Seven Deadly Sins Act 2: Pride

Well, yeah that’s the point. There are dozens of interesting item suggestions on this forum. I think with this second sin, it confirms how much to expect. For a “premium-priced” DLC, you’d expect more, but by now we know there are no more gameplay programmers working on the project.

That’s not the way it was sold at all. The wording was much more ambiguous :

I suppose “reskins at 1,50 $ a pop, and be thankful we’re giving you an escalation to go along with it” wouldn’t have sold quite as well. But in my case, if they would have been more upfront about it from the get go, I would have been much more okay with it.

3 Likes

Most, if not all, of the item suggestions that I’ve seen have been either reskins of existing items (a la the Goldballer) or new items that would require new game mechanics or modifications, which IOI has not shown a willingness to do. There is certainly an argument to be made that they should, and the community would appreciate it, but that isn’t what we’re getting with this and I’m ok with that - clearly you are not.

The wording was very ambiguous specifically to sell the content. I agree that if the marketing was simply “we will give you 7 contracts and some new suits and stuff” it wouldn’t have sold as well but that’s marketing. It’s the entire point of marketing - to sell products to consumers and make vague, impossible to fulfill promises. So much so that it’s a common joke in Dilbert and other places to depict marketing promising things that the developers then have to deal with. Shame on IOI for implying that their DLC was going to be something it isn’t, but I’m still not disappointed in what it is.

2 Likes

This suit is gaudy and horrible. I wish they’d get a bit more creative with the outfits so they’re not just tailor suits with a ridiculous texture on them

3 Likes

Whats up with the dlc suits? Theyre really really flamboyant. A few of them dont hurt and i might occasionally pick one. But i hope they have different concepts for the next sins suits as i feel seven shiny suits wouldnt go down too well with the fans.

3 Likes

I swear Travis listed off like 6 different teams when talking about developing the DLC. Artists, gameplay programmers, lighting tech, communication, marketing, etc.
Gameplay was one of them, since they’re creating new ways to play the game in the existing mechanics.

I agree with others that the suit for Pride is a bit off-putting. Maybe when I see it in its entirety it’ll look better, or on a brighter map, but it doesn’t really scream “pride” to me. Just Silver suit to go with the Gold suit.
The Greed suit was spot on though. Perfectly gaudy.

Pride needs a purple suit with a bunch of eye designs on it or something. Not so shiny.

This confirms that the DLC is only to be bought on sale, there’s no point in paying for even more reskins that I’ll never use.

2 Likes

Well hopefully the suits will get even cooler as they go on. The leaked butcher suit will hopefully be part of the DLC like we’ve all been talking about in other threads.

1 Like

Re: The Suit. It was referred to by a number of people in the Twitch stream as the ‘Spoon Suit’. :spoon: But yeah, I do see the hand-held mirrors.

Maybe the suit for Gluttony will be forks. :thinking:

& as much as I hate to say this… These weird, almost otherworldly suits (like something from a fever dream) seem like nothing more than a novelty. I don’t see myself buying them, even if they were on sale. Oh yeah. The escalations? Maybe we can wait until someone finds them through contracts mode. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If any of these are more than escalations it’ll probably be toward the end so they get more development time. Hopefully this escalation has more level changes on top of the interesting concepts in Greed.

Perhaps the next suit will be the “Elton John” suit.
:stuck_out_tongue:
To anyone baffled by this, the musician Elton John is known for having worn extremely flamboyant outfits in the ‘70s and’ 80s.

In all seriousness, something really fabulous would be worth the money. If not, I might as well buy myself more ties in real life!

2 Likes

Hell yeah, if the suit comes with the glasses as well.

1 Like

The fact that we get an escalation on top of that is a bonus so let’s stop saying it’s disappointing

what?
why would I care what it was the original point? It literally doesn’t make the content any less disappointing? Like, you realize people are allowed to be underwhelmed that they are charging half of the price of the game for 6 escalations. That it was originally worse doens’t make it this any better, and it doesn’t make the DLC any less overpriced. You’re not “getting a bonus” here, you’re paying for a product.

Also, it’s bit funny seeing you saying that the disappointment is community driven when unless i’m remembering wrong you’ve constantly said in previous discussion where people criticized the price how we can’t “judge it” because a bonus mission can totally happen down the line (despite the fact that never made any sense because all the Prides are the same price)

11 Likes

Umm, now, I don’t want to moan, but I think I should point out that we’re in danger of going off on a tangent; there is a thread already going for price discussion: ‘Economics of Hitman Games in the Modern Day’ in the H3 sub-forum. Whilst there’s technically no limitation on discussion of all aspects of the DLC in this thread, the mods tend to prefer these general threads to discuss content.

Just saying, in the nicest possible way. :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Yes and greed was the bitcoin suit

2 Likes

Is it just me, or does it feel quite calm around this sin, in general? After all the discussion at the first one in the forum?

And on topic, I think the unlocks are quite neat. I wonder what item will have the gameplay addition, like others said before, hopefully the sniper rifle, instead of the sword.

2 Likes

Iooking forward to the Pride DLC, the suit was a bit of a let down, looks too similar to the Greed one for me, but the sniper looks cool and i’m excited to see what they do with the escalation

The pride profusion, what a weird, weird escalation.

when i first tried it out i wasn’t all too keen on it. finding it pretty lame.
but on replay i’ve come to find that it’s a pretty decent escalation. It still feels like a bunch of contracts stitched together by some ultimately fun but pointless dialogue. but I liked the contracts

the baby path contracts are as you’d expect super easy, not much to talk about there.

but the pride path has some really fun contract ideas, like the triple poison, and fiberwire facility contract. overall decent. i preferred it to the greed enumeration though the greed enumeration had more changes and had a more interesting concept.

1 Like

Wait, so the peacock-sniper isn’t an unlockable? Can’t find it in any of the rewards on the escalation.

1 Like

Complete the first level of the escalation.

4 Likes

This looks cool and I’m always glad to see new stuff! I was really hard on IOI for a while after the launch. I look at it this way now. They release new content and update their game regularly to try to keep fans happy and the game performance as smooth as possible. I buy everything they put out, because Hitman is a unique game, and a great escape for me. Nothing’s perfect, but if IOI folded under all the criticism and quit supporting this game, a lot of people would be bummed out not having Hitman anymore. Only my opinion, yet I’m grateful to have this game, bumps and dings included…:sunglasses:

1 Like