The Seven Deadly Sins Collection | General Discussion

Wallbangs, really? Are there any other explosives that wallbang? I thought they deliberately fixed all that.

I couldā€™ve sworn the Serpentā€™s Bite was the same explosion size as the CX/Semtex demo block

I only played some of them after watching videos if I might would like them :sweat_smile: in the end I enjoyed all of them in some way, but not as much that I would say I will probably play them again in the future. Itā€™s fun for one time and thatā€™s it (at least for me) :no_mouth:

1 Like

Donā€™t know how I missed the fact that the roar flash grenade is placeable. That makes it unique enough then. I couldnā€™t get the serpentā€™s bite to wallbang and the blast radius is also smaller than CX blocksā€™. In fact, CX blocks can wallbang. And yeah, the guns might have different stats but that doesnā€™t change the game that much.

Iā€™m glad I bought this DLC. Made for some innovative stuff, changing the pace a bit.

Still prefer the classic Hitman mission, but that doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t enjoy some new approaches like in these escalations.

Wrath feels like a good old school final mission. I think itā€™s what they had in mind for the train originally, until the killed guards annoyed the SA trackerā€¦

8 Likes

not only was this dlc not worth buying, its existence actually made me regret buying the deluxe pack. i feel vindicated by the fact that it ended up being so miserable but disappointed because i know theres so much more to offer

1 Like

Pride?!?! Really? Iā€™m about to start Wrath but Greed/Pride were the worst.

I struggled through Pride to unlock the challenges. Literally painful experience. Greed, meh, pick up coin animations gets old fast but it wasnā€™t shit like Pride.

Sloth was cool. The voice acting was hilarious and perfect for it.

Lust was beautiful and well thought out. Itā€™s like an anti-speedrun. Loved it.

Gluttony was fun for a while but got old.

Envy, same thing. Got old, plus I hate Shitdoza.

Wrath could be pure carnage and shitty combat mechanics and Iā€™ll still love it. Because Dartmoor is an awesome map and I do like kill-anything-that-moves conditions.

4 Likes

These fits this thread very well

17 Likes

Great to see that things ended up for the best. A major part of the community was shocked/angry/upset after the original announcement of 7DS but I guess now everyone can agree that 7DS wasnā€™t the worst thing. It gave us cool level designs, cool suits and cooler items, and of course a development trial and error opportunity to the devs. Some mechanics used, like in wrath, will be for the benefit of the gameā€™s future content now that they functionally utilized it.

All in all 7 Deadly Sins was a great idea.

15 Likes

Jager 7 green eye has 4 times zoom, not 3 which is why its technically unique

3 Likes

I think that the last sin could reveal that this campaign is almost canon. The events arenā€™t real, but they happen in 47ā€™s mind while heā€™s inconscious in the train in Romania

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how you got this. I was very excited for this from the start and quite enjoyed every one of the sins. Not much of replayability but overall fun. Havenā€™t started Wrath, yet. But from the looks of it it sure looks good. And I love Dartmoor.

7 Likes

There might be exceptions, Iā€™m not in peopleā€™s minds. That was the vibe implied to me when reading the thread. I remember coming back after a day and a half, seeing a ā€œnewā€ thread has 500 posts, which if you remember was not excitement in most parts.

8 Likes

You may have been, but this was very much the vibe, and I wasnā€™t even a member here at the time, just an unregistered lurker. People wanted a new campaign, new bonus missions, or perhaps even a new game mode. New escalations, special theme or not, are not exactly something to get excited about; thereā€™ve been a hundred of them across the trilogy. So yes, the overall Hitman community was disappointed when this was announced, because it was not what we were hoping for, and seems at first to be a stylized version of more of the same. The main complaint was that extra money had to be paid to have it in the first place.

7 Likes

Donā€™t get me wrong. I do remember a lot of angry or disappointed people here at the beginning. But it never was ā€œthe whole communityā€. There were always quite a few people defending 7DS.

7 Likes

Well, the whole, no, but it did seem to be a majority. A few were really on boarded, but most came across as feeling let down with mild curiosity at best.

6 Likes

Youā€™re right. But thatā€™s the usual reaction for online communities: Only a minority writes if they think itā€™s great/good/ok. But everybody thinks they should make themselves heard if they dislike something.

5 Likes

I was one of the people disliked them, but I must admit that I enjoyed very much some sins. Especially Envy, Luxury and Wrath (still not finished)

3 Likes

Overall I very much enjoyed myself with this DLC. Certainly a better return on your dollar than the Deluxe upgrade. Many of the items are great, and I like all of the suits including the Greed one.

Greed was the low point (sorry Heisenberg) and I think Sloth and Lust were the high points, especially in terms of uniqueness and introducing new mechanics. I liked the others one too though.

Conceptually I think the idea for the dlc was brilliant. 7 or 8 months of content drip-fed to us based on a theme that makes sense in the context of 47ā€™s drugged mind. Whoever came up with this at the pitch meeting: Bravo.

8 Likes

As some of you might know with my elusive target posts, I play Hitman III on two different profiles : one where I do anything in whatever order I wish and one methodical completionist.
What none knows is that my completionist profile is sitting at 95 percent complete since march, because I want to play the patient zero campaign once all the unlocks will be given to have meaningful fun with them and more importantly for this topic I wanted to have and do a full, one sitting playthrough of the 7DS on one of my profile.

So, and since Iā€™m at the end of my 10 days isolation period, I just played all of the Seven Deadly Sins, challenges included, at once.
Itā€™s the moment I appreciated the new 7DS side mission menu.

What a journey that was.

It took me seven and a half hours, and I have some prior knowledge.
Most of the following write up is critical to the 7DS. But to be clear, itā€™s because I like them and I wish to see more of this direction. You can find my initial write ups in their respective act topic. They tend to be glowing.

• Greed is fine and with a good final idea (swapping all the normally silenced weapons for loud one and then offering the goldballer for a price is the kind of work that became central to the rest of the collection), but seems undercooked.
  • Pride was pleasant and started to show some of what the future would bring. I also liked how the team started to be comfortable enough to make some in-joke with the ā€œdonā€™t even think about itā€ bark if you approach the NPC on the skywalk. I presume the metrics are not gentle to him. The live level and objective updates during gameplay is something I can give my respect to.
  • Sloth is unfortunately just not my cup of tea, but I learned to appreciate its open gameplay. I appreciate how smooth the experience can be and the start of the in depth redecoration of levels. The addition of optional objectives with the jogger also seems for me to show the start of a certain assurance in the design. Itā€™s the level that showed me how much the game can track and use, it hypes me for the future. It also was the first to do away with the classic formula of just giving targets and kill conditions.
  • Lust. Best one. A great and flexible gameplay loop. A clever use of Berlin and its status of the most evenly open and opportunity riddled level of the game. Itā€™s also a technically non violent level with a social ending, so itā€™s my kind of level.
  • Gluttony is the most open ended level of the trilogy. A lot of It can be highly replayable for some senseless but silent assassin guards killing (an usually frowned upon activity in hitman).
  • Envy. The craft behind it is astonishing. Just the rival must have been a behemoth to make. I really liked that itā€™s without a suit only complication. I enjoy replaying it now that I have completed the challenges.
  • Wrath is an explosive end. Itā€™s truly a new game mode. Itā€™s just a bit clanky on the edge, because currently eighty percent of the gameplay consists of throwing objects at the head of the guards, which is not always the most fun. The escalation is genuinely great, but the balance might need some tweaking down.

In the end, and in retrospect, I think Lust was the best one. I think itā€™s the most well rounded gameplay loop.

The largest issue of the Seven Deadly Sins is that they are great and refined experiments, but they could be more.
The mechanics and gameplay are enough to be game modes. Some levels like Lust already are. But the rest are sometimes limited in what they could be for the whole game experience.
I understand why. 7DS still has a narrative, an atmosphere and a tone. We canā€™t have both a gameplay narrative, an escalation and a full on replayable stand alone mode.
But I hope it can still happen, maybe in future content.

Maybe a way to generate levels with one of the mechanics/objectives used in the 7DS, no other string attached (including loadout and no overbearing if narratively relevant complications).

Like a way to tell the game to launch Dubai with the objective to eliminate any 5 elite guards. It could be fun.
Or a way to launch Berlin with a stamina tracker and the objective to do as little a score as possible or the obligation to blend in to replenish it slightly.
Or a way to launch Mendoza with the whole level marked as an hostile area, some guards to eliminate and a weapons free roe.

7DS would still stand on its own, be unique and have the reworked level, narrative and fully curated content and optionnal objectives.

7DS is good

Outside of that, for specific 7DS escalations :

• I wish Lust had poison vials hidden in the level to poison the drinks of the pretendants for a cleaner and more satisfying ending.
  • I wish Gluttony had a full menu last level, to fully enjoy the level and the open target objectives without constantly resetting the escalation.
  • I wish Wrath had an ultimate-all challenges done unlock the possibility to play it with a loadout. Or at least gave us more useful tools earlier, or larger traps that could deny for a full wave a whole pathway/room. As I said currently itā€™s mostly item throwing.
  • I wish in general that we could turn off the filters. They are part of the ambiance, but they are sometimes a hindrance to the gameplay and eye confort.

I also kinda wish to know what Greed would have been if it was done now.

And to be clear, I do not wish to underplay the work done by the Hitman Live Team.
I believe I played the trilogy enough to be able to partially perceive the quantity of work done, the prototyping, the play testing, the refinement.

To give an example, in gluttony, next to all the fuse boxes, bins and opportunities added, there is one camera in the ICA facility that was removed from the level.
Itā€™s the one between the ICA Entrance Checkpoint and the ICA Employee Vetting and at the top of a pair of stairs you will certainly use if you arrive by the hatch in the second stage of the escalation to access the non-elite ICA guards in the level 1 security room.
It might have been removed because in the suit and without a silenced pistol, it would have been a too quick and unfun way to ruin a run. I know I would have during some of mine.

Thatā€™s the kind of care that was given to the 7DS.
And I want to give my appreciation for it.

Itā€™s just, I also think an honest return is useful.

18 Likes