Quality of life suggestions and accessibility options

There are many mission stories that don’t unlock their challenges unless you do every step via the guide. This has been true since at least Sapienza with the hazmat suit guide.

2 Likes

In that case, even if you could activate it while not displaying the guide, that wouldn’t change much. You won’t be able to follow the exact step because you can’t see it. Unless I’m mistaken and every step is displayed in the menu.

That’s more about the problem with the challenge requirement than how the mission story system works overall.

1 Like

Turning them off doesn’t mean you want some challenges to never unlock. There’s no way you’re going to figure out some of the specific order to do things in without the stories on. So you’re left in a weird middleground where you have to turn them on to clear certain challenges, which is lame.

Like I said though, it’s been that way since Hitman 1, so it’s not a new issue. I turn the stories on to do the ones I didn’t get naturally, and then turn them off again, and it is what it is.

3 Likes

QoL change for Silent Assassin Tracker:
Add yellow color to indicate situations when you can retrieve SA.

Long time requested

11 Likes

I thought we were talking about this:

But anyway, you can report it as a bug or bow to it.

1 Like

I guess it’s all semantics but if disabling the HUD assistance makes them impossible to unlock the challenge for, or in Hitman 3 even prevents story aspects from happening, then I’d say it disables them in general.

2 Likes

Allow players to toggle between crouching and standing while climbing a pipe or ladder. So the player can determine what position they go into when they get off it. I don’t like climbing up a ladder and standing straight up after getting off.

Also it would be good to add a crouch/stand indicator to the HUD. This would be useful when sniping or when climbing objects (if they add the toggle I mentioned earlier). The Sniper Elite games have this.

4 Likes

Well, that makes sense.

But like I mentioned, most scripted events, which the guide is for, can still happen without the guide. So I disagree that it disables everything.

It skips some characters’ voices when you disable them, but you could see it from multiple angles. For example, Grey tells you the password only when the guide is turned on. If you see the mission story as only a visual guide, it doesn’t make sense. But it does make sense if you see it as an overall guide. Because no one gives you the free password, you need to find it yourself or find an alternative way to reach the server room.

Speaking of which, I just thought of a suggestion; add a Mission Story option: Story Only(disables the visual guide but still gives you instructions by the actual characters).

About the challenges, as I said, it’s more about the challenge requirement. Sometimes, it’s the opposite; the challenge gets unlocked even the mission story in the menu isn’t completed.

2 Likes

Ye that’d be perfect. That’s what I’m after. For me it’s more about immersion than a guide. In this game some of the Mission Stories just happen to be really cool ways to complete the mission much more so than the other past games but the characters talking us through it are also part of the story so I like to have that in there. But I also like minimal HUD too so I’m stuck in limbo :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I doubt very much that this would even be possible because the cutscenes are like fully cgi produced but I’d love the cutscenes from Hitman 2 to be done properly from the still styles that they were into the movie style in the 1st and 3rd games and for the 47 model to be updated to the improved H3 one.

Huh, that’s weird, every time I climb anything 47 always defaults to crouching and that annoys me :smile: I think doing any actions shouldn’t change our standing/crouching state, whatever state I’m in before I climb on a pipe I want to be in the same when I get off the pipe

2 Likes

Destinations should be a World Map ribbon that has a scrolling length much shorter than the current and as a World Map it can be spun 360 degrees so you can keep going in either direction to find a Location.

Clicking a Location will pop up a window to see what missions are available.

When you enter Destinations menu you get a brief 3 second animation of the World Map rendering out as the Title/Main Menu track from HITMAN 2016 starts playing and serves as the background music for Destinations menu.

1 Like

That sounds kinda cool but doesn’t sound more accessible than what we currently have. I like having all my locations in neat chronological order

2 Likes

You will wish they did it World Map ribbon style when we get to HITMAN 20. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also this helps differentiate it from the Story Campaigns menu where it is proper to see the Missions in chronological order. :slight_smile:

Yeah a change up would be nice, maybe when selecting destinations, its goes to a menu with hitman, hitman 2, hitman 3 then pressing one of those goes to each games locations, it’s a tad annoying going from the last hitman 3 map all the way back to Paris.

You know you can do that now right?

If the locations were spread out a bit more I think it maybe might work, but it wouldn’t improve be a quality of life improvement

For reference here’s what the maps would look like atm

If it’s free scroll then good luck picking between Morocco and Dartmoor :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah you can on the campaigns menu but it pops the cutscences in there so the selection becomes more like 13/14 things to scroll through plus special and bonus missions are in there own section, I like how the locations are set out just wish I could choose like hitman 2 then see only that games locations in the same style as it is now.

1 Like

Touché. They actually have a much cleaner set up in Contract Creation Mode where there are three tabs for each game and it’s super quick to find the map you want. Not sure why it isn’t implemented in the main menu tho

2 Likes

Yes true the contracts creation menu is how the the locations should kinda work where tapping RT/R2 scrolls location by game, yeah it is strange that they had that idea in one menu but not the other haha.

1 Like

Yes, this also drives me nuts, everytime I climb something forces 47 into a crouch why just why haha.

3 Likes