Season of Pride | Roadmap

Just to see what it was like back in the early days of Hitman 2, I’m checking out the old roadmaps from it, and with the first 4 roadmaps, we mostly got the same amount of content as now, except back then, there was a new challenge pack and unlockable per content drop.

– December 2018: 2 new Escalations, Santa Suit (Holiday Hoarders event), 5 Featured Contracts, New ET.

– January 2019: 2 new Escalations, Fishing Line (Challenge Pack), 10 Featured Contracts, New ET.

– February 2019: Shaman Powder (Challenge Pack), 5 Featured Contracts, 1 New ET, 1 Legacy ET.

– March 2019: Sniper Assassin DLC1 (Hantu Port), 1 new Escalation, Feather Duster (Challenge Pack), 5 Featured Contracts, 1 New ET, 1 Legacy ET.

For now, content-wise, it’s mostly the same, but it’s a lot more split up between Premium/Paid content and Free Content.

– February 2021: 4 new Escalations (4 new items, 2 suits – 2 DX DLC), 10 Featured Contracts, 1 Legacy ET

– March 2021: 3 new Escalations (2 new items, 2 suits – Berlin Seasonal Event + 1 DX DLC), 10 Featured Contracts, 1 Legacy ET

– April-May: 2 new Escalations/1 old (1 7DS DLC), 6 Featured Contracts, 1 New ET, 1 Legacy ET.

– May-June: 3 new Escalations (1 7DS DLC), ? Featured Contracts, 1 New ET, 1 Legacy ET.

One could argue that we’re getting less, since IO doesn’t do challenge packs anymore. It’s okay to be annoyed about that, yeah.
Personally, I’m glad they’re gone. Never really enjoyed Challenge packs. Always had to find contracts that have 5 specific kill conditions for a challenge and it becomes inconsequential busywork, all for… what? A fluffy melee weapon? A KO grenade that isn’t an accident? If they do bring them back, I’d hope it’s items that don’t feel like filler tools that I’ll probably never use.

7 Likes