šŸ—£ Sessions with Lafayette - Serious Issues Thread

Wish you all the best, man!

8 Likes

Oh no, get well soon! That sucks. I hope you donā€™t have serious symptoms

6 Likes

Hope you both stay strong @SilentWraith and @JJoa74, let us know how things progress with your illnesses.

6 Likes

Wish you the best, mon

3 Likes

On Friday my dadā€™s doctor said my dad only had 4 days left to live. He had been on a ventilator for a long time and despite beating COVID, his kidneys were failing and he wasnā€™t waking up. Instead he pulled a 180 and woke up. He has no pneumonia in his lungs and his kidneys are now working. Iā€™m significantly less worried about him now.

27 Likes

Thatā€™s great news! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Got some emails this week on shit that is supposed to start Monday, with 0 warning and 0 reason the team leaving this file couldnā€™t wrap it up before they leave. Having been burned before at other places where boundaries were repeatedly disrespected, my hackles are fucking sky high. The fucking audacityā€¦

15 Likes

So I think I finally felt the repercussions of being a HITMAN fan.

Basically long story short a friend of mine asked what I was playing (obviously Iā€™m playing HITMAN). Well I tell her and then I explain that itā€™s basically a puzzle game about killing people in creative ways. I also added that Iā€™m good at it.

Well she replied if that meant that I was gonna kill her. I of course said no itā€™s just a game that Iā€™m good at and like.

Well that promptly followed with me being blocked and now here we are. Truth be told Iā€™m not upset, but damn was that a shitty thing to do.

Figured Iā€™d share this cause Iā€™m just gonna find this funny down the road if anything.

19 Likes

Yeah, if you were playing Mortal Kombat sheā€™d be worried about you trying to do a fatality. Or If it was GTA, sheā€™d be worried about you stealing cars and going on crime sprees. :roll_eyes:

Yeah she can fuck off.

12 Likes

The whole ā€œare you going to kill meā€ thing is silly, but whatever.
But blocking you? Come on, get serious. If you really were going to kill her, why would you even bring up the topic of Hitman? But regardless, itā€™s a pretty stupid decision. Itā€™s a game, for crying out loud. Watching violent movies or reading crime books doesnā€™t turn you into a murderer or a thief, so why do people always think the opposite when it comes to videogames?
Like @Nazareth said, if it wasnā€™t Hitman, it would probably be something elseā€¦ some people just canā€™t distinguish the line between fiction and reality. If you get the chance to talk to her again (I hope so, because this really shouldnā€™t be something that could end friendships), just tell her the facts. Itā€™s a piece of entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. And if she still thinks itā€™s wrong, and she doesnā€™t want to talk to you because of it, just donā€™t bother trying to reason with her.

8 Likes

Reminds me my mom twenty years ago. I think she would have been capable to do something like this at the time :sweat_smile: But cā€™mon, even her understood videogames is just a normal hobby now. Thatā€™s crazy there is still people like this in 2021. As @Batata said, your friend probably never reacted like that if you tell her you watch a Hitman or John Wick movieā€¦

Iā€™ve seen an article about the upcoming MK movie in a french newpaper. To explain what fatality are, they said this is ā€œan act of torture perpetrated on the already KO opponentā€ :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Iā€™d kill her for that. jk, obviously

5 Likes

A reaction that extreme suggests to me that sheā€™s going through something completely separate thatā€™s maybe making her feel insecure or unsafe for whatever reason. This probably isnā€™t about you.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s sucks. I donā€™t know why itā€™s always a problem with video games. There are much more violent movies out there and no one blames them, but when it comes to video games, many people think you are a potential killer.

Maybe you should try to talk to her. Maybe itā€™s like @Bourbon said, that some other things are on her mind recently. Or if not and she stays with her weird thinking, you should ask yourself if itā€™s worth the friendship thanā€¦

1 Like

On a positive update, my dad just did his first 24 hours with no ventilator, instead using high flow oxygen. Itā€™s a promising sign. Most of his vitals have stabilized.

Still sucks to know his lungs will never be the same unfortunately. He used to exercise all the time and was relatively healthy.

19 Likes

Over the last few weeks Iā€™ve been incapable of functioning properly, havenā€™t been able to work properly. But itā€™s been getting much worse the last few days and Iā€™ve planned to kill myself on a few occasions this week.

It got to the point my partner has made me reach out to suicide helplines and I just canā€™t talk to them. I tried and the longest I got was like 5 minutes before I just said I canā€™t do this and cried.

I try to be upbeat here but honestly I am struggling every day.

15 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear that. Do you go to therapy? If yes, canā€™t you talk to your therapist? Maybe they can give you advice.

I know this sounds weird, but is there anything we can do?

4 Likes

I see a therapist every couple of months but Iā€™m in the middle of that couple of months period so I have a long wait time.

Iā€™m going to call the helpline later today, I just need to wait for my partner to wake up and help me get through the hurdles.

4 Likes

I feel you. I havenā€™t seen my therapist for four weeks and the last time I was there I told her that this is waaaay to long and now I see her every week or two weeks maximum :see_no_evil:

That sounds like a good idea! He can sit by your side and help you do the call. And donā€™t be ashamed to cry, they will wait till you can talk again I am sure. You can do it, you are strong :heart:

And I know that you are strong, Iā€™m still impressed with what patience you dealt with that speed run hater! That guy made me so angry haha

2 Likes

Well my country is in a sustained period of lockdown and Iā€™m currently job searching. Iā€™m just out of uni so I feel like my life has stalled and Iā€™m certainly not in a place I want to be rn. But it think itā€™s now getting to the point where my motivation is drying up, both in looking for jobs and hobbies. So Iā€™m just in a kind of lethargic pit where I just want to watch some new TV show or film but Iā€™ve already exhausted all of those earlier in the lockdown. Therefore Iā€™m just profoundly bored, which usually leads towards a period of deep sadness

16 Likes