Progress carry over after January 26

After January 26 when Hitman WoA comes out can I still carry over progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman WoA or do I have to do it before then and carry over to Hitman 3

1 Like

Can’t say for certain, but there’s been no word, and no indication from IOI, that the carryover option will cease to exist after the update from H3 to WoA. That’s the kind of really important thing they’d likely have mentioned in their announcement. If you want to and you can, go ahead and do the carryover as soon as possible. But, if that’s after the 26th, I find it unlikely that you’ll be prevented from doing it.

6 Likes

Was wondering the same question, especially when i have to install a new OS only to play this game :sweat_smile:

Let’s hope that transfer progress between H2 & H3 will remain available in the same way even after the january upgrade :+1:

I didn’t see any news regarding lifting carryover.
Thus I have the full right to assume that nothing will be changed regarding this subject

3 Likes

They’ve been very good at updating people on their social media of the deadline to import Stadia progress, so I’m sure they’d also let everyone know if they would remove the Progress Carryover. …I hope.

I think the website will still be active for Hitman 2 people, there just won’t be a notification about it on your first WOA start-up

1 Like

The only thing changing is the name. It’s still fundamentally Hitman 3, so the carry over progress should work exactly like before.

4 Likes

no idea, the news didn’t mention this.
If you’re planning to buy I think it would be better to buy H3 now with 60$. As IOI didn’t say those who already bought H1 or 2 would have a discount when buying WoA, you may have to pay 70$ after 26th

After successfully transferring my progress from H2 to H3, i can confirm it still works as intended.

However that’s too bad that some weapons and items from the previous game are not carrying over.

Also, regarding the “location transfer”, this upgrade made the process obsolete, as it is not possible anymore to reclaim the DLCs and content you previously owned anymore, and that you have to repurchase it again after this date :frowning:

As to myself, it seems that i have all the location content transferred except the “HITMAN 2 Gold Expansion Pass”, despite having those in HITMAN 2. So it means that i might have to repurchase some content that i already own because of that location transfer shutdown:

I hope a solution will be found for all those players who already own this content so they don’t have to purchase it a second time.

UPDATE: No solutions. You have to repurchase the content you already own. Too bad, really.

1 Like

What ones in particular? It should only be ones linked to DLC that don’t carryover and require the relevant DLC to be owned within H3/WoA to have them again.

I don’t remember the exact list but it seems that a few set of weapons and gadgets are missing from the profile transfer.

I know that there is stuff like the electric phone that are not transferred on purpose, and others that are now tied to challenges and that i have might unlocked or not already.

It’s not a big deal, especially when we see the great amount of new weapons in this sequel.

What is more worrying is the fact that some players won’t be able to unlock some maps they previously owned, while it worked greatly previously, the game using your profile to automatically unlock the content.

The WoA upgrade after in the end of january changed all of this and it just adds a layer of confusion for potential purchasers, even if now it was made simplier to choose which version of the game to buy.

1 Like

Making people rebuy stuff they already own is not a great look

2 Likes