Seven Deadly Sins Act 1: Greed

Exploitation of toads for human greed

IOI, please, make a bonus mission in this remade map

soā€¦ since the Greed Cane drops coins every time you KO someone, what is the hypothetical max amount of coins a map can have now?

whatever map has the most NPCs + however many coins are already on the map + bringing coins in your inventory + bringing coins in your supply drop

i imagine Mumbai might be the map because of the whole barber opportunity

Or knock one down, let someone help them up, repeat! Infinite coins!?

5 Likes

Miami can spawn infinite coins too if you play as the musician and stop/start playing whenever the woman came around to drop a coin. I think a good few hundred are possible.

Also you donā€™t need to go by the NPC count to get n coins if you let them being woken up again. :slight_smile: But the NPC count might affect at how many coins the game crashes.

10 Likes

47 squeezes frogs/toads in Whittleton Creek to lace poison embedded in the skin of particular species into Helenā€™s delicious muffins to kill people.

Agent 47 was a willing agent to serving as the handler for Diane in killer targets. No one asked frogs/toads if they wanted to serve as a co-conspirator in the second degree murder of humans.

Not all frogs/toads are poisonous. It is an unfair misrepresentation.

IOI has falsely mischaracterized frogs/toads for their own profit.

It is all too pervasive to portray the innocent frog/toad in the murder of humans and to mythologize them as a symbol of human greed.

You can dislike how frogs and toads are treated in the game, but about the greed thing, itā€™s been a thing for presumably more than hundreds of years.

Itā€™s already a part of traditional culture in some regions, and IOI just got inspiration from it.

Of course, youā€™re free to be against symbolism or traditional culture.

Itā€™s Joke!

The frog symbolizes greed because it is a greedy creature in desiring to live in both worlds- on the land & in the water.

Random as hell. Even ā€˜Beelzebubā€™ is nowadays represented as something fly related ā€˜lord of the fliesā€™ when instead itā€™s lord of the flyers because he could fly as heā€™s the fallen angel Lucifer (aka black wings). Itā€™s just to culturally ingrained that weā€™re still using these depictions.

I donā€™t think itā€™s a bug, but a non-explained feature.

I also ended up with only having 58 coins at the end of my runs, but I think thereā€™s a hidden rule to how many coins your targets drop. It seems that if you KO the 4 last targets before killing them with the pistol, they will drop one less coin. Also, if you use a greedy coin to lure your first target, he will also drop one less coin. Here Iā€™m talking about the last escalation only. I finished the first two escalations with 30 coins without any trouble, even when pacifying targets (at least the neck-snap ones, which I subdued with my cane).

So if you want to play it safe: donā€™t KO targets before killing them and donā€™t use your greedy coins to lure them anywhere.

I KOed all the targets before killing them and lured several people (targets and otherwise) with greedy coins and ended up with the full 60 coins.

I did have one coin, from the helicopter pilot, that fell through a crack and landed in the area below, though I donā€™t know if it was one of the coins he dropped or the one I lured him into the corner with.

1 Like

Did you pacify them with the cane? The reason Iā€™m asking is because maybe The Devilā€™s Cane pacifications donā€™t substract coins, but other pacifications do?

The reason why I thought the coin lure might be problematic was that when I distracted the first guard (from escalation stage 3) with a greedy coin, and then took that greedy coin before he arrived at the spot, he only dropped 2 coins instead of 3 after piercing his head with a screwdriver. When taking the coin that I used as a distrcation, I also got that voice over telling me Iā€™m a good boy, which might suggest that coin being wrongly considered the 31st coin rather than the 30th.

Confusing stuff! But it feels to me thereā€™s an as of yet undiscovered rule behind it, rather than a bug.

1 Like

Thereā€™s definitely something going on with the drop rates for the Coins on Level 3 of this Escalation. On three different attempts, I had three different number of coins drops from my targets, all of which I took out exactly the same every time. I would subdue the target, collect the coins, then eliminate them. My first attempt I ended with 58 coins. The second I ended up with 57. In my third attempt, I ended up with 59. It canā€™t just be related to whether you subdue them or not.

2 Likes

I donā€™t fully remember, but Iā€™m pretty sure there were a couple of hammer/crowbar throws in there. (There definitely would have been if you lose the cane doing things like climbing ladders or ledges.)

And I definitely had people pick up multiple greedy coins and got them all back, complete with the little voice over thing.

1 Like

Alright, review time.
I liked the escalation. Definitely has more replay value (with it having the challenges and whether or not you want to give the almighty frog the coins) and effort put into it compared to other escalations. I like what they did with the map and the overall dream-like aesthetic and the pimp suit and pimp cane are also pretty cool unlocks but nothing too special. Iā€™m interested to see what theyā€™ll come up with for the other sins. However, I have to say that the price was a bit stretching it for me and had it been a bit more expensive Iā€™m not sure if I wouldā€™ve been as happy with it but as of now I feel like I got my moneys worth from it and can see myself replaying it some time in the future which is something that I canā€™t say for 99.9% of other escalations.

Also donā€™t ask about the number of edits.

11 Likes

I actually liked the greed escalation. I just thought the map could be more different than the classic Dubai.
I expected something like patient zero, even just a night time shift.

2 Likes

i remember the Requiem pack was (is) $5, and that only has 1 suit and 2 items. and i still bought it.

Greed pack is $5 and i get 1 suit, 2 items, and an escalation. seems like a better deal to me tbh :man_shrugging:

(i know there are other factors that are making people more wary of the pricetag this time around, but from an objective standpoint, this is how iā€™m seeing it)

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if comparing a free preorder bonus released for a price later down the line to this DLC is a good comparision, however I can see your point.

Also, Iā€™m not going to lie. Even if it cost 10$ each I wouldā€™ve bought it. Afterall, I need to fill the hole in my heart with something.

7 Likes

Deluxe pack wouldā€™ve had more ā€˜valueā€™ to players of the older games that actually got the throwbacks and or references. With the Sins pack the best part to me is the change of pace and altered feeling.
Whoā€™d have thought they could make Dubai even moreā€¦ golden.

1 Like

It never stated.