Preload Times For HITMAN 3

Well firstly. HITMAN 3 is Available for Preload on Xbox Consoles.

PlayStation Available on the 18th, thanks @thrison

Epic Games Available on Release? Thanks @Count.Rushmore

edit: the Deluxe Pack is updating as well. Interesting…

9 Likes

PlayStation pre-load starts on the 18th.

I’m hoping that I will be able to redeem the PS5 Upgrade prior to launch to preload it, since I pre-ordered it before the PS5 versions were listed because the PS5 release date hadn’t been announced at that point.

4 Likes

This is why I like Xbox and how they handle their Smart Delivery. It just updates the app to meet the standards of the Series X/S. It’s seem-less and doesn’t involve downloading the game again. Cough cough Cold War.

3 Likes

It’s not a huge deal for me since my PS5 maxes out my gigabit internet connection, but I can see why Smart Delivery is better for those with much slower connections than what I have.

Worst case scenario is I play Dubai in the PS4 build while the PS5 one downloads.

2 Likes

Best of luck to you. We got our shiny new toys for HITMAN… atleast I did.

1 Like

2 days… Might just be able to make that :sweat_smile: cheers for the info :green_heart:

1 Like

What was the initial download filesize, since I’m guessing this update of 61GB is in addition to the original download?

Before preload around 100 MB, the Approximate Size is 61.8 Gigabytes after download according to the Xbox Store. If @Travis_IOI can provide insight on Legacy Levels and if we have to download them it would be really beneficial to us and to know when we can do that as well.

1 Like

Did this happen today? I preorder yesterday and it installed two very small mb files.

1 Like

On Xbox it did so yes.

Xbox one or series x? I don’t have series x so just wondering. Thanks

1 Like

I’m presuming both, since they essentially use the same store front.

1 Like

Just contacted Epic support and they said that the game will be available on the release day, 20th of January.
So seems no preload for PC users, but even though the hope still there

9 Likes

Well here at Eastern Asia, we still don’t have H3 pre-order available on PS system. Guess there’s no preload for me, and I have to pick one up from a local store.

1 Like

In addition, Microsoft Rewards have a punch card for 6000 points (may vary in your country) if you purchase Hitman 3 on the Xbox Store between January 9th and February 23rd. One of the reasons I hold off in preordering until the week of to take advantage of these rewards (though now preordered).

Does it mean there can be leaks from Xbox users?

no

1 Like

they’re aiming to get the Asia preorders up by this week i believe. stay tuned

2 Likes

Pretty shoddy from Epic. Ah well.

Asked Epic for clarification and here’s literal translation (wrote them in Russian):

The game will be available from 20th of January, so the download of the game will be available from 20th of January as well

But still, I hope they just didn’t get any info/permission from IOI about preload.
If there will be no preload indeed, it will be a bummer

3 Likes