šŸ—£ Sessions with Lafayette - Serious Issues Thread

This isn’t really an issue post, I just didn’t know exactly where to put it.

But I think this is the best I’ve felt in a long time. I’ve had occasional suspicions in the last couple years that I have undiagnosed depression (I still haven’t talked to anyone about it) and really struggled with motivation in getting things done or being productive, I barely scraped by the last couple years of school, but I just started a med change for my ADHD and I think it’ll work better. And I’ve put my pride aside and finally committed to actually go to fucking therapy for once and talk about it. Things aren’t perfect but it’s a start.

Thanks for listening :sunny:

25 Likes

I am glad you have taken the first step, it might not be the easiest or even the hardest but it was the most necessary one.

10 Likes

I am having a bad day, so I decided to assess my mental health online (partially just because I enjoy quizzes). This was my result.

So, honestly, not too bad? I’ll take enduring over struggling, personally, even though it does feel like the latter a lot of the time. In case anyone else is interested, it’s around 50 questions in length.

12 Likes

My report: Life is challenging and I am managing, but I should consider opportunities for enhancing my mental health.

(Well duh! to that last part)

Onward. Baby steps. One step at a time. Excelsior. I. Can. Do this!

10 Likes

Also, power to you, and thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

For what it’s worth…

10 Likes

yay…

yay


Seriously though, and as someone who had heavy professional help, and current maintenance on it. Including multiple professional screenings.

Don’t take the ones you can find on the internet as actionable indicators.
Real ones, the one you can use to go further are well crafted. Usually they are less about general feelings toward yourself, and more about situations, well-defined, surprisingly mundane, common, and then cross referenced.

And never with just results, always explained, back and forth discussed, and debriefed with a professional.

Best is to identify not you general being, but your true needs. And from that, at least that’s what the structure that helped me did, make an adequate demand program.
It’s then less about finding the great truth that liberate, and more about doing the dumb work on it.


Whatever it is, wherever you are mentally. I hope you will do well, or at least don’t feel too terrible.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Sadly life is full of ups and downs and we gotta work through it. Wishing you luck that you’ll be able to get to a better place where you’re happy soon.

5 Likes

Also I got pretty much what I was expecting. Not good, not bad. Just sorta meh and following wherever the wind blows then working with it.

6 Likes


Honestly not surprised. Been in a pretty shitty mental place for a long time now. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Your MHQ Score is:

148.29

You are succeeding in staying mentally well. Stay on track and re-assess from time to time.

Not to say everthing is just peachy, especially not in January but I don’t want to talk about that now, but I’ve been rolling with the punches and find myself smiling more often then not.

7 Likes

Full potential? Oh, jeez, not that crap again.

6 Likes

Higher than I was expecting

8 Likes

I’m so happy guys!

Seriously though, not at all worrying :3

10 Likes


Just about succeeding is pretty alright, I think. Thanks for sharing the questionnaire :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

I haven’t been doing the best lately. Recently I’ve been dealing with a new episode of depression and the people around me haven’t helped. In the past I’ve always had the support of my friends online when I’m down but after a stupid drama occurred in my friend group they kept pressuring me to pick a side. I decided to not get involved but that just made me lose them. I used to hang out with them multiple times a week but now I barely hear from them anymore or they just outright ignore me and don’t reply. It’s been upsetting me because I just want things to go back to when they were better but they can’t. I think I’ve been struggling to accept that and finally move on.

Besides that I’ve had lots of changes in my life (some good, some bad) from a new job, learning to adjust my schedule, trying to go back to college, and other crap that’s been making it really difficult for me to deal with all this in a short period of time. I have autism which doesn’t really make it any easier. Whenever my routines or things around me change it’s difficult to adjust. But with so much happening at once I just feel constantly overwhelmed and upset.

My family hasn’t been helping me during this either. A few days ago I was feeling depressed so I just laid in bed all day. Then one of my family members decided a great idea would be to yell at me while in that state. I couldn’t handle it and just mentally shut down and burst into tears.

It’s just been feeling much harder to deal with than in the past because I don’t feel like I have my old friends or family to support me. I think feeling lonely has been the main contributor to how I’m doing right now.

Idk I felt like I needed to let this out somewhere. It’s two in the morning and this has been eating me up inside the last few hours.

15 Likes

I am sorry about that friend group. Not picking a side sounds to me like the best move, especially if the dispute was over something silly. We’ve all had those can’t do anything except lay in bed days. Don’t let it happen again tomorrow though. Even if it seems impossible at least put your shoes on and go for a walk outside. If you get the shoes on then the rest is easy. Anyway I hope you’re feeling better soon.

PS: 2 am huh? We got another central time zone guy here!

11 Likes

Luckily I haven’t had this happen again since it occurred a few days ago. Even if I’m not feeling the best I just try to force myself to do something whether it be simple like sitting outside. Also I’m in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, not CMT.

I think I’ll use the time I have to relax and just focus on things I enjoy. I have the next 3 days off of work. So I’m thinking I’ll do some baking to keep my mind focused on something else. Haven’t decided what yet. Thanks @Yacob

6 Likes

If you bake something fun share it, please. Everyone at HMF are really still here just bc of the what are you cooking/eating thread :rofl:

9 Likes