PS4 server issues: Will you get a refund?

How long are you going to give it until getting a refund? I feel scammed if they haven’t fixed this.

5 Likes

No refunds.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

2 Likes

Why not? Game doesn’t work. Legally they did not provide what was promised. We were scammed

5 Likes

You weren’t scammed at all. A scammer would do nothing to fix it, they’re trying to.

2 Likes

File a class action lawsuit, then. This is just a server outage. Though there is something to be said about too much reliance on server side unlocks for a single player game. That should be reconsidered for all future titles.

15 Likes

They clearly chucked PS4 users under the bus for the launch “oh don’t worry these guys are expendable customers”

1 Like

Nonsense. We’ve had it far better than PC players.

5 Likes

Everyone has been having issues, not just PlayStation players.

Try being an adult and just wait for things to get sorted.

8 Likes

The always online aspect is doing my head in tbh, it is an incredibly frustrating set up for a single player game to get home and turn it on and …nope . Its offline. The always online game has gone… offline! and is now unplayable.

14 Likes

Thrison, why be so insulting? Is someone not entitled to be aggrieved that a game they spent hard earned money on at full launch price doesnt work as advertised? We will certainly be granted a refund if we choose to request it. This really winds me up with the games industry. Gamers allow themselves to be mistreated by bad business practices. If you spent 55 pounds on a meal would you be happy if you had to pay for it in advance and wait for hours in the restaurant in the hope of it arriving. If you spent 55 pounds for a supermarket delivery would you accept it if your items never arrived with no further communication from the company? Gamers excuse all sorts of nonsense from online DRM, mictrotransactions, day one DLC, buggy releases, unfinished releases. The list goes on. My advice is refund now and pay for it when its fixed

4 Likes

Food and groceries are necessities, video games are not. Sure, you paid for a functioning game, and you’ll get it, but a delay isn’t that much of a big deal.

1 Like

Oh come on dont play that one. The supermarket example was just one of many possible examples, ‘necessary’ or otherwise

All I see is unjustifiable impatience.

1 Like

We paid a premium to pay the game at launch. For all we know the game will be discounted by the time it is fixed. These arent just minor bugs. We literally cannot play the game as intended and as advertised. Under the consumer rights act we are entitled to a refund.

1 Like

Well mate unlike you I have a job, family, responsibilities etc. So when I get free time and spend money to enjoy myself I expect whatever I spend my money on to work.
I am not unjustified in how I feel and if they don’t fix it we are entitled to a refund (my shop has a 14 day return policy anyway).

2 Likes

@Hayamoto clearly doesn’t understand consumer law. Legally we are entitled to a refund for this reason alone as the fix is not within a reasonable time.

1 Like

Paid a premium? You paid for the pre-order bonuses. The price isn’t going to drop a few days later.
Unlike me? I’m a company director.
Consumer laws depend on your country.

1 Like

@ExSpecOps

If you want a refund, get a refund. Simple.

Well I’m glad to live in a country that doesn’t allow its consumers to get ripped off. Maybe you don’t and the company you are a director of makes money doing that with your mindset.
I run my own business too. A successful one of which it wouldnt be without knowing the value of time.

2 Likes

Bad service is bad for any company, and IOI are well aware of that. As I’ve already said, they’re working on it. IOI are a company of humans, not robots.

1 Like