Season of Greed | Roadmap

Then you can get the electrocution phone and the Sieker (which I think is slightly overpowered). Where the game just gets too easy which happens quite abit with sandbox games.

I would like to see new items with different purposes but I thnk the creativity well is running quite dry on this gameplay formula

Edit: Revolvers would be nice but they would still be re-skins namely.

Seriously, please, fix the Red Tie Kiwi so it doesnā€™t breaks on impact, please. Iā€™m crying if it keeps breaking everytime.

12 Likes

i pray for you homie

I donā€™t mind this roadmap. Yes, it is unfortunate that some content was released last week, but I think the game update forced an early launch.

Would I love more content, of course. However, if you look at Swangā€™s Roadmap Museum, a significant number of them showed one piece of content a week, especially after launch. And this roadmap does not deviate from that formula. Will we got to a point like Hitman 2 with multiple content drops in mid-2019? Hopefully, but one can only speculate.

The biggest issue is that the drip feed do not satisfy the appetite of the Hitman community. However, I appreciate the fact that IOI continues to support the game, especially a single-player game.

5 Likes

Keep in mind with Hitman 2 we got two fantastic locations.

At least with the Hawkeā€™s Bay ET coming back MAYBE that car exit can be added to the main level.

2 Likes

My expectations were pretty low, season of greed and all, but Iā€™m still disappointed tbh.

The content isnt bad, not at all. Thereā€™s just not enough of it for the month. I really hope this isnt going to be the standard for the future, the game only launched a few months ago :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Thereā€™s a featured contracts unlockable Hobby Knife (outclasses Concealable Knife as you can openly carry it)

Actually the kiwi is fantastic because itā€™s actually very unique in functionality:

When thrown, it actually makes two individual sounds. The ā€œsquishingā€ sound , and the impact sound. The game treats them as entirely separate, so itā€™s a audio distraction that can attract two different NPCs at the same time.

In addition to that, if you place it on the ground and step on it, it will also make a sound, effectively being a repeatable audio distraction as well.

Can also be very useful on speedruns because it makes a sound immediately after being dropped from the inventory as well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Iā€™m usually pretty positive, but one elusive target and one escalation are pretty slim content for all of April. Hopefully itā€™s a build up to a better season next time.

6 Likes

I stand corrected then. He does say that the content is inspired by the theme. I think that may be a bit of a stretch but weā€™ll see when we see the actual content.

1 Like

Well, till the end of the year it will be a standard.
January is a one year anniversary, and Iā€™m afraid the scrapping of live content.
Though I really hope no

Also it bypasses VIP behaviour.

1 Like

Well we know they will be Seasons of Greed not roadmaps until roughly the end of the year. But itā€™s not a signal of quality or content (not saying either will improve just we canā€™t infer that from the name of the roadmaps)

(This isnā€™t replying to count. I just didnā€™t feel like double posting)

Honestly an idea I heard and got myself interested in (and then needlessly letdown) was that The Greed Enumeration might change and evolve over the whole month so starts off small and becomes something epic. But nope, it just is what it is :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I hope, I hope.
But still, this new way of content announcement does not make me feel any good (greed, grief, whatever).
And those less often updatesā€¦ I donā€™t know.
If this means more game improvements, more time for testing them, then okay.
But if those updates wonā€™t change in any way then I canā€™t say itā€™s an improvement.
The game still is not perfect technical-wise and making updates less frequent is not a good signal.
But again, if those updates will bring more, then itā€™s good

Shame. Idea is kind of interesting

1 Like

Unlock idea: The Blueballer

8-CabotGuns_0197-1024x768

25 Likes

I actually enjoy the contracts that push the boundaries of whatā€™s possible in the game. Itā€™s pretty fun figuring out the different puzzles involved to solve these contracts. Might I interest you in ā€œThe Jeremy Blackout Privilege MK IIIā€?

The Violin is actually extremely useful in getting out of bounds with the ā€œbriefcase + breaching chargeā€ trick. Most use muffins, but that only seems to work ~50% of the time for me. With the way the violin breaks into larger pieces with collision, itā€™s much more reliable and consistent for me. But thatā€™s literally the only use Iā€™ve gotten out of the Violin unlock.

I think all of us are currently out of luck on the Claw Hammer. I think itā€™s still missing in the inventory in Hitman 3 for everyone, even for those of us who ported everything over from Hitman 2.

1 Like

After everyoneā€™s opinions since 7ds I donā€™t think anyone at IOI reads any hmf post, tweet reply, reddit comment or discord message at this point, so letā€™s just hope that tomorrow ā€˜The Collectorā€™ turns into The Blackhat and we can have the much cooler Oliviroadmap :turtle:
As for the contracts, Berlin is getting one featured contract while every other mission gets 6/7, which is really disappointing. Why have they got no love for Berlin! :frowning:
so I just read the featured contracts proposal, as well as Travisā€™ reply so please ignore ā€˜ā€˜Afterā€¦ā€™ā€™ to ā€˜ā€™ā€¦pointā€™ā€™. I would delete it but it got quoted

Just gotta have a look on the roadmā€¦ season rather.

Well, very few things. With three things we already knew (Greed escalation, The collector and the Berlin Egg Hunt) that take a great part of this seasonā€™s content. A little bit disappointed :slightly_frowning_face:. To be honest, I would expect a little more because of the additional week for the season format compared to the monthly roadmap

However, looking back to previous roadmaps from H2. For the first five months, we mostly get one (sometimes two) escalation contracts, one or two ET, featured contracts, one challenges pack and thatā€™s mostly all (with additional few unlocks).
Instead of challenge pack, we get (paid :no_mouth:) content like the deluxe or sins escalationsā€¦

In conclusion, the expected content looks like what we got for the first H2 roadmaps. I wonā€™t say Iā€™m disappointed of the post-launch content. I will conclude when the H3 cycle will be finished. Letā€™s just hope that paid contents are very good and the amount content will increase over the future seasons. Time will tell.

3 Likes

At this point if i were an IO employee and i read these things, iā€™d probably cry myself to sleep after gorging on ice cream.

2 Likes

The problem is the contract you referenced is designed that way. There is no indication that any of the Sponsored Contracts were designed with 5-star SA rating in mind. And seeing Easy Alliesā€™s stream of there contracts raises doubt in my mind.

As I stated in the Featured Contract thread,

Challenging contracts from the community will always have mixed reactions, but care was always taken in their creation. You canā€™t please everyone, but some form of quality control/quality assurance with the contract greatly helps.

1 Like