POLL: Will you transfer your progress in Hitman 3?

I dont want to transfer because I feel that doing challenges again gives me incentive go back and play previous missions. If I could, I’d keep the suits but that’s about it.

4 Likes

I’m transferring bc of things that may not be unlock-able in the new one that I really like such as the ICA Chrome with the shiny suppressor (closest to hitman 2 silver baller).

The gold coin unlockable in the Bankok mission, by the 2 rocks in the basin? Hellish.

1 Like

All unlocks need to be transferred for me, the hours of grinding to unlock the items the second time round was only just slightly enjoyable, a third would be a chore.

I love the idea of having everything under one ‘Umbrella’ and being usable in H3, it makes unlocking them all that more worth while.

4 Likes

I do transfer my progress for Hitman 3. Well, redoing the mastery levels and all the challenges for H2 with the legacy pack wasn’t too much for me (I didn’t achieve any SA/SO challenge in H2016 when H2 was released). But after finishing 100% H2016 and H2 (and the time taken to do so - more than a year), I won’t get the courage to do all over again… Family and work take time. I want to keep Hitman as a good hobby, not as a grinding game.

6 Likes

All of the coin 🪙 challenged from 2016 were miserable except the first one in Paris. I thought they got easier in H2 though.

So then, who’s currently sitting awaiting Hitman 3 with everything unlocked in Hitman 2?

2 Likes

Me, JaM_47, at least everything gameplay relevant^^.

1 Like

Not interesting and have no sense to play the game then

I don’t get what you mean by this comment?

1 Like

I mean that I wait a game to have ability to play it, to achieve challenges and to unlock stuff.
I don’t want a game where already everything is achieved and unlocked

Maybe I’ve confused you slightly, apologies.

I was referring to currently having everything unlocked in Hitman 2 to be transferred across.

1 Like

what’s your point? no one will get such a game

also, do you not see the difference between what you quoted and the original message?

1 Like

No

This makes more sense to me

1 Like

the last one means that you have everything unlocked(in the last game since the new one isn’t there yet) and are waiting for the new game.
the first one means that you (will) have everything unlocked in the new game. but Jam47 already cleared the confusion, i think

I don’t have everything but nearly all the unlocks. There are a few things I decided weren’t worth the hassle (the magic powder you get from the shaman comes to mind), but I’m certainly ready for H3. I really liked how Hokkaido restricted our loadout bc with all the toys we have, it is easier. I don’t know if any levels in H3 will do that, but I might play once through with fibre wire and a lockpick. I saw someone else say they were gonna do the same and I loved the idea.

3 Likes

I’ve spent the last few days playing around with the Bonus Missions/Special Assignments/Seasonal Content and it’s insane how easy it is to smash out these missions with all the gear we have now (and I’m not even talking about the electrocution phone).

With the S1 bonus missions, I hadn’t touched these since I’d grinded through them in November/December 2018 for the challenges - and my new best times are well lower than what they were for a SA/SO run. It’s definitely something I’ll make sure to revisit in H3 with the newer gear too - since I usually just play contracts or the main missions and I forget about these side ones. I completely forgot we even had a Special Assignment in Mumbai. :laughing:

Well H2 special assignments were not nearly as good as H1 bonus missions. Landslide and AHBOS are still both in my top 10 hitman levels ever, and Icon was enjoyable, even if not as well done as the other two. I really hope H3 has a couple proper map reuses like we had in 2016.

3 Likes

I’ve been investing some time into finishing the challenges within Hitman 2016, I was a bit toxic but okay with it being not able to be transfered to Hitman 2018. I did almost all of the important challenges within that game and if the transfer isn’t going well and I have to play all these challenges again, after investing so much time, hell I’m gonna play the new missions only for the stories and then throw it into the corner and don’t touch it anymore.

I’m still surprised that they didn’t had the availability of save transfer within the first one, but then again, that was during the time they split ways with Square Enix, so probably understandable. But now I wouldn’t understand it anymore, which is why I hope so much that they don’t fuck this up.

Btw, at least here in Germany the box version will still be distributed by Square Enix despite them going both their own ways.

It’s the same for all the discs worldwide (except for the Limited Run Games variant). SE still have a small financial interest in IO, so it was in their best interest to help IO distribute the game physically.