Quality of life suggestions and accessibility options

Of course you’d have to use a World map at proper scale and not use a location widget the size of a basketball. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also you can have it such that the zoom is really a moving POV… so you press Left or Right and you are really jumping location to location and you use just your general awareness of what part of the world it is, kind of like rotating a globe, you don’t have to see the entire world at once onscreen.

Does anyone know if the lack of “shot to the leg, quick head punch” was intentional? Would it be possible to restore this?
With an smg or pistol you used to be able to spray multiple npcs in the legs, then quickly knock them both out before getting up. Now the subdue prompt doesn’t show up until they get up, and fall a second time. Maybe it was cheesy, but it felt awesome for small skirmish firefights.

Also if “playtesters kept switching the camera accidentally” is the reason why the feature was removed, could it be reintroduced through a menu toggle? Like “free switch: On/Off”

2 Likes

IO please. Add in the exit music even if you don’t do the optional objectives in Chongqing and Sgail.

1 Like

This is probably not on everyone’s mind, but can we please just select another destination or campaign immediately after completing a mission instead of selecting “Back To Main Menu”? It would eliminate that extra step.

Also can grenades have a toggle-lock on function? I hate that it auto locks on when trying to throw grenades at people’s feet

6 Likes

100% agree on grenades locking to heads, it does not make sense.

4 Likes

I’ve always believed that Hokkaido should unlock all of your loadout spots at mastery level 10 instead of 20. Especially now with the removal of SASO challenges on each difficulty and reducing the overall max challenge XP. By the time a new player reaches level 20 on Hokkaido, there’s not much need for the extra loadout spots–other than Contracts Mode–since you’re completed the vast majority of challenges.

1 Like

I’ve wanted a button to disable the lock-on for thrown items in general for a good while; in a number of situations I just want to throw a hammer for a distraction or a car battery but I have to fight the interface.

1 Like

I’ve seen calls for that to be implemented since the Hitman 2 days so it’s unlikely it’ll happen :frowning:

I just want my shoulder swapping back! It doesn’t make sense that it was changed in response to casuals which affected their new maps. There’s no point in taking it away if it was present in 2/3 of the trilogy already. Just let us toggle it in the menus! For a game that’s about player choice, this decision seems counter intuitive.

7 Likes

changed in response to casuals which affected their new maps

I heard they changed the mechanic due to valve-tier playtesters, but is there a source claiming it affected level design itself? :angry:
It felt like 3’s maps were more open or easier, but I had a hard time pinpointing why besides my hours in the other two games…

Someone from IOI stated it but even he is not 100% sure:

3’s maps are definitely WAY easier to SASO in, probably by design.

1 Like

That’s fine. A toggle wouldn’t interfere with that. There are situations where I wouldn’t want to get off a pipe or ladder in the position I got on it. There may be danger at the other end and it would be better to keep a low profile behind cover.

I was replaying “The Last Resort” when I realized that the ending cutscene–which is the true ending to Hitman 2–is not playable from the campaign menu. I think the devs should add it to the story menu like they did with the “Hidden Hand” cutscene from “Freedom Fighters” in Colorado.

3 Likes

ioi
Write ammo capacity of a gun on the Loadout menu
Its just frkin basic thing cmon.
And where is bolt action animation???

3 Likes

I noticed that when you change your load out for the legacy bonus missions now it also changes the saved load out for main missions. For example changing the load out for ‘Landslide’ also changes ‘World of Tomorrow’. Hitman 2 didn’t have this problem. It’s too much hassle to be switching loadouts back and forth. To the point of not wanting to play those bonus missions anymore.

Hitman 3 is missing the important ‘save loadout’ option that Hitman 2 had. This is a pretty big quality of life issue IO. It’s hard enough to remember all those loadouts.

4 Likes

Same with New York and the Patient Zero/Bitter Pill ending cutscenes.

1 Like

It’s also weird how not all small items can be put in hidden stashes and the walking cane can be taken with you into levels without a briefcase but other big items can’t.

1 Like

It does feel somewhat arbitrary. It has always bugged me (since 2016) that the Concealable Baton can’t be smuggled through a hidden stash despite it being small enough to fit in 47’s pockets as a starting item.

1 Like

tbh I don’t see the point because during H2’s Expansion Pass the lines between a briefing video and a cutscene got so terribly blurred - that all of the “briefings” in H3 have cutscene content before and after the actual briefing, so they can never add all the cutscenes as tiles on the campaign menu anyway.

Something that would be good though is if you use the “Play next mission” tile (if you’re doing a campaign run) then it triggers the briefing to automatically play like it does when you’re playing the missions for the first time, because of the briefings having cutscene content so you can re-experience the full story and don’t have to remember to play the briefing for story.

@thrison Yes, briefing videos also double as intro cutscenes for each level now, but those can be played immediately from the mission menu so it’s not the problem I’m referring to.

The ending cutscene for “The Last Resort” can only be seen if you finish the mission or keep a save right before completing it. However, this scene should be more accessible because it’s important. This cutscene shows us that The Constant escaped, and that he’s siphoning The Partners’ fortune. The scene also underscores Grey & 47’s resolve to keep moving. It’s important enough in the overall storyline that this cutscene should be accessible from the campaign menu.

There is even a precedent for this. The “Hidden Hand” cutscene near the end of “Freedom Fighters” is when Diana & 47 first learn of Providence. However, it wasn’t until later that the devs patched in that cutscene to be playable from the campaign menu due to its importance.

2 Likes