Player-Made Elusive Contracts (All Platforms)

Invalid run, since I made the recreation, but I thought I’d show off the route I used to make the recreation.

3 Likes

I followed the rules. Score: 168 479
Good contract, just challenging enough except that I would have also put a NO KO restriction :wink:.

Somehow I forgot if the cannonballs were also in the attic or not so I had to return there after checking that they weren’t at the cannons, couldn’t find them on the first sweep. :joy: The targets were easy enough to kill, but I was a bit worried that the body of the other one would be found after the ruckus. Luckily it wasn’t. Had to take the boat exit because I couldn’t be arsed with the car, even though I took the keys.

Unfortunately my recording was partially frozen because something happened to my PC. Due to that I can’t show the parts where I kill the second target and shoot with the cannon, you can just see me escaping from the scene, guards being alerted.
In the game I didn’t notice anything weird until I had to shoot with the cannon. I couldn’t interact with it at all for some time and was really confused (I was able to load it though). I kept trying and it started working a little before the recording was unfrozen. Idk what that was about but my PC has been having weird freezes lately and I haven’t been able to fix the issue. Of course such crap had to happen just now.

4 Likes

I ran a random contract thrice:

1. Killed the guy and hid the body perfectly, got myself spotted by a guard and exited immediately. This made no noticed kills disappear (and never spotted)
  2. Same as 1), but got spotted by a civilian (that did not alert a guard before I exited). Got the same results
  3. I lured the guy in the sight of two guards, shot him in the head and ran off. This made me NOT lose no noticed kills or never spotted.

My guess is that getting spotted voids no noticed kills in any case. Also, I would think 3) is a noticed kill, but apparently not (I dont know if this was the case initially, but it seems logical)

I am unsure what the consequences are of this for scoring in these contracts, but it definitely seems to be harder now

This is definitely not how no noticed kills should work.

If someone sees you kill someone, or someone sees someone die, then that’s a noticed kill.

That’s a really strange bug!!

1 Like

To finish my exploration (before we get too off-topic) I just did grand theft bosco (the famous no-target contract), didn’t do anything to anyone and lost no noticed kills. Of course this is a bit of an outlier, but I am now 99% sure that never spotted = no noticed kills

I will report my findings in the bug report soon

Edit: I just recalled that @ZeroGravitas disproves this hypothesis with his run on grand theft bike-o (getting confused yet?), so I am not completely sure what the cause is. My best guess now is that you lose no noticed kills when you get completely compromised, so being suspicious is fine.

2 Likes

Maybe it goes like this:

• If you kill someone, without anyone noticing
  • And you get spotted and compromised
  • Then you lose “No noticed kills,” since although you weren’t spotted in the moment, they can put it together afterwards because you got completely compromised.

Right, but that shouldn’t be how it works.

It should be that if someone dies in front of someone else (but isn’t an accident or poison), or spots you doing it, that takes away the “No noticed kills” bonus.

Otherwise, you should lose “no bodies found” if you’ve been spotted after every level because eventually someone is going to open that wardrobe. (even though they literally can’t in-game)

I followed the rules. Score: 171’790
Loved this contract. Haven’t played a lot of Hitman lately and just came back for this. Wasn’t that hard, but very enjoyable. Was going for suit only at first but decided to play it safe and got the guard outfit.
Here’s my run:

5 Likes

Right, it’s definitely a bug - I just have an insatiable urge to reason out the internal logic of bugs. :stuck_out_tongue: Comes with being a mystery fan, I think.

This feels like one of those bugs that presents as an unintentional ripple effect of another feature. It’s hard to imagine what that could be without knowing more about the internal logic of the game. Probably just a typo that came with a bug fix (like the How the Mighty Fall bug).

Anyway. I really liked this Target and I’m looking forward to the next one.

Screw it. Because it’s a bit complex, I wanna make a briefing for whenever my contract gets posted. I’m not winning next week, so I’ve got more time now.

I’ve got a script written out that I did yesterday, and I got to do the voiceover first if I want to know how long it’ll be. Just wondering if any of you want to hear me to pull of an RP British English accent for my ICA handler, or just go for my normal Canadian/North American dialect.

• RP British
  • Normal North American

0 voters

Why would I want to put so much work into something that only lasts a week and barely 10 people will see? I don’t know, I’m bored and I want to do something creative.

3 Likes

I voted “North American” because that’s obviously the easier option, but my actual answer is that you should do whatever you want to do. If you feel like pulling a British accent, do that.

Either approach is perfectly logical. The ICA would have handlers of various nationalities.

2 Likes

I voted NA because I like voice actors who are channeling some part of themselves, rather than the kind that ‘do voices’.

1 Like

I went by the rules for 169 thousand points and I suddenly realized that there really is a feeling of excitement. That’s cool! And this is even provided that before passing through, I found the places where the cores were and chose the most useful items.

7 Likes

I followed the rules and… I failed they spotted me right after the cannon explosion and then they killed me however a very fun and interesting contract.

3 Likes

I shoot, I still have to have a crack at this :flushed:

I followed the rules.

Firstly, great contract. 90% of the areas were new to me, so it was tense and exciting finding a way to infiltrate the villa suit-only. Which I did at my snail’s pace.

But I got unlucky once, and the game gave me 2/5 stars!

Forget you, game! I expected 4, or at least 3 stars – but 2? No. I don’t accept it. I was amazing. Diana is just looking for excuses to reduce my pay. :smile:

6 Likes

I nearly speedran it, but the guard by the cannon spotted me at the last second and we got into a bit of a gunfight :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: really fun contract tho, loved the addition objectives

4 Likes

The reason I didn’t pull the target over the ledge quicker at the start of my video is because I was looking for the attack button. I didn’t see it right there in front of me. I just kept seeing the “vault” command. Was confused. lol

2 Likes

Well, the deadline has passed and @djsojus is our winner. Nicely done. :tada:

6 Likes

Wow! Didn’t expect that. Try to plan a new Elusive Contract by the end of the day.

2 Likes