POLL: Will you transfer your progress in Hitman 3?

Both sides have been pretty tight lipped about the specifics, but it sounds a whole lot like SE retains the rights to Hitman and there is some sort of exclusive rights to make the games that IO has. That would mean SE gets a % of every game sold and there is no way or accurately guessing what that % is. It could be 5 and it could be 40. Who knows :joy:

I used the word small because that’s what the NoClip documentary said. So I guess IO would’ve used that word during interviews too.

All North American disc copies do not distribute by SE, not only LRG copies.

Although I probably will, I am kind of tempted not to. I like climbing the mastery tracks and deluding myself that the old levels are somehow mysterious and fresh because I only have the default starting location and items. Not transferring would also give me good incentive to revisit a lot of aspects in maps which I haven’t done in over 2 years (like the barge sniping in Paris) which could be fun. With all that said, I have so much stuff in Hitman 2 which I wouldn’t even realise was gone until I wanted it and then would think “damn I wish I transferred” so that’s probs what I’ll do.

1 Like

I’m also REALLY tempted to not transfer anything. It’s so satisfactory to get the challenges done.

2 Likes

Me too. I like the idea of a fresh start

As much as I enjoyed the challanges to unlock items, I feel like I just don’t have the free time to not transfer my progress. Like I love every mission in the game, but do I really want to get mastery 20 on every map again?

2 Likes

Yeah if they make us do that again, I’ll just play H3 once and get rid of it or keep H2 if I ever want to go back properly.

Thing is i started with Hitman 2, so maybe unlock everything again once is ok, twice would be terrible. But since it would be my first time… It’s tempting.

I will never say never, but right now I consider myself done with Hitman 1 and 2 with 100% completion, so with Hitman 3 I want to have a fresh start, have to take the final decision if ET’s will be re-activated in Hitman 1-2.

Edit.

But will Hitman 3 have all locations form Hitman 1-2 in it, without download anything? If yes, then I just have to transfer my progression and unlocks.

2 Likes

I did 100% of it all in the 2016 game (except the ets, obviously). Wanted to do it in h2 as well but stopped at around midpoint for most maps. After finishing h3 and having fun with all the maps I’ll be coming back to the old maps to fully complete them as well. That’s why I will be transferring all the progress.

2 Likes

There’s plenty of things in H16 and H2 I’m happy never doing again :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: so I’ll transfer over progress

Plus after my initial playthrough of H3 I want to be able to jump straight into fun runs with different equipment, not have to worry about re-earning that equipment

11 Likes

Now this is a funny topic for me. When I had to redo the challenges in H2 I was so put off the gameplay loop that I completed H2’s story and just stopped playing believing that I would just have to do it again in H3. Now here we are and they have actually given us an option.

The irony being I don’t have much unlocked in H2 and haven’t played it in a few years. So I genuinely don’t know if I want to transfer what little I have or just start over again for the fun of playing the maps again.

2 Likes

I hope IOI can let us selectively transfer things, however I highly doubt this will be the case. I wouldn’t mind keeping suits but it would be fun to go through the mastery tracks again.

3 Likes

This is a really good case for you, I 100% both games, even the ETs and Sniper Challenges. I almost feel bad for not doing them again, because I felt that redoing Season 1 with new gadgets felt great.

Tho a few unlocks I never, ever want to touch again.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m seriously thinking of restarting because it will be fun for sure. But I know which unlocks I would rather not touch again as well lol.

The irony of this situation has not escaped me. I put so many hours into Hitman 2016 but the simple fact that I had to replay those challenges in Hitman 2 and the thought I would repeat it again drove me away from the game. Now Hitman 3 offers the solution to the problem I had and I am thinking of not taking it because I never made much progress lmao :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I speak for myself and no one else.

I am a WHORE.

If there are trophies tied to HITMAN 1 & 2, I will be going through the whole thing again.

Otherwise, gimme what I already unlocked.

4 Likes

On this topic actually. Has ioi confirmed or not if the items transfering means we will be getting those “wonderful” pink sticker version 2 guns again.

I sometimes think maybe I shouldn’t carry over the progress. Then I remember I have the signature suit w/ gloves and the Blood Money suit as well as the nightmarish memories of trying to complete Colorado on Master with SASO rating.

Yeah, definitely transferring.

3 Likes

I had to do the unlocks when I went to xbox after my ps4 died the true death. I still miss the suits that were only unlocked by killing elusive targets