Seven Deadly Sins Act 1: Greed

" The frog symbolizes greed because it is a greedy creature in desiring to live in both worlds- on the land & in the water. "

The frog’s gold would be to sit on a lily pad in a marsh, because they lay eggs (which would desiccate without freshwater), and have young as tadpoles requiring water, and they breath through their skin (and lungs), and would dry out without being surrounded by water.

Without water adult frogs and their young die, and I think that they are losing in the greed thing, since their habitat encroached by humans is disappearing. Regular frogs have no use for gold.

It was what google showed me why they consider them greedy, it’s all a mixture of silly folklore and superstition with a smidge of symbolism here and there.

It’s not just a single culture either, i read chinese webnovels and they always go like ‘hmpf! a toad lusting after a swan’s meat!’ if a worthless guy is interested in a woman of high status or good looks.

This mission is quite laggy. Lots of stuttering.

1 Like

I’ve not yet given in and bought this, so I’ll make another poll.

Whilst it’s far too early to judge the entire pack, was this escalation worth it for it’s individual price?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

the work put into it is terrific, no faults there. it’s just held back by the format. so i’d say its a very regrettable no

4 Likes

What platform? I saw some say the patch introduced stuttering on PC for them but I haven’t had any.

1 Like

So, I think I may have solved the inconsistent coin drop issue with Level 3 of this escalation.
I think you have to take out (I subdued before shooting) each target in the order they’re listed as objectives.

I was coming up one coin short and probably ran this at least 30 times turning me a little sour on it… The targets appear in pairs after the first, so I was moving to the closest new target to try and limit time spent. I was going after the one in the Control Room and then climbing up to the one beside the Server Room, but only after I swapped their order and eliminated the targets as they were listed on the screen did I get the 60/60 coins for the challenge.

I would love for someone with coin spawning issues of their own to try this out and see if this helps. I could just be going insane.

1 Like

I just had an idea that I’m sort of surprised that wasn’t used. Why not, to enhance the “pushing your luck” a greed mechanic should ideally entail, have the targets drop more coins if you kill them in more impractical ways? Like for example 5 coins for an accident but 10 for an unsilenced firearm or explosive. Or something like the next target drops more coins if you don’t hide the body of the last one. I did really like this escalation a lot, but they could have gone soooo much further with a “risking it all for more coins” feeling. Maybe even have some high-risk optional objective that if failed causes you to go down a level in the escalation, lol (that would probably just be frustrating and not fun).

3 Likes

Pay a bunch of escalations at that price, i don’t know

That’s basically the choice you have to make in part 3 , spend 15 coins to get a silenced gun or go loud and the possibility to get the 60 coin ‘achievement’ , which is just exp again which is lame.
I was hoping the coins carried over from 3 back to 1, imagine if the amount of coins defined the objectives or added enforcers, upgrade their guns, or various other things.
To be honest, it could’ve used more emphasis on the risk, like you said. Imagine having a death scene where you burst in coins ‘NOOOOOOOOOO PRECIOUSSSSSSS’.

Level 3/The Rapacious Suit/Silent Assassin/Ghost Assassin/Silenced Gold Pistol version/No KO/No Subdue/No Distractions/5 Single Headshots/All Coins Collected in Level 3… Not even a single Huh? What? Hmmm from anyone :smirk:

I purchased the Season Pass. Not a bad DLC, nothing impressive either… Roll on the next Elusive Target :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think it’s a bug because the game tries to not have the targets drop a fixed number of coins for a given NPC. But drop them in an increasing quantity. So sometimes if you pacify/eliminate the targets out of order they’ll drop the incorrect number of coins

I thought using the cane might alter the number of coins dropped but I tested this for like a full hour on launch and it doesn’t seem to make a difference at all (which felt weird)

If you’re still having the 58 coins issue I suggest being very careful that you pacify/eliminate the targets in the order they appear on the objectives screen (specifically in Level 3, do Keiji Kono before anything with Carl Thorn)

6 Likes

This was an April Fools, please don’t believe any of this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Okay, so I’m not a huge fan of this escalation but I just discovered something that gives me more hope for these Sin Contracts and maybe a cool surprise

I’m not 100% coz I’ve only managed it once but I think these are the conditions I think you need to fulfil to do this

• Collect all the coins in each level
  • Use those coins to get the special item from the frog (Knife, Goldballer etc)
  • Use those items on the targets you can (i.e. if a weapon is needed for the kill use the frog item)
  • At the end of level 3 throw all your leftover coins into the pile of money behind the frog

Then a new prompt appears on the frog, “Unleash your sin” and if you activate the prompt then it plays an audio clip of demon Diana laughing and you can’t use the exit anymore

Clearly there’s something more to do in this escalation and I reckon if you “unleash” all seven sins across the seven contracts then it’ll probably

23 Likes

Your Sin is overflowing.

2 Likes

My questions are:

1. Is it necessary to use the cane to knockout each target to maximize the coin gathering?

2. Can you knockout a target first before pistol shoot or do you lose coins in the process?

3. Sometimes two targets are presented at once. Do I have to kill the two targets in the order of presentation on the screen?

If you read everything carefully I’m sure you’ll find your answers :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I trusted you, man. What a betrayal.

11 Likes

I see that some of these questions have been addressed. My bad.

This is such an amazing find! Not going to click the spoiler because I can’t wait to find out what this is all about for myself. You really made my day here.

I admit that all the hate on this escalation got to me the last couple of days. I had fun with the escalation as it is but I just knew there was something more to it, and here you go and confirm something that goes even beyond my wildest hopes. This discovery, in the face of all this harsh criticism, to me is proof we can never lose confidence in the good people of IO, and yes, the good people in general. It’s as if karma is throwing a gift towards those who were ready to believe in IO, and it makes me so incredibly happy I could almost cry.

From the bottom of my heart: thank you for sharing this. My faith in humanity has been restored.

20 Likes

:joy:

4 Likes