. You miss the point.

For the second period, I really don’t understand what’s your point. To make a good blood mechanic, they will change a lot of things. WoA ISN’T the place to make this major changes.

1 Like

Why does Hitman have to be silent? Alot of hits in real life aren’t silent.
It should be just as satisfying to go loud but tactically so.
Me personally I go silent but kill as many thug guards as possible, and avoid harming civilians. But I get penalised for my approach which is frustrating though it takes just as much effort or is harder than role playing into a costume to get an easy kill.

It’s not about silent per se, but about making it appear like there was no assassination at all, only an unfortunate chain of events.
Unlike Mafia or gang killers, 47 isn’t hired to leave a message but to strategically remove people. (at least he was, before he turned into an emotionally driven retard that kills Shadow Client and Providence operatives until they make a mistake and lead him to their bosses)

4 Likes

Do you guys think shortcuts will be limited to ladders? I do believe that they’ll make their way into the previous levels like foliage / tall grass did when HITMAN 2 released. So I picked some places where the implementation of persistent shortcuts could be ~ nice ~ (up to discussion).

Ladders

The most obvious one. Almost all maps feature ladders of varying heights though I’m not sure whether those have to be extendable ones like in the video or not. I think Paris would benefit the most from this change by forcing first time players through the attic for example.

Doors

Next up on the list: Doors. There are already numerous doors on the map which are unlocked from the beginning. I don’t think having to unlock them once from the inside would affect anyone really (e.g. the attic door in Sapienza or the maintenance door right at the start of the level in Bangkok).

Pipes

I had to grasp at straws for this one so I don’t expect them to be in the game. Realistically, these could be implemented by setting up safety barriers in places where OSHA regulations were largely disregarded :grinning:

5 Likes

The vine at the mansion in Santa Fortuna seems like a good spot for one.

2 Likes

I think you were right about this being a Sticker.

11 Likes

in this picture I looks like theres a white barcode on the gun, or am i crazy?

8 Likes

Yeah it looks like that III from the game logo

2 Likes

Oh look the superassassin brought his old digicam from 2002 :smiley:

1 Like

That’s an interesting concept indeed! But i think most of people here are afraid that it will make some “easy paths” permanent and ruin the ensemble…

1 Like

That muffin looks terrible. IO you should be ashamed of yourself. You call them blueberries.

2 Likes

So… reckon throwing a bomb up at the ladder would ‘unlock’ the shortcut?

1 Like

Yeah, they can at least make it brown and become a chocolate muffin, it’s probably better looking. :cupcake:

1 Like

@YellowZR1 And @Chef-assassin
You guys have nailed it! 47 hands, his face, his walk, the levels, the weapons and equipment (or lack thereof)… none of this is important. The muffins need to get better or I will be cancelling my preorder :joy:

3 Likes