Seven Deadly Sins Act 2: Pride

A thread to discuss the second act of the newest DLC, Pride.

2 Likes

Pride and an escalation in Chongqing. Theyā€™ve all been bangers in that location so letā€™s hope they keep that up

7 Likes

What item will have a gimmick tied to it.

• Sniper
  • Sword

0 voters

1 Like

We just got a gimmick melee so. Also making a gimmick on a sniper feels easier than a gimmick on a sword (I think at least)

Plus, if itā€™s the sniper we can get a full research paper from Chaos on it, as an added bonus :wink:

The new suitā€™s clearly have a similar theme. I doubt that we will get the Butcher Suit for gluttony at this rate.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know, Greed and Pride are two of the more ā€˜classyā€™ sins imo. When you get around to stuff like Gluttony, Lust and Sloth I canā€™t imagine a shiny suit would fit them too well

Tangent point, which do you think looks better?

• Greed suit
  • Pride suit

0 voters

Greed suit (I know thatā€™s not itā€™s name but) has really grown on me since I first saw it. Thought it was fugly :joy:

1 Like

I felt the same when I saw it but Iā€™m still optimistic I would say. Hopefully no more bling suits after this though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Rapacious :slight_smile:
And I still need to look it up

I feel like it might end up being a escalation unlock closer to Halloween. Iā€™m praying we get bonus missions regardless cause I like using load outs, but at this rate I really donā€™t know what to expect outside of Escalations.

2 Likes

i only picked Pride Suit because itā€™s a 3-piece suit instead of a 2-piece suit (like the Rapacious suit). otherwise, theyā€™re kind of same-y to me, at least in vibe

5 Likes

Yeah, the new suit is a simple reskin or even just recolor of that first one as I see it

4 Likes

Thoughts on what might be the Pride gameplay addition of the escalation?

They say itā€™s to ā€œprove you are the best, to make you proud of your workā€.

Right now, Iā€™m thinking interacting with the Peacock will change or increase the difficulty of the kill conditions. Or maybe, thereā€™ll be more than 5 targets and the more you kill, the more points you accrue to unlock the special item held by the Peacock.
Just basing this on what weā€™ve seen with the Frog.

That feels like greed more than pride. But I love your first idea, all I can say is please donā€™t get my hopes up too much :wink:

If IO donā€™t make it tho, I might steal that idea for another Challenge like The Greed Perturbation

Edit: also Iā€™m outta likes, so take this :green_heart:

ā€œsighā€ Okay, so another escalation and more reskins.

Please donā€™t be timed. Please donā€™t be timed. Please, please for the love of all that is good and holy, donā€™t be timed.

I believe. I receive.

1 Like

Greed wasnā€™t timed, and since this is paid content, itā€™s overwhelmingly likely not to be timed either.

I read it as them not wanting the escalation to have a time complication (like The Lee Hong Derivation) a lot of people seem to hate that complication

So another escalationā€¦ yawn They even didnā€™t put effort into the cosmetics (looks similar to greed) IOI really lost the plotā€¦

4 Likes

Few thoughts I had, probably belong in ā€œUnpopular thingsā€ but whatever.

I hope we donā€™t get the butcher suit. The old games were fine but theyā€™re in the past. Letā€™s keep looking for the future for more rather than going backward. Weā€™ve enough homages and retreads of old games at this point.

I donā€™t mind escalations as a concept so Iā€™m good with it. I do not expect to get anything beyond that for this DLC despite the wishes and hopes of most.

At this point, what new item wouldnā€™t be a reskin of something that already exists? For all the talk of a butcher suit, or something besides yet another gun or sniper, what else is there? The Goldballer everyone wants? Thatā€™s a reskin of the Silverballer in gold. A new suit is, by definition, a reskin of another suit. Unless they want to code in a genuinely new item, theyā€™re all going to be reskins.

Travis said in todayā€™s stream that the original point of the DLC was ONLY to provide a few new items and a suit every month. The fact that we get an escalation on top of that is a bonus so letā€™s stop saying itā€™s disappointing. Donā€™t buy it if you donā€™t want it.

There has been zero indication that bonus missions (or even special assignments) would be included in this. Any news that weā€™d be getting anything ā€œmoreā€ than escalations as part of the DLC is wishful thinking on behalf of the community so any disappointment is entirely community-driven. If we get more, great, fantastic and letā€™s celebrate! Itā€™s not mandatory nor cause for discontent though.

I agree on not having time limits on the escalations. Thatā€™s one of the worst complications I know of. Itā€™s one of the surest ways to get me to not play a contract.

1 Like

ā€œTravis said in todayā€™s stream that the original point of the DLC was ONLY to provide a few new items and a suit every month. The fact that we get an escalation on top of that is a bonus so letā€™s stop saying itā€™s disappointing. Donā€™t buy it if you donā€™t want it.ā€

Wow! I never knew that. Weirdly, that makes me a bit more inclined to buy this DLC, if it was never supposed to include new gameplay.

1 Like