Playstation Connectivity Issues

I think they can only do the debrief when it’s truly over for everyone and not just some of us.

1 Like

Good point

1 Like

I’ve updated the Known Issues thread to acknowledge this. We already know what’s causing it and working on a fix.

13 Likes

Does that include people who are still unable to connect following the last Server Maintenance? :slight_smile:

OK… read the update … That sounds like great news! Looking forward to it!

Ya hear that @REPUBLICAN1992 and @TheChicken ? … They’re working on it. So don’t eat all the food at the Burj Al-Khalifa before I arrive. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Travis_IOI
Hi I still haven’t been able to get online even once. Please help. I’ve tried everything.

Error: Disconnected: Failed to fetch online resources.
Platform: Playstation 4
PSN ID: insider3500
Region: india
IOI Account: insider3500

1 Like

Thank you. I hope it will be fixed on a few hours, since you now know what’s causing it. Can’t wait to finally play the game after a week

Here’s hoping we can all get online tonight!

My error massage has been changed from “fetching online resources” to “fetching configuration”
Weird :thinking:

Edit: I hit retry and now it’s back to “fetching online resources”
Great

What worked for me on ps5 is connecting to my mobile hotspot. This way I was able to download online resources. Then I switched back to my wifi. Restarted the game and logged in instantly. This has been working for me 10 hours even after restarting the console and coming back hours later.

Notes: Never logged in once since launch but logged in once after server maintance. Then this morning I tried for hours and no luck. Then I read on twitter about mobile hotspot so yeah it worked.

1 Like

I hate that they didn’t fix the issue dispute saying it’s been fixed, I cannot connect online for ps4 and the fact that there’s no help is bullshit

They fixed one of the issues. They’re working on the other one.

From Travis on the Known Issues thread earlier today:

PlayStation players are encountering a ‘failed to fetch online resources’ error.
Status : We’ve identified what’s causing this and working on a fix.

1 Like

Still unable to connect. PS4. I haven’t had a single connection since launch

2 Likes

IOI said they are “working on a fix” not that the fix was already rolled out.

They did one that eliminated a lot of the problems as you will notice quite a number of posters above expressed rejoice and are no longer coming back here.

They’re working on fetching resources now, fetching configuration should be the next one lol :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I believe the reality is that the profiles, particularly for “whole trilogy owners” is quite complex, with trilogy progress carryover added on top of it.

As I discovered yesterday, even in a situation where they could have offered “all-in-one” like for Nintendo Switch, they did insist on separating H3 Standard, H3 Deluxe, H1 GOTY, H2 Standard, H2 Expansion - resulting in a total spend of over 100 USD to get all the content.

If there is to be a HITMAN 4 they probably need to find a way to fold these down to avoid profile complexity where say HITMAN 4 Deluxe includes “ALL Access Passes” and they do some fuzzy math to get H4 Deluxe into the 80 - 90 USD bracket.

The main issue here really is how much and for how long HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 should be charging full value or close to full value even in the form of Access Passes.

1 Like

The problem started at the beginning of trilogy I guess. The publisher changed from square enix to WB, the ownership issues , and now they’re going solo. But I do think it’s going to be better since IO’s gained full control of development and publishment.

1 Like

I just tried again while at home on my lunch break from work. Unfortunately, I am still experiencing the same problem.

It’s been a week since launch. I know they’re working on a fix and I am trying to be patient but I’m really thinking about returning the game for a refund, which I don’t really want to, but $79 AUD for something that doesn’t work as intended is… frustrating. Apologies for my venting.

2 Likes

Well it is your money so if you really feel the need to get a refund this is your decision. It is not to scare or discourage you.

At the end of the day, it’s just a video game.

My own decision is to wait since they have communicated herein that they are addressing the issue. My position would be different if IOI had a reputation of not solving problems like this one. But my own experience has been positive so far so I feel I can wait.

My experience and disposition has no bearing on what you should do in your position.

2 Likes

It’s working for me, I’m playing the game online from two days now. I can’t understand why this issue is still so persistent for other Ps4 players.

I’m sorry for you mates, I can feel the frustration you get from this situation, it was the same for me until few days ago. I wish this will be definetly fixed at soon for everyone, H3 is a great game and deserve to be enjoyed, especially by real fans like us.

You’re right, it is just a video game, but it is a video game I have really been looking forward to and can’t play properly for a week now.

I will give it two more days, I think. If I still can’t connect by Friday, I’m returning it for a refund.

I really hope to play soon.

2 Likes