Playstation Connectivity Issues

The online features do have some value in the sense that our activity on the map contributes to a thermal map that tells IOI how we utilize the maps.

This allows them to come up with interesting design strategies for elusive targets and future map designs.

The rest of this online/chained content design though has gotten progressively messier.

Believe it or not HITMAN 3 launched together with about 125 SKU’s representing each individual mission, escalation pack, item set… It was really challenging to expect this to all work smoothly.

I can understand if others want a refund now. But for me I’ll give them a couple of days. I have my reasons… I mean I basically got GOTY H2016 now for free on PS4 as a result of this.

I don’t believe this is acceptable. I just KNOW that IOI will fix it. I had problems before when getting Legacy Pack on H2 also on PS4 and that one got solved.

And that was just for me. What more this when it involves so many of us?

I sincerely hope you are right, but sometimes it works out the other way. I’d ask myself how long you are willing for this issue to persist, because it seems like it might be a long time. We are within rights to assume the worst.

1 Like

I’ve been lurking for the last two days and now I’ve decided to make an account to vent a little bit myself.

Needless to say, I’m extremely disappointed. I’ve bought every Hitman game and DLC so far and I’d rather hold on to Hitman 3 than ask for a refund, but my patience is wearing thin. I guess I’ll give them until Wednesday to fix it, because then it would have been an entire week since release. If it’s still not resolved, well, I’ll get a refund and maybe pick up the game again during Black Friday sales (but there’s no way in hell I’ll get their 007 game if they don’t promise in advance that it won’t have DRM).

Frustrating situation. Now, I wonder if the people at IOI are actually at work today. It is the weekend after all. For all we know they just shrugged off the issue and went home Friday noon like everybody else. I hope I’ll be proven wrong on this, but I have a feeling the issues will not get fixed before Monday.

4 Likes

He’s a PR person though and doesn’t even need to come into the office; he could do all of that from his home.

Do we know that any of the actual programmers are in the office? Like I said, I doubt this issue will get fixed before Monday and I hope to be proven wrong.

No they will not. A majority in the Tech Support thread are PS users who cannot connect for days.

That is your assumption and I have to remind you that you always are expected to follow the forum guidelines. And I don’t think you are very successful at this. So if you want to remind IO of the issue, you have to do that in a better way.

If it really doesn’t work, IOI will do something more drastic… including allowing Playstation players unrestricted progress saving…

(In fact, even temporarily allowing us to do so would be a nice “Enjoy this while you wait” Solution.)

I understand some of these issues may be linked to IOI accounts changing because previously they did not have their own authentication. They were dependent on the platform and console accounts for that. So the way it sounds like, if IOI rollback something on the IOI account side maybe the problem will stop.

There is no rational way that IOI ends this episode with: “We flush the entire PS4 and PS5 markets down the toilet before the release of 007.”

That’s a lot of money to lose.

So as you can see, my faith isn’t entirely based on sentiment.

He’s also our contact with the people who are assigned to solve this problem and who speaks on their behalf.

1 Like

This is ridiculously long it’s been two days since I last played online and some people can’t even play the game yet since the release why aren’t we getting any info or an apology

5 Likes

@Travis_IOI has confirmed that IOI are on the case and will resolve this.

2 Likes

just got the game and experiencing the same issue. this is bullshit and i’m very frustrated. h2 works just fine at the same time

2 Likes

Well there are a lot of people that are playing or trying to play Hitman 3 since it’s a new game plus weekend so the servers are overloaded. Hitman 2 runs fine since it’s on a different server and less people play that.

i guess people working at ioi weren’t smart enough to figure that out beforehand

2 Likes

I think it is pretty clear at this point that the issue goes deeper than the server.

4 Likes

This isn’t a regular “servers are too full” error. I can log in on my wife’s account just fine. Hell, you can even see it authenticate with the server before it fails. It’s an issue with the profiles nnot being fetched from the server once you connect, tied to the progression transfer system.

I get you want to defend Io, but throwing out completely incorrect guesses at the issues isn’t the way to go about it.

2 Likes

Me? Defend IO? ho ho ho, you’re new here :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, it was just a guess, no need to get feisty :slight_smile:

That aside, I haven’t seen a single tweet from IO since yesterday. Are they SERIOUSLY not working through the launch weekend with this many people completely unable to play the game?

3 Likes

Great, so upon reaching the 2nd mission, i started exploring straight away and wearing as many different disguises as possible to fill up my challenges, then halfway through, everythin resets.
Now im stuck at 7/11 disguises, and 12/22 locations which I cannot seem to overwrite anymore to at least try and start over.
On top of it all, cant finish the mission as i lose connection to the server RIGHT as i exit the mission.
Broken is an understatement.
GET RID OF THIS STUPID ONLINE COMPONENT IN A SINGLE PLAYER GAME PLEASE! It makes no sense and is infuruating.
This is exatly why i had dropped hitman 2 at launch !!

Yes, a lot of people can people on different accounts and profiles which means the server itself is not the main problem

1 Like

Alright, I guess I should be more constructive and helpful; maybe it’ll help narrow the problem down a bit:

I already got my carryover done on Wednesday (everything is there plus access to all the old content, except for several Mission Stories and the Sniper Assassin Trophies; not sure about Requiem suit) and even played the game all the way to the end. The last time I could log in was Thursday morning (European timezone, I believe one hour ahead of IOI’s timezone). Throughout my playtime I got logged out only once, but could immediately log back in again. Also, the game crashed at one point, but I could get back into it rather quickly.

Since Thursday afternoon I couldn’t log in anymore. So whatever is preventing me from connecting to the servers is something that they screwed up around Thursday noon.

BTW, I have tried to delete my profile data (after uploading it into the cloud, just to be safe), but it didn’t make any difference. So that’s not a fix. No idea why it apparently worked for some people.

4 Likes