Playstation Connectivity Issues

Good luck, Soupienza. I hope you are able to connect and enjoy the game.

Thank you for this information, I really appreciate it. I might see if I can try and reach out to @Travis_IOI privately (I’m new to this forum so still learning how it all works) and maybe they can help me out. I really hope my case isn’t… specific, but it’s happened before on other Internet services (like X-Box Game Pass for PC) due to our Internet provider.

Oh that would indeed be a 1% of the 1% scenario. Hope that is not what happened to you.

Me too. :frowning:

Off-topic, but when I had (or still have) issues with X-Box Game Pass for PC, their solution was essentially “Sorry, we can’t help you” but I did eventually find a um… third party fix, so to speak, on Reddit.

I hope that this isn’t the case with Hitman 3. I’ll keep trying periodically today, but if I still can’t get through, I’ll reach out to @Travis_IOI. If I’m still not connected within 10 total days (so Saturday 30 January 2021) - I’m returning the game for a full refund. I can’t wait any longer than that, or else I miss the refund window, and I really want to play this game to its full capability, as I did with Hitman 1 and Hitman 2.

2 Likes

Well to be specific, what happened to me was I couldn’t claim Legacy Pack on HITMAN 2 PS4 and IOI asked for some details, the PS4 profile ID, and so on… and one day they just said: “OK… try it now.”

And bam… Legacy Pack claimed successfully. And it was back when HITMAN THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON was free on PSN too. So you know, IOI were not stingy about helping out.

Here’s something that might be encouraging for you. If you get past “Authenticating…”… and then you see “Connecting…”… That probably means your ISP is letting the traffic through.

Probably.

Also pay attention to the exact wording of the error. I think the one being fixed now is “Failed to Fetch Online Resources” (which indicates you reach the IOI servers but something fails at the file system level and then you get disconnected). If you are getting a different error it might not be the same thing even if the consequence (getting disconnected) is the same.

That’s good to hear, thank you for sharing. I’m glad they were able to effectively help you out.

I have managed to import my Hitman 1 Legacy Pack, as well as my Hitman 2 levels, so that’s good, but unfortunately as I cannot connect online, I cannot import any of my previously unlocked gear (like my Mark II lock pick) and/or my challenges, which is quite disappointing. I love finishing a mission and seeing how well I did, and what kind of challenge(s) I managed to achieve in the level.

I’ll try and get a photo or the exact wording of the error message. I’ll check it out shortly.

So I tried to connect again. It took about one minute (I filmed it) to try and connect, and unfortunately the ‘Connecting’ message did not change at all, it just said ‘Connecting’ the whole time. When the error message popped up, here’s what it said:

“CONNECTION FAILED. Unable to connect to the HITMAN service. Failed to fetch online resources from the HITMAN server. For more information, contact HITMAN support.”

3 Likes

OK. Well My suggestion is that any of us that still cannot connect raise this tomorrow (so that IOI can clear out the other cases first). This also will assure that IOI can address these remaining cases properly as if we barrage them right now, when the fix has just rolled out, it can confuse them.

What it looks like is the fix corrected the issue for a large number of users and we have to let them filter out so that IOI can focus on those of us that remain.

There’s many things that can mess up. For perspective the entire Profile, Access Pass, and HITMAN 3 setup concerns more than 125 SKU’s. So, for example if you have a certain item (or combination of items) that a large number of people did not among those SKU’s maybe that is causing your problem.

But we have to be a bit orderly with how we go about this. Best of luck to you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Patience has never been a virtue of mine, but you’re right, all I can really do is wait for them to clear up current issues, and then try and raise it in the near future, like tomorrow or the next day. I guess I can try and periodically check the server to see if I can get online every now and then today, as well.

I suppose for now, all is not lost, as I can at least play offline with Hitman 1 and/or Hitman 2 levels. I don’t want to start any of the Hitman 3 campaign until I can go online.

A quick question, if you don’t mind…

Now that my levels from Hitman 1 and 2 are in my Hitman 3 game, and because I’ve at least initiated the data transfer on my IOI account, can I go ahead and uninstall the PS4 versions of Hitman 1 and 2 from my PS5? They take up a lot of space. Or should I just wait until things have cooled down, I can go online etc.

I would recommended deleting the saved data on your console since it might contain some older data that was causing the issue that IO have since fixed.

Next time you connect, it will download fresh (and hopefully fixed) data and hopefully a connection is made. :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I tried that, but unfortunately it didn’t work. Here’s what I have tried so far:

• Changed my IOI account password (not sure why I should have done this, someone suggested to do it so I thought sure, why not),
  • Deleting my Hitman 3 local files,
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as well as re-downloading patch updates,
  • Attempting to connect via my default Ethernet cable Internet connection,
  • Attempting to connect via Wi-Fi (so slow),
  • I started my PS5 in safe mode, and I selected the ‘Rebuild Database’ option but unfortunately, that too did not yield any positive results.

Same here, failed to fetch resource

Hi there, are you able to connect after the server maintainence?

I am going to be on break from work in 2 hours… that is when I will try.

In my case, the maps and access passes resolved without problems even though HITMAN 1 and 2 were long uninstalled from our PS4.

1 Like

No worries, that sounds great. I’ll hold onto 'em for a bit, but I’m sure I can safely uninstall Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 from our PS5.

1 Like

Welp… still can’t connect. I guess it will take additional rounds of investigation on the part of IOI.

On Twitter though it looks like IOI are now taking follow ups for people who still can’t connect. So for @Travis_IOI:

Error: Disconnected: Failed to fetch online resources.
Platform: Playstation 4
PSN ID: niniendowarrior
Region: Hong Kong
IOI Account: niniendowarrior

Same here, seems that ‘failed fetching profile’ and ‘failed fetching resources’ are different issues.

1 Like

Yeah what was funny in my case was that it announced “CONNECTED!” for like 1/10th of a second. hahaha.

lol, haven’t seen ‘connected’ stats at all. Hitman servers only offer me two choices, connecting and failed

@Clemens_IOI is on Twitter asking people to submit PSN/Xbox/PC(Epic) ID’s that are still not connecting.