Player-Made Elusive Contracts (All Platforms)

Yes! I’d love to bring this back, always was a lot of fun and led to some nice longevity for HITMAN, when the featured contracts or other re-run content felt a bit stale.

(On a side note, I was worried a few months ago when Freelancer was still in the cards that it would take away from this mode – luckily that didn’t happen, but if IOI does well, I feel like a rogue-like Hitman mode could scrath the same itch as this user-created-challenge)

5 Likes

Anybody tried this yet? I already played it before I was aware that it’s an elusive contract. So I already know where the targets are. Wouldn’t be fair.

I will do it tomorrow! I’ve taken a long break from playing Hitman (except ET:s) but just replayed all main missions in WoA, always enjoyed these elusive contracts too.

2 Likes

Seems like I’m kinda rusty, a camera spotted me when I was about to shoot it and then I had to shoot a guard. I also don’t remember all enforcers here. I like the targets but I didn’t really bother to deal with them properly because I had already fucked up quite majestically. Only got a score of 50,404 but it’s been quite some time since the last time I played with no instinct or other help.

Idk what’s happening but there is horrible flashing in certain areas of some maps which makes them pretty much unplayable, the lobby of the bank is one of them. Even if I had a good run I wouldn’t really want to publish the video because of that.

4 Likes

Well if Beldingford was rusty I was SUPER rusty.
(Actually, i think I got a better score, but still, I was running from enforcers so much, was confused about disguise areas.)

I haven’t played New York in a looong time. Cut down a sizeable 17-minute run to 8min video

5 Likes

Oh no! I feel like eveyone might be quite rusty on this one, outside of these ET’s I don’t think most people play with NPC Icons & Instinct off at least, that’s the real killer with these I find. Jimmy and Fabien are 2 serial run-rippers on this map as well :pensive:

Thank you for playing it though, I hope you both still enjoyed the challenge. Let’s wait and see how others get on!

3 Likes

Based on how it’s going so far, I’ll probably fail but I’ll try to do so with style!

Also, is retrieving the file worth any extra points like bonus objectives used to be? If so, how much?

2 Likes

I think it’s just a required objective

2 Likes

No, just an additional required objective. Didn’t want to get in to bonus points for this one, but the case file fits the story nicely so I added it as an extra!

1 Like

Wow, it seems everybody was kind of screwed over. I also managed to get 67,179 points.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t make a video since the game was suddenly running at an awfully low FPS rate for some reason which wouldn’t look nice in a video.

Everything went well until I tried taking out Wayne Bronson. I won’t reveal much, but I did try to Sieker him, which didn’t work out because of one NPC.

4 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

I love getting “messy amateur”! (The accompanying sound effect is so satisfying)

Anyway, you’re not the only one that’s rusty and I’m sure I’ll be little better :grin:

4 Likes

I think my plan changed about a dozen times over the course of the contract (half of them on the exfiltration alone). If you watch carefully, you can probably spot most of them. :grin:

SA in 16:18. 159,708

7 Likes

Okay, we’ve got 4 people submitted here. Let’s see if we can get this thread moving again.

What say we? Official deadline in another 7 days? 5?
Hm?

3 Likes

I’ll definitely be playing in the next day or so!

4 Likes

Nothing much to write home about this time. I realized after I had completed the heist that I had only prepared for the heist so the targets proved challenging to eliminate. Long story short, there was a lot of luring and knocking out and a target helping me by coming over to check on one of the NPCs I KO’d accidentally in the middle of the investment floor (even though I don’t know how the target of all people was the one that saw). That time I managed to save SA but those bodies would come back to haunt me (I couldn’t hide them because the cabinet was full); after being rudely reminded that electronic key hackers don’t work on the CEO exit, I became very disoriented and took a few wrong turns and opened a few doors and revealed the bodies to one of the optional targets in the main mission (I forget which one he is).

Overall, bit of a mixed bag. On the one hand, I didn’t expect to do so well (especially after forgetting to plan for actual hits). On the other, words cannot describe how disappointed I was to ruin it for myself in a matter of seconds after spending almost a half hour improvising a SA out of thin air… :man_shrugging: Ah well… It’s good to be back at any rate!

4 Likes

I now realize that Crewdy had already set an extended deadline, so it will be ending this Friday. Neat.

@/ZeroGravitas is currently our points leader, and yet to be dethroned. Get your contract-making hands ready, ZG.

3 Likes

according to @Krikkit2021, i would be good for something called “The Header” I’m new to this thread what is it and how can i become one?
@Krikkit2021 said this in a message to me:
You seem like someone who would enjoy a little game some of us play on the thread in the header. If I’m correct, take a minute to read the rules at the top and then you might be able to join for the current one or sit tight and the next one should start in a day or two.

2 Likes

:joy: I might have misspoke! (I’m not well versed on all the email/instant message jargon) I just meant that you seem like someone who’d be interested in the little game we play here. The most recent competition was “The Bankers” but I believe that’s either ending or has ended; there should be another one starting soon (btw, congrats @ZeroGravitas!) if you wanted to brush up on the rules at the top of the thread and join in.

2 Likes

ok will do, who makes them usually for Xbox players? And is it always 1 person who makes the ET overall eg @Crewdy and his ET The bankers?

If the winner of the previous contract was on Xbox, they would generally do it by default. If it’s to remake one on another platform, we usually rotate so nobody has to sit out too often. There may even a thing we started doing with JSON (which I also don’t understand :sweat_smile:) so no one has to miss out at all.

1 Like