Playstation Connectivity Issues

3rd day now without access. Beyond a f$%#ing joke. Scammed for 3 days.

1 Like

This is beyond annoying. I’ve tried to connect the servers since release day. Used different VPNs and ISPs, even my cellphone’s hotspot and still unable to connect to the damn servers.

1 Like

So, it still won’t connecting by now? This game was released almost 3 days ago and we can’t still play online as intended? I 'm sick and tired of this stupid situation.
Sure, I can still play online, but it feels like playing a demo.

Not gonna lying, i’ m feeling like I’ve wasted my money by pre-ordering this game. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Whatever it is, I don’t think it’s a server issue, but more of a weird profile issue (at least for me).

On boot up, after the title screen is goes into “Connecting Mode”, then brings up the Privacy Policy which I assume means it connected to the servers, but upon confirming that, it tries to “Fetch” my profile, probably looking for email/account matches on the IOI site, but can’t find it.
Earlier, I tried getting in, but by then the servers were really down because the Privacy Policy wouldn’t even show up! So strange!

1 Like

What did u do to fix it?

I haven’t. I’m just saying if you get past the privacy policy page, I don’t think it’s a “can’t connect to servers” problem, it’s a “where the hell is this account’s data” problem.

No idea how or why the profile can’t match, or can’t create a new one, etc. It’s plain weird and I hope this is an easy fix for IO.

1 Like

Do you reckon it might have something to do with password resets? I am tempted to boot up H2 to test this

You can get the privacy thing to shut up if after you do the acknowledgment you go to offline mode and let it auto save. It will stop asking you after that (at least it did for me).

But I do agree there is something either in our profile or the servers ability to see our profile, because I made an alt on my PS4 and played H3 with game share and I was able to play perfectly fine but with no progress carried over. So there must be something set to false that should be true or vice versa. I cant imagine this is a hard fix, they just arent talking about it.

I still cant play on my main account that I want to play on. But at least I was able to play the main story without being spoiled. Now I just have to wait for them to fix what is ever wrong with us.

2 Likes

Oh. Maybe. It’s been a while since I last signed in (or maybe everyone had to input a new password), but before getting all signed in for the transfer it did make me change my account password.

I was lucky and manadge to finsh the story. But when i tried to play one of the deluxe escalations my game crashed and sent me back to the ps4 menu. After booting up the game again i couldn’t connect to online mode because of the “fail to fetch profile data” :frowning:

I’ve changed the password of my ioi account, because I forgot the old one, few days ago, slightly before H3 was released. Do you think this could be related to the connection issue?
It’s still weird though, because I can still log on H2 without issues still now.

Maybe. Maybe not. I don’t know the specifics. Only IOI can.
It’s possible, I guess?

That might have something to do with it. I also had to reset my IOI Account password on browser before I could do the progression transfer. Once I changed the password I did the carryover thing and that worked, I then went to the HITMAN 3 store page and selected the HITMAN GOTY and HITMAN 2 GOLD access passes I was still missing and it was listed as free for me. I then tried to play the game and have the profile issue, so if other people also changed their password there could be something there.

1 Like

@n0rric I did the same as you, I even downloaded the passes for free after the game was installed. But it still weird that I can log to H2 without any trouble after the password resetting, while not on H3.

1 Like

same here. I am thinking there has to be something that was skipped or entered wrong in their automated system when we did the carry over progession to H3. I think that is so far one of the things we all have in common. But the odd thing to me is I know people who did the carryover progress thing too and are able to connect fine, so I don’t know whats wrong with us.

Most I can think is that the entire thing is automated and Process 1 finished and process 3 finished before process 2 finished and it caused some kind of glitch.

But that is my best guess as a non programmer nor computer guy.

1 Like

I see your point. I just hope ioi will fix this issue in the next hours. I don’t want to blame they for this situation, but I’m also very frustrated at this point. I begin to regretting of my pre order, sadly.

2 Likes

It’ll probably take a couple of days realistically, so give it some time. I too am frustrated and preordered, but we should direct our frustration in a more constructive manner by collectively alerting IOI to these issues just so that it (hopefully) doesn’t happen again in their future games. We were luckily able to see them close out the trilogy so let’s just wait just a little while longer. It’s only temporary. No worries.

2 Likes

I think it’s just a matter of luck and to perodically keep trying. I’ve had to restart my console a few times today and then when I tried to reconnect, it was having an issue fetching the configuration file. I was trying every 30 minutes or so each time and eventually got in.

Will be leaving the console on over night so I won’t have to deal with it in the morning.

2 Likes

Another PS4 user that cannot connect. Will try this workaround.

Nope, didnt help :frowning:

Ok, I’m beyond frustrated now. I’ve carry over my progress on their page and have finished status. I did that before launching Hitman 3. Now it is impossible to connect to the severs, always getting Connection failed while trying to fetch profile. When I start the game on different profile with no hitman history it connects just fine.

What the fuck. Nobody ever asked IO to make single player games like hitman being always online and it blew up in our faces in the worst possible moment. I bought the game day 1 and haven’t been able to play since! THIRD day of having the game and I can’t play on my profile. Its pointless to play offline and not gather any progress, as we know challenges are achieved only online.

1 Like