Question regarding Access Passes (RE: WoA and H3 Starter Pack)

Hi,

I have Hitman 1 on Epic Game Store and Hitman 2 Gold on Steam. I would like to use the Hitman 3 Starter Pack on Epic Game Store to play both H1 and H2 content. Is this still possible given that the location import has gone offline? https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019016477--PC-Access-Pass-Guide-Location-Importing

Is there a way for me to get the Access Pass for H2 Gold transferred to my EGS account?

I see here that there’s no option but to rebuy.

@Clemens_IOI can you confirm?

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately the Carryover is no longer available as the new store setup changed that completely.

3 Likes

I see. I think some folks were caught unawares of this change. It’s very, very disappointing to hear that a fully working solution for existing owners had been taken down.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I was afraid something like that would happen after the announcement of the WoA evolution. I wish i would be wrong, but sadly it happened anyway :confused:

Now plenty of people are confused as the DLCs they already own have to be repurchased with the changes that happened in january :grimacing:

Also, that’s strange that we’re unable to get the “HITMAN 2 Gold Access Pass” on Steam, but instead having a “Standard Edition” and the rest through the “Deluxe Pack”, no matter what we own, while it was available on EPIC and other platforms :thinking:

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/hitman-3--access-pass-hitman-2-gold-01

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-cf/p/hitman-3-access-pass-hitman-2-gold/9mz5rlf82gn6

Also, two more DLCs for HITMAN 2?

Why not just release a “Gold Extension” like other platforms?

That whole DLC system was the most confusing i’ve ever encountered nonetheless :sweat_smile:

I hope that a solution will be found to re-enable the location importing in a form or another for those who already own all of this stuff :+1:

2 Likes

@Clemens_IOI Regarding DLC access passes in HITMAN 3:

As you mentioned in the zendesk article, you are shutting down the location importing this january: https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019016477--PC-Access-Pass-Guide-Location-Importing

Even if i understand the reasons for this, it just added a new layer of complications for some players regarding content transfer.

As to myself, it seems that i have all the location content transferred except the “HITMAN 2 Gold Expansion Pass”, despite having those in HITMAN 2. So it means that i might have to repurchase some content that i already own because of that location transfer shutdown:

Even after buying the deluxe content, i’m missing the access to some levels because of that new location transfer.

Steam players who already own the content are pissed off for good reasons and the reviews are catastrophic regarding the issue: HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion on Steam

I highly recommend you guys to make some tweaks about this so people who already own this content don’t have to purchase it a second time.

Also, it seems that the HITMAN 3 Deluxe pack doesn’t include the whole game content, meaning the rest is split up into different packages. I recommend selling the whole as one package in the future, as a gold extension, instead of this.

For more insight:

Please guys do something about this, especially for those who supported you by purchasing the previous games and content.

Thanks for caring and sharing my feedbacks with the team.

Regards.

1 Like

Because this topic has been bugging me for literal months and no one answered to the latest reply I have made an account here.
I have been trying so hard to get into the HITMAN-Franchise. It is upsetting how much research I had to make, even though they apparently already had a system which could’ve just fixed my and many others problems instantly.

• I own Hitman 1 GOTY on Epic
  • I own Hitman 2 Gold Edition on Steam
  • I own Hitman 3 on Epic (The Hitman 2 Expansion Pass shows up over there)
  • I own Hitman 3 on Steam. (Which might’ve been the wrong move but eh, I’m still eligible for a refund.)

The sole reason why I bought Hitman 3 recently on Steam is because I really dislike Epic Games. Especially their launcher is just bad.

Before I bought Hitman 3 on Steam I opened the DLC view for Hitman 3 over at Epic’s. Epic said that I do have the Hitman 2 Expansion. So, just assumed (which - again - might’ve been the wrong move) that some Cloud Account System would have all my Accounts linked and that I could just buy Hitman 3 over at Steam and have the exact same content. I was being extremely generous by doing that.
The imgur link below shows that I do own the Hitman 2 Expansion / Hitman 2 Gold Edition for Hitman 3 on Epic, but not on Steam for some bizarre reason.
https://imgur.com/a/hlg4gl4

I’ve written with both Steam and IOI support. Steam wasn’t really able to help, as they don’t manage the carryover stuff. That’s okay.
Note: I am talking about the Map Locations, not progress carryover. There is (almost) no progress to begin with.
Now the IOI support has copy pasted the same guide to me at least three times, which didn’t really answer anything.I know that they’re just passing on what they’ve been told, but I am throwing so much money out, man. It was a long back and forth, so I will just summarize what they told me. Their answer was to either re-buy what I own or download Hitman 2 (99GB, what the hell, but okay, Lol) and play the locations over there.

To be fair, I haven’t launched Hitman 3 on Steam yet. Could that be the reason why it won’t show up in the DLC view? Is there some kind of log in button in-game or anything like that?
I just noticed: The IOI linked accounts page won’t show that I own Hitman 2 and 3 on Steam. Which makes me further believe that there might be something I have to do in-game first.

I, once again, apologize for having horrendous formatting, it’s still my first time over here. I really hope someone might be more helpful than the support I have gotten so far, which was extremely unsatisfying.

Could you do this and let us know if you have access to your locations? For reference I am using the Hitman 3 Demo after importing my HM1+2 locations (I own both on Steam) but I have not bought HM3. I have access to all my locations except for HM3 locations and the seasonal stuff like Hokkaido Snow Festival (which I paid for in HM2 but they deny it to me in HM3).

And that is the correct answer. Buy the Access Pass and get the content in WoA, or don’t buy it and don’t get the content in WoA.

Make your choice.

I mean, that’s what you get for consolidating your games between the two platforms.

Long Answer,

You did what majority did on PC at launch and got it on Epic. Progress Transfer is a point of no return if you go through with it and is irreversible once done. After you transfer progress you can’t transfer onto another platform.

You played Hitman 3 and double dipped when it was available on Steam. Due to Licenses it was only possible to transfer your Steam Licenses of these HITMAN games over to Epic which again is irreversible when doing so.

Your only solution if you want everything now is in this IOI Blog Post explaining how to have the most complete experience when HITMAN 3 transferred into WOA.

1 Like

Note: I am talking about the Map Locations, not progress carryover. There is (almost) no progress to begin with.

Sorry, but I didn’t say that I played Hitman 3 and neither did I double-dip (what does that even mean)?

Okay, so I have now downloaded both Hitman 2 and 3 (My poor hard drive), started both games for at least 2 minutes so that I could enter the main menu, refreshed the IOI linking thing in the settings and both games now show up on IOI’s linked accounts page! Neat! Still missing the Hitman 2 Expansion Access Pass for Hitman 3 on Steam though.

1 Like

What a confusing situation! So, as I understand it, you bought Hitman 2 Gold on Steam and then did the location import to Epic to redeem the Hitman Expansion Pass there. Then, bought Hitman WoA on Steam and the Steam Expansion Pass doesn’t appear? I didn’t know that the expansion pass location import was a one time transfer! Hmm.

1 Like

You understood it correctly! It is really upsetting to hear that they have shut down the system that could fix this with ease…

1 Like

Again your answer is in here.

If you don’t wanna read then it’s simply this.

HITMAN – World of Assassination Deluxe Pack (approx. $30 USD or local equivalent)
Includes: H3 Deluxe Pack, H3 Seven Deadly Sins Collection and H2 Expansion Access Pass.

Because you transferred your Hitman 2 Gold Edition to Epic through that process that IOI gave its irreversible and you don’t get to keep the license for both platforms. It’s on Epic and will remain on Epic. If you want the expansion on Steam you need to purchase the appropriate thing on Steam.

Everything is working as intended and no content is missing, given you Location Transferred from Steam to Epic in the past.

Additionally, if you don’t want the deluxe. The Expansion Pass is available for $10

1 Like

I honestly don’t think that the tool will help because the location import was designed to transfer H2 from Steam to Epic. It does seem like, as mentioned, you don’t get to keep the H2 expansion access passes on Steam and Epic once the transfer is made. It is what it is.

Out of curiosity, what does Steam say about the Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 Expansion DLC on your account? Is it owned? If I recall, once you get Hitman 3, the access passes should just auto-redeem (sans all the location import doohickey).

I still have my HM2 expansion passes (I owned the Gold edition) accessible in HM3 demo which I imported successfully. I don’t know why they took down the import feature.

Still no luck. Seems like I gotta buy the Access Pass crap.

1 Like