Progress Carryover

Has anyone been able to carry their progress over from H2 to H3 yet? In the last post from IOI, they said you would be able to do it from the website before launch. Well we’re about 24 hours away. Am I missing something?

I bet the website isn’t still live yet.
Try later. Maybe tomorrow morning

4 Likes

As I can see in 1 review you access inside the game, I think same as before, the game stop and goes to IOI , then you put your mail and password and start the process, the bad thing is I don’t know how long it will take, I’m afraid I start to play late.

Don’t trust any outside reviews when IOI officially described the carryover process:

The carryover process requires an IOI Account and can only be done through a web browser, it’s not possible to do it in-game. We will have the website ready to go before launch, but it is not live yet. Once it is ready, we will share the news via ioi.dk and update this post.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide

4 Likes

Yes but , it’s not mean you don’t have to access by the game, anyway as I said you can see the option in the main menu of the review

1 Like

Only about 22 hours left before the game launches…I am becoming extremely concerned that the progress carryover is not live yet and we can’t even redeem Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 content for Hitman 3 yet either for PlayStation and Xbox(which shouldn’t have any issues like Epic where players have to wait some time for carryover problems to be solved). This feels really bad.

3 Likes

So, I’ve got a question related to this. On my IOI account, it has my Xbox account listed as Unknown. Will that impact my ability to bring my progression stuff over to H3 or do you lot think it’s a non-issue??

1 Like

You use the same Xbox account to login your console and play HITMAN 2, right? As long as your HITMAN 2 is registered with the IOI account you use, I don’t see it will become an issue.

1 Like

Yeah man, H2 is registered under that same IOI account (And I’m not filthy rich, so I do only have one Xbox lol). And based off that, I’m fairly certain it’s gonna be ok, buuuuut I’ve learned the hard way that assumptions are the mother of all mess-ups. Hence why I’m asking people more knowledgeable than myself.

1 Like

It’s not live yet, at least not on Xbox. Just a guess, but I’d imagine they’ll go live closer to ‘official’ launch time.

Don’t think it will be long before the site is up.

2 Likes

I hope so because just a few hours are missing.

2 Likes

I know, I’m eagerly waiting for it haha

1 Like

Yes, me too. 20 characters

I’m not going to transfer as soon as the site is up incase it crashes midway through the process.

3 Likes

Me too, want to start playing as soon as the game is available.

1 Like

If it’s any comfort knowing, mine is the same on Xbox too. I suspect something is broken on their side. I don’t recall properly, but when they first setup the IOI accounts there wasn’t an option to sign-in via Xbox. I think the only option was to use an email address and I’m assuming you also created an account it in the beginning too. It looks like they’ve got the option of signing in via multiple gaming platform accounts now. So for people who joined more recently it probably makes use of that platform link.

My only encouragement is that my IOI account correctly lists all my purchased Hitman content for Xbox and I can see in the Hitman 2 game under Account on Setting that it is registered with the same email address as the website. So I’m hoping that is enough to ensure progress carry-over.

4 Likes

Sucks that it’s not life yet. I have the game but they say the carry over resets 3s progress…

Take a chill pill.

IOI will post the progress transfer instructions as they have stated by the game’s launch.

Access your IOI account when the game is “live” through a web browser and follow the posted instructions.

Do your progression transfer BEFORE booting up Hitman III, because if you transfer your progress later, you will lose all your Hitman III progress, says IOI.

1 Like

“Take a chill pill” Is that an unlock like enimatic pills? What mastery level do I have to reach to unlock the chill pill? Will there be a mark ii chill pill? Just curious

2 Likes