Project 007 News

It’s not totally theirs… EON has a stake in it. A pretty big one too. I don’t know exactly how it works but I know that without EON MGM can’t move and without MGM EON can’t move either. Films need thumbs up from Barbara Broccoli :broccoli: and the boss at MGM :lion:

1 Like

I assume the contract with IO is not affected by this. Just a matter of which bank account gets their share. :thinking:

3 Likes

I would be interested to learn if MGM has only 50% of the movie rights or if they have 50% of all of it. If they don’t have a stake in the games then it helps explain why the game isn’t following a movie (why bring them in and pay royalties you don’t have to), but if they do have a stake in it then I would be interested to see if the new bosses try to put their fingers in the already started project.

1 Like

New information have surfaced regarding IO’s 007 project, it’s not all that surprising. However these confirmations helps paint a picture of what we can expect.

• Strong Stealth Action Oriented Game
  • Third Person Game
  • Adventure Elements
  • Maps, enemies and challenges that adapt to player actions
10 Likes

This is the article you wanted to link to, I think.

It’s one of those pages that go from one article to the next when you scroll down too much :grin:

Seems like the source is the job postings. Interesting bit from the Senior Gameplay Producer one:

10 Likes

Where the hell did I get the other link from? anyway yes that’s the article.

1 Like

When you’re at the end of an article, it switches to another (related) one and changes the link accordingly. It’s weird, but I guess it helps to generate traffic or something like that.

2 Likes

Great to hear! Finally a Bond game that might actually feel like a spy game :+1:

1 Like

I have some 007 blood stone vibes. But I can’t find this game on PC anywhere now without pirating it :neutral_face:

I already imagine how good the opening credits sequence will be on Project 007, IOI are strong in motion design, love their work on Hitman before each missions.

5 Likes

I need to catch up on the 007 games. Only ever played Nightfire cause there´s so few of them on PC (and those are pretty much all the inferior ones, though Blood Stone has always looked like the more decent of those).

Yeah, they´re all unavailable due to licensing I guess (which makes me wonder how long will Project 007 be digitally available before it´s gone :roll_eyes:). As is the case with nearly all movie-based games… Steam keys for Blood Stone apparently don´t exist, so unless you really really want to dig for a physical copy somewhere (I just bumped into a Malaysian shop which apparently has 98 of them available for a super low price lol :joy: ), I probably wouldn´t hesitate to turn to alternative sources… :neutral_face:

Edit: Console copies are pretty easy to get a hold of, but PC ones…

1 Like

Activision lost the rights to Bond with that being said check EBay since the game isn’t highly sought after. Pirating is a moral grey area in the sense that it’s technically abandonware. Abandonware is not always legal, but can be legal once the copyright expires so take that as you may.

The theme like all bond themes will need to incorporate a few measures from the original bond theme of it in order for it to be a bond theme. Hopefully IO is up for the test.

For people who don’t know what I mean watch this.

https://youtu.be/tiesXqT1P3g

4 Likes
20 Likes

Of course, these things should always be taken with a pinch of salt, but talk of wanting to make a high quality, authentic game which is “not about making a quick buck” certainly seems encouraging.

It sounds like they want a game which is in-keeping with the stylish production quality of the Bond films. Their decade-long absence from the gaming industry is a testament to this aversion to just churning out any old rubbish. Only IOI’s bespoke pitch has succeeded in coaxing them out of gaming retirement.

“It all comes down to identifying the right development partner. IO is the authority in stealth and agent-oriented games, so they truly were a dream come true in terms of studios to partner with on James Bond,” Suser said. “They have a deep, deep passion for the IP, and they’re extraordinarily talented. It’s a match made in heaven, IO Interactive and James Bond, and we’re working on something we think is going to be very special for fans.”

This is my favourite part. Describing IOI as the “authority in stealth” really conveys a strong sense of trust in their methods and design philosophy. Also, I like the implication that Project 007 falls into this genre of a ‘stealth/agent game’, as opposed to a more general term like a “shooter” or “3rd person action/adventure”.

:crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

That is exciting news but now more than ever, I’m expecting a lot of mechanics to carry over from Hitman. I wouldn’t even be surprised if the game has 1 sandbox level where 007 must eliminate a target and there are multiple ways to do it. << this wouldn’t even make me upset, as long as the game is good overall.

9 Likes

this update on 007 is interesting. i hope IOI spends as much as time as they need on 007 and does not feel obligated by MGM to work crunch time.

it was said somewhere that this will be on the new Glacier engine, so wonder what that’ll be like — updated, more realistic graphics maybe?

7 Likes

That’s not to say MGM is holding out for the most acclaimed AAA studios to be available. The company is interested in partnering with developers of all sizes, and it’s open to more innovative ideas on how to adapt its IP, rather than the more obvious adaptations seen in decades past.

Thank you, just thant you MGM.

Because if they had waited for a big AAA publisher in the current gaming industry to make proper stealth/action spy based game, they would have had to wait until maybe a decade or a century. Most of them only know how to make endless open worlds and fornite-like co-op/multiplayer games.

3 Likes

I’m ready for elusive assignments. Special 00 Assignments that you have one chance to do them and if you fail them you fail them forever. It would be a great idea that’s never been done before :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

3 Likes

IO is starting a new video series with the dev team, Craft Talks:

According to this first one, Andreas Philip Krogh is the (or a?) Lead Game Designer of the Bond game:
https://dk.linkedin.com/in/andreas-krogh-79398b7

10 Likes

All we’ve found so far is that they added satellites and spy networks to the engine.

3 Likes