Player-Made Elusive Contracts (All Platforms)

The Ophthalmologist

Good afternoon, 47. The targets are two unassociated bodyguards stationed in Whittleton Creek, Vermont, who’s excellent eyesight will be their downfall. Joseph Gorski, a local ophthalmologist, is going out of business at the hands of Dr Lafayette and he wishes to frame him for the murder of two people with excellent eyesight, who would never become his customer, The client is also offering a bonus for each resident afflicted by a flash device, up to the 20th resident. Best of luck, agent.

PC ID: 1-22-5582437-62 (Thank you @djsojus)
PS ID: 2-22-5546711-98 (Thank you @TheChicken)
Xbox ID: 3-22-7937540-02
Deadline: Until June 16th, 19:00 UTC

Objectives:

• Eliminate Gunther Mueller as Dr Lafayette (Nurse)
  • Eliminate Spencer “The Hammer” Green as Dr Lafayette (Nurse)
  • Tasers must only be used in combination with puddles of water.

Bonus Objective:
Each unique non-target afflicted by a flash device will add 1000 points, up to the 20th npc for a maximum of 20,000

For Recreation:

t

I’ve chosen to allow emetics as finding a spot to sieker them is a challenge in itself.

8 Likes

Hang on, Dr. Lafayette? Is it the nurse disguise?

2 Likes

yep.
Probably should have cleared that up
I’ve added (nurse) to the objectives

4 Likes

Awesome targets. I will follow the goddamn rules this time.

8:22

3 NPCs flashed :wink: 1000 x 3 l 3000

Total 169,623

I followed the rules.

I captured it as well. If it looks like I know NPC behavior all too well it’s because WC is one of my favorite maps. This was fun. No emetics used either.

Do people post runs? Spoiler tags?

4 Likes

Nice. Looking forward to doing this one over the weekend. I knew who the targets were as soon as I saw the names so it will probably look smoother than it should. Have to resist the urge to try and speedrun it as well. :joy:

With the “flash non-targets”, is this just anyone who reacts to a flash grenade/flash phone on screen? Eg can I just lob a flash grenade at an unsuspecting group? :eyes:

1 Like

Recreated for PC: 1-22-5582437-62

5 Likes

Anyone who looks down and puts their hand up to their face as if a guard just woke them up after the flash grenade detonates counts. You can absolutely just lob a phone or grenade at a group.

I posted my run a couple days before the last one expired, but I think it’s up to you. I’m intrigued to see what flash device/npcs you used

I followed the rules.
Score: 132,981 + 12 x 1000 = 144,981
For some reason OBS didn’t record the sound so I’m not going to post the video. :upside_down_face: Could be related to that it had an update I didn’t want to run yet. Instead here’s a picture collage from my run.
Could have been a great run had I not taken a peek from that one door. I didn’t even had to do that but I wasn’t sure if I was trespassing already, I would have escaped normally if I wasn’t.

My run

Basic loadout, hid the flash phone in some ashtray stand.

Took out The Hammer first because I knew I could lure him with the generator if I was fast.

Disguise obtained.

Picked up some flash grenades that I could use later.

Talked to Janus and followed him so I could take out Mueller more easily.

Got spotted here. That was stupid, I should have just escaped through the attic right away and that’s what I ended up doing anyway.

Here are the eight victims of my flash phone trick.

Then used a grenade on these two.

Second target eliminated.

Lastly, two more people flashbanged.

Ok score, apart from one mistake.

In the coming weeks I can probably recreate these on PC, I’ll be able to only use my laptop and I’m not going to record videos on that since any Sony Vegas Pro video editor doesn’t work on that for some reason. Its performance isn’t always that good either. I’ll only have to install the game on that first.

5 Likes

Just so it’s out there for @ZeroGravitas, I’ll recreate it for PS4. I’ve barely done it for this thread and I feel a bit guilty about that.

2 Likes

Here you go @linux_penguin

PS ID 2-22-5546711-98

4 Likes

Fiber Wire only run, of course :wink:

I took my time as Gunther is an apathetic prick. I’m shocked a throwable worked on him lol.

6 Likes

I followed the rules.

168,969 + 6 people given permanent eye damage.
= 174,969

This was fun. It’s crazy how much differently you play a contract when you only have 1 run, and how much you miss the NPC icons and instinct when they aren’t there. Much more tentative than I would usually be.

Kind of a shame I already knew the targets by their names as it meant I didn’t have to hunt for them.

Almost got spotted twice by cameras which would have slowed me down a lot, luckily I remembered just in time :joy:

5 Likes

It’s great to see people who’ve done it using the flash grenades on the map. I was tempted to pick Sgail where the flash grenades are on raiders but I felt that would make all the runs use take-in flash items. Nice to see a mix of the two! I’d also like to say all of these runs are very good, excited to see who wins!

3 Likes

Here’s my non-eligible run. Fun contract, though I got pretty careless (in cut footage). Note the 14 NPCs I blinded (I hope using the Flash Phone is still okay?)

https://youtu.be/TQwiGOApsXc

4 Likes

Well. I failed. So badly that I don’t even really want to upload the clip because it’s just Guenther going from 0 to You’re Dead in about half a second. :man_facepalming:

I think that my brain thinks that the row of bookshelves in the Gramophone room are high enough that NPCs can’t see over them…but they can. :grin:

3 Likes

I’d watch it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Playing now.

The first thing I did was waste my flash grenade by throwing it out of the tree-house into an empty garden. I was trying to throw my briefcase down, but didn’t realize I had the grenade in my hand. Excellent use of resources, 47. I’m on top form as usual. :sweat_smile:

Onwards!

3 Likes

I followed the rules.

3/5 stars. I thought I deserved 4, but – eh, I survived, and I actually killed a target this week! – so I’ll take comfort in the fact that my form is drastically improving.

Getting spotted holding a flash grenade by half the population of Whittleton Creek was totally intentional. How were we supposed to frame Dr Lafayette if nobody saw the good doctor committing crimes, eh? EH? I think I should get three bonus stars for my highly intelligent strategy. :wink:

4 Likes

Whoops, completely forgot to say the deadline is over.
Congrats, Agent @Crewdy for your win with 174,969 points. Fun fact, if you hadn’t blinded anyone at all then the win would have gone to Mr Hell. Excited to see what you create.

5 Likes

Oh nice! Now I have to come up with something! I have a few ideas but I’m not sure they entirely fit the elusive target style so I might try out something else. I’ll hopefully get it done by the end of the day tomorrow :grin:

5 Likes