The Seven Deadly Sins Collection | General Discussion

Today, october 26th, the last act of the 7DS released and marked the end of an eight months long period of Hitman III live service activities.
It could be useful to have a central topic to discuss the Seven Deadly Sins collection in its entire fully released self.

So if you have anything to express or discuss about the collection this is the place.

It can be about what it told us about 47 and the canon of the game.
It can be about its release model.
It can be about how it evolved during its time and the work made by the Hitman Live Team.
It can be about the best and worst items.
It can be about asking for the release of the trailers soundtrack.

Links to all the Seven Deadly Sins Act topics :

If you wish to see the items and suit unlocks, @Talkingtree listed them all in his list of unlocks and mastery topic.
And if you wish to revisit the roadmaps, @Swangtheugly’s Roadmap Museum is here for you.

20 Likes

I will start by first giving you all the majesty that were all of @Clemens_IOI outfits during the 7DS roadmaps.

And second by making a simple poll of the 7DS escalations and giving the possibility to rate each of them on a scale of 1 to 10.

What was the best 7DS escalation ?
  • Act 1 Greed thumb The Greed Enumeration
  • Act 2 Pride thumb The Pride Profusion
  • Act 3 Sloth thumb The Sloth Depletion
  • Act 4 Lust thumb The Lust Assignation
  • Act 5 Gluttony thumb The Gluttony Gobble
  • Act 6 Envy thumb The Envy Contention
  • Act 7 Wrath thumb The Wrath Termination
0 voters
And if you wish to give a more detailed rating to them, click to expand :
Act 1 Greed thumb Rate The Greed Enumeration
0 voters
Act 2 Pride thumb Rate The Pride Profusion
0 voters
Act 3 Sloth thumb Rate The Sloth Depletion
0 voters
Act 4 Lust thumb Rate The Lust Assignation
0 voters
Act 5 Gluttony thumb Rate The Gluttony Gobble
0 voters
Act 6 Envy thumb Rate The Envy Contention
0 voters
Act 7 Wrath thumb Rate The Wrath Termination
0 voters
19 Likes

Funny to see my beard grow like in stop-motion :open_mouth:

30 Likes

What’s your favourite 7DD suit?

• The Rapacious Suit
  • The Narcissus Suit
  • The Lotophage Suit
  • The Scarlet Suit
  • The Profligacy Suit
  • The Odium Suit
  • The Temper Suit

0 voters

Who’s your favourite 7DD elusive target?

• Kody Haynes (The Collector)
  • Joanne Bayswater (The Iconoclast)
  • Terrence Chesterfield (The Liability)
  • Philo Newcombe (The Heartbreaker)
  • Jack Roe & Robert Burke (The Procurers)
  • Allison Moretta (The Ascensionist)
  • Sully Bowden (The Rage)

0 voters

3 Likes

I’m expecting to be the only person to vote for Greed, but as I’ve said before, it’s my personal favorite because it represents how 47 has been for most of his series, and the gimmick actually influences greed in the player if you want to keep every possible coin. Since completing the escalation levels, especially the 3rd, is insanely difficult without feeding coins to the golden Frog, if you pull it off, it also ties into the sin of Pride, because you feel really accomplished on top of being able to keep all the beautiful coins.

I prefer the Narcissus suit because of how shiny and cool it is, with its only drawback being it’s lack of gloves.

Joanne Bayswater is my favorite of the Elusive Target’s because of her backstory and the reason for the contract. 47 has had to take down his fellow assassins before, practically once per game, but this one was different in how the ICA’s competitor agency has to go to them to ask for help to take out one of their own because she were simply too good. Loved it.

2 Likes

Tried to put all the 7DD suits in one pic

17 Likes

Is Wrath live now?:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yes, you can play it right now (I get access to new Wrath escalation now)! It seems that there is no patch this month.

3 Likes

The sins are things i did not expect to enjoy so much. I truly think the only bad sin is greed and even that had the awesome collecter tied into it.

And the sin elusive targets, man, they have reinvigorated my love for drawing hitman fanart and elusive targets as a whole. I love all 8 of those slimy bastards and i would love to see them interact in a sitcom or something.

11 Likes

Where’s the poll for @Clemens_IOI 's outfits and videos?

9 Likes

It’s the exact opposite for me, i did not enjoy this at all. The only Sin I’ve enjoyed was Pride, and the last Sin Escalation I’ve actually finished was Sloth, i couldn’t bring myself to put any time and effort into the Rest.

I’m not pissed off or anything, but this was the last time I buy a DLC without actually knowing what I’ll get.

But cool to see that you and others are really enjoying the Content, i guess its just not for me.

13 Likes

Alright @djosus. But know that I am not taking any responsability for this poll, it’s all on you.

6 Likes

Alright, what are your favorite unlocks ? 3 choices.

• Greedy Little Coin (GREED)
  • The Devil’s Cane (GREED)
  • The Proud Swashbuckler (PRIDE)
  • The Majestic (PRIDE)
  • Slapdash SMG (SLOTH)
  • Goldbrick Proximity Mine (SLOTH)
  • The Serpent’s Tongue (LUST)
  • The Serpent’s Bite (LUST)
  • The Maximalist Shotgun (GLUTTONY)
  • “Bubble Queen” Gum Pack (GLUTTONY)
  • Jaeger 7 Green Eye (ENVY)
  • The Cat’s Claw (ENVY)
  • The Shashka Beast (WRATH)
  • The Roar Flash Grenade (WRATH)

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m not surprised that the three unique unlocks are in the lead. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

My ranking of the escalations would be:

1. The Wrath Termination
  2. The Lust Assignation
  3. The Envy Contention
  4. The Sloth Depletion
  5. The Pride Profusion
  6. The Gluttony Gobble
  7. The Greed Enumeration

Greed got everything wrong – the escalation is boring, the unlocks are bad and the suit is ugly (sure, the cane can be used to open the secret rooms in Dartmoor but that’s about it, mostly it has to be smuggled somewhere too instead of starting with it). The ET was good, but that wasn’t a part of the DLC. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Not a very good start, but on the contrary the last escalation was really enjoyable.

Edit: Nevermind just found out that the cane generates coins when you hit people with it, I never knew that. It’s actually pretty useful then.

7 Likes

7ds has 8 unique unlocks actually

Devils cane, snail mine, serpents tongue, serpents bite, bubble queen, jaeger 7 green eye, shashka beast and the roar flash grenade

4 Likes

How is the Jaeger green eye unique? What am I forgetting?

Also, haven’t had time to play with it yet, what’s up with the Roar Flash? Is it like Lil Flashy or somewhat different?

I still wish that Serpent bomb was a legal item. Makes no sense for it to be illegal, and makes it underpowered vs other existing items IMO. A big misstep and I hope they actually patch it.

Edit: and the Cat’s Claw should have poison in the hilt. Maybe emetic poison to fit the “green” theme. Patch it folks!

2 Likes

I think it is a proximity flash mine. Says Grenade but only detonates when enemies are near.

1 Like

The jaeger 7 green eye has a combination of perks no other sniper has
The roar flash grenade is proximity as opposed to trigger based like lil flashy
The serpents bite has a bigger explosion radius and the explosion wallbangs

2 Likes

I think the Jaeger 7 Green Eye have the same perks as the Jaeger 7 Tuatara.

• piercing
  • marksman
  • suppressor
  • versatile scope (three levels of zoom)

In all fairness we have so many sniper rifles that I think it’s impossible to create new combination.

Unless the green eye have some other tweak I’m not aware of (like a longer time dilatation or magazine size, like the difference between the sieger ghost and the leviathan covert)

4 Likes