šŸ—£ Sessions with Lafayette - Serious Issues Thread

Respectfully, why are you venting here about this? You cant live like this my friend.

What youve said doesnt really change anything. Either the homeowner kicks them out and honors the arrangement they had with you or you move yourself.

5 Likes

I assumed you were living with your parents. it does make more sense now.

Update: they’re getting kicked out by the end of the summer.

19 Likes

@Swangtheugly

I’m with @pissfloyd here.
Since it’s not your place then a conversation with the person you’re helping needs to happen and you give the ultimatum. Them or you will be moving out by X day. Whatever X day is… don’t let them call a bluff. Be ready to move on if they’re not out.

-I see ā€œend of summerā€ in your post. Do you have a clearly defined day?

Also, sorry you’re going through that. It sounds like no fun.

7 Likes

Before August 26, to be more exact they have to be out before the new school year starts for the youngest.

They know they’ve overstayed their welcome and I’m gonna see to it that my relative has the proper notices for them that way they have no choice but to honor it.

I didn’t want it to come to this, but they walked on us time and time again, played stupid games and earned stupid rewards, and just in general took advantage of our good nature.

I’m looking forward to things going back to normalcy.

9 Likes

My mom’s travelling to Sydney for work next month and she invited me along, but I had to apply for an Australian visa and it’s been a nightmare.

First I rushed through the application and mistakenly answered ā€œYESā€ to whether I was a convicted domestic abuser when I’m not. I should have gotten Mom to fill it up for me. I deleted that application and sent a corrected version, which cost another $20 and apparently may still result in both being rejected. Then I had to create an ImmiAccount which cost $200 and I need to fill up more forms.

And even if I didn’t screw up the first application, visitor visas take about a month to process, and that’s without errors. I’m pretty sure I coughed up $240 in Australian dollars for nothing.

No wonder our games never had a mission in Australia; 47 never made it past visa application.

12 Likes

Yeah, we don’t make it easy for anyone that is for sure. In the future be sure to take your time filling out the forms though.

Anyway hope you enjoy Sydney once (If?) you ever get there.

7 Likes

Thanks. Mom would have spent the whole week going to business meetings, so I probably would have spent my time there alone, wandering around the hotel or downtown. Maybe I would have popped down to your opera house or sampled the local cuisine.

What are you famous for? Steak? Pizza? Any restaurant suggestions? Just nothing too expensive.

It’s been a real lousy month so far. Biden floundered the debate, Trump survived and Albanese thinks I’m a wifebeater.

You a native Sydneysider?

I am sorry mate, I am an Adelaidean. So I can’t recommend anywhere specific

Generally we have really good beef, and most steak houses in this country prepare and cook it similar to Americans though the names might be different. Oh and seafood of course, there is probably no short of small, local joints where you can get fish and chips or an AB pack (although I believe in NSW they call them Halal Snack Packs, that is lamb, beef and/or chicken seared on a grill served on a bed of chips with sauce.)

Oh Sydney probably has some good pizza most Australian cities do but they don’t make them like they do down here in SA though.

chris-evans-laughing-hysterically-jtlr88613s7fhd7l
Sydney is the country’s most expensive city that being said there is probably a lot of cheap food at the smaller and more local places especially outside of the CBD.

Lucky Albanese has bigger problems to worry about. It is a mistake, they happen (especially if you rush official paperwork) and they can correct it.

4 Likes

Everything feels lame. There’s a lot of factors. this summer job is harder than anticipated and I make less at this than I did in fast food/retail. Still grateful. But doing so much prep work everyday, at 5 am, weekends, always arriving with a smile on your face and dealing with kids when you’ve never been a people-person gets old. I also age out of my health insurance in about a month, which includes my meds that keep me productive and functioning like a normal person. So when that goes belly up everything is totally fucked. I’ve been job hunting for some place, literally any place, that has benefits but I keep getting ghosted. And when my meds run out I fear I won’t be able to focus or be motivated enough to animate/draw normally and that scares me because that’s my livelihood.

Because of everything getting in the way, I’ve hardly turned on the Xbox since eliminating The Disruptor and that feels sad. Today I also quit my unpaid remote internship because it was too stressful and it asked for more time than I had. Oh, and I screwed up a cookie recipe today and had to throw it out. It seems silly to add that but I really think life is not meant to be anymore. not at this point. This was kind of all over the place. Thanks for reading, if you did.

19 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with all that. A pile of stressful things happening at once is always difficult. :frowning:
While quitting the internship might not have been what you originally planned, it might be for the best. Just having more free time to focus on yourself or other tasks that need your attention will let you get a better handle on your life and things around you. It’s hard to get everything sorted into order when you’re just constantly loaded or dealing with day to day chaos.

For your medication I’d check if you can qualify for any Drug Assistance Program to get them for free or at a lower price. That might be your best bet until you can get new health insurance.

Also idk if you are gonna attempt to make more cookies but if you would like any tips or advice I’d be happy to help. They are the one thing I can successfully bake just due to the amount of times I’ve made them at this point. :woozy_face: :cookie:

6 Likes

Yo, it’s me again. My mom’s cancelled the Australia trip so that’s no longer a worry. I also wasted $200 shopping for books afterwards.

While I was ordering some apple strudel, my right leg decided to fuck me and cramped. Charley horse, dead leg, muscle spasm, whatever its called, it really fucking hurt, floored me for a full minute until a nice couple help me limp to the supermarchĆ©. The staff there helped me into a wheelchair and wheeled me back home. Great guys, hope they won’t Wet Bandit me now that they know my address. Luckily, my family were fast asleep, so they didn’t hear about my adventure. For the record, I can still walk, albeit with a limp and it still kinda hurts.

My grandmother has Alzheimer’s and we got her a wheelchair, funny how I ended up in one before she did.

11 Likes

If it makes you feel any better it sounds like you just had cramping, it happens to lots of people including me. Leg cramps are the worst, so glad I haven’t had one in ages.

6 Likes

Didn’t know that existed. Thank you. That’s something to look into. Actually posting this here led me to finally schedule a phone call with an insurance representative, so perhaps something will come out of that.

Thanks for the offer. Sometimes a fresh baked cookie is like the best thing ever. The thing is, I’d realized that I had run out of two ingredients too late, tried to substitute them, and it screwed up the whole thing. Not much could be done to salvage it by that time. :confused:

7 Likes

Got my first job! I’m working part-time as a waiter at a Japanese restaurant. Hours are long and tiring but pay’s good enough and staff are accommodating. Family’s glad I’m not being a louse as well. I’ll see how long I can stick with it.

16 Likes

Been away from the forum due to a lot of family related issues.

Everything is fine right now, but my presence in here is not gonna be prevalent for the foreseeable future.

I’ll still fulfill my obligations to TRM, but beyond that my interaction with yall will be sparse.

Remember to be good people :slight_smile:

-Blake ā€œSwangtheuglyā€

17 Likes

From what I recall from your previous posts… I’m sure you would’ve mentioned it, but didn’t. So I’ll just ask, did things go as planned? :anguished:

4 Likes

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: For the most part nothing has changed in regards to what I said in the past. The right people are aware of the eviction notice and that hasn’t changed. The only thing that has changed is the date they need to be out of the house by.

November 1st, 2024. As of August 1st they have 90 Days to find more permanent living arrangements.

My post is more so intentionally veiled given there has been developments within my immediate family I simply can’t ignore. So to say it bluntly while giving limited detail on the situation I’ll just end this post with this.

Cancer and Divorce

14 Likes

I got reassigned to another outlet with worse management and colleagues and then I got sacked when they scapegoated me for a wrong order.

Honestly, I was planning to quit at the end of that shift anyway since my pay got cut along with my hours. If I stayed any longer there, I probably would have been leaving that job with an assault charge.

It still stings a bit losing my first job that unceremoniously, but waiting tables wasn’t exactly my life’s dream. I think I’ll aim for something more white-collar, maybe sales or scriptwriting. See if I can put my bachelor’s degree to any use.

13 Likes

If you think that is bad my first job fired me to make more room for full-time employees but never notified me. I turned up to start my day at work, had trouble getting into the system then my boss told me to take a day off while they sprted it out before notifying me that I was sacked.

6 Likes