Seven Deadly Sins Act 7: Wrath

I finished Level 3 last night, getting all the challenges of Wrath complete.

Man, the final level was really hard. Everyone’s got SMGs so you die very easily. You get flanked very easily. You can’t puncture or loosen barrels on the first wave. And getting each inhibitor before they reach the top floor is hard when there ends up being 6 different groups entering the mansion.

The key was mostly to knock one out, then use the unlimited time to unlock whatever crates and weapon cases you can.

This DLC was enjoyable, but very repetitive and frustrating near the end. Level 2 was the perfect sweet spot for me. I think I’ll replay it and leave it there for future use.
You get a choice of screwdriver or Wrench to unlock at the start, facing enemies that don’t take 4 sniper headshots to kill, and it’s a more manageable amount of groups.

6 Likes

I’m kind of in the same boat. There’s something sort of enjoyable about it, though I maintain it would probably be the best thing in the game if they gave you long ranged capabilities (and sent more enemies at you to compensate). However, I think what really sinks this escalation for me are the challenges to prevent the inhibitors from reaching the top floor. I should probably say that it was the tipping point; it was borderline traumatizing trying to stop them from reaching the top in addition to getting easily outflanked in the open and outgunned in a “firefight” because the most I can realistically expect to be equipped with is a fire axe and a couple clapping monkeys.

It did finally give me the ability to fully articulate my thoughts on Greed, though. That escalation is the same way; it’s enjoyable enough but gets in its own way (in this case with the excessive complications) even before you traumatize yourself by trying to get all the coins.

(I’m also of the mind that the “wrath” of the title is fourth wall breaking. This one has nothing to do with 47; instead applying mostly to the player’s feelings the longer one spends playing it.)

5 Likes

ok, my opinion on The Wrath Termination. i hate saying this, but it’s my least favorite out of all of the 7DS escalations, perhaps even all escalations? to preface this, i’m in no way a pro hitman player, maybe about average. but after countless hours on level 2, it’s simply not beatable to me. and not fun. 47 has no guns unless you manage to unlock them in that room upstairs, or in the butler’s office. guards don’t walk through traps the majority of the time. after replaying it several times, you recognize the pattern the guards follow in what entrances they pick, but this does not make it much easier because you lack firearms. there’s the method of leaving one inhibitor knocked out to prepare for the next wave, but i still get cornered regardless. sometimes i’ll take cover, get flanked, can’t escape quick enough due to 47 being glued to the wall now, and die. taking a baseball bat can be effective in mowing close enemies because it’s the quickest melee knock out, but this only gets you so far.

also, the lighting makes this level genuinely hard to navigate. i get the vibe they were going for (it looks awesome and foreboding), but you need to be able to see what you’re doing. when i initially heard of the Wrath Termination, i thought it could involve taking to the roof and mowing enemies, which would be fun. i even went up there just to see what it’d be like and literally only button prompts were visible.

(there’s another point on the ground where you can loosen a gas canister and it also looks like this)

this is in no way a hate post either – i’m amazed that people in this thread have said it’s easy, so major kudos to them. i’m glad it can be fun for some people :man_shrugging: but i think something needs to change so that it’s easier, maybe they can patch something in like they did for The Proloff Parable.

13 Likes

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: how I wish that IOI took cues/inspiration from the Carpathian Mountains when crafting this escalation… If they did, The Wrath Termination would probably be the best thing in the game. Or, at least the most fun.

4 Likes

I like the open-endedness of this escalation, but something a bit more tailored or confined like the Proloff Parable would be nice.

Something like having access to both Melee and ranged weapons during this would be…
Level 1 → Stuck outside the mansion… Waves of enemies enter from different starting locations. You must kill a specific target for a key to enter.
Level 2 → Stuck on the first floor of mansion. Enemies all around you. Stealth is advised but not necessary. Find 2/3 NPCs with keys to open the stairwell.
Level 3 – Access to the upper floors. Snipe intruders from the roof or kill them as they come in.

3 Likes

so…did IO get the memo that the lighting was too dark in the wrath termination? everything is glowing now.

can finally see this area too

and uh this is the last time im ever trying this escalation. idk what i expected. :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

It’s not called the « Wrath Termination » for nothing : you get more and more angry each time you fail. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m fond of this escalation because it requires organization :gear: and you overpass your opponents, like John Rambo would do with machiavellian traps. :cowboy_hat_face: It’s funny because level 2 is harsher than level 3 'cause the enemies have shotguns that cause more damages than machine guns.
Maybe some tips… :bulb:

• I usually stay on the ground floor and only go to the first floor to pick up the proxy mines in the boxes and stuff. I make sure to have at least two throwing knives :dagger: + a saber or an axe :axe: when the first wave hits.

• There’s a certain order in the arrival of the troops : staff door > terrace > back door > front door. More enemies at the front door. :door: If you strike one group at the time, you can have them all. DISTRACTIONS :wave: are the key to isolate them (or delay them) = radio / vacuum cleaner / monkey.

• The most efficient trap :dart:, that doesn’t need your presence, is the electrocution. :zap: One coin to attract them + a damaged car battery + a leak from a barrel (caused by a screwdriver or one bullet). They shouldn’t be alerted though (by you), so they can be distracted. :eyes:

• I pick up everything that falls from inhibitors immediately after their death (EDIT : rusty nails / crowbars / shurikens), in a hurry. :dash: I don’t forget the weapons I threw that are reusable. :point_up:

• If u’re engaged in a gunfight, just run. :scream: Your wounds will heal. Eventually, they will split up when they will looking for you. One at the time then, psychological warfare. :smiling_imp:

In level 3, you will have the Shashka beast as an unlock but it won’t always be the best option considering that the opponents will be the shielded guards from Romania. :yum:
Best of luck, agent! :bear:

8 Likes

oh, wrath is a more than suitable word for this escalation… :sweat:

I do turn on every distraction in the house, take time to recover after being shot, leave coins in puddles. they’re effective. only thing I can’t do is try to pick up a gun before it disappears out of an inhibitor’s hands, if that’s what you mean? would make things much easier

i keep getting stuck on the last wave in level 2, and it’s always after taking more than enough time to recover and then 47 gets shot one more time and dies…idk it doesn’t seem worth it anymore

thanks for the tips though, they’re really good :+1: it’s clear you’re amazing at this lol

5 Likes

So a bit late to the Party, though I finally decided to buy the 7DS, mainly also because of what I heard about Wrath.

I think it’s a really good twist on the Gameplay and quite challenging to that. I of course adore the reuse of so many Models, since IO easily also could have just used Dartmoor Guards or just one Group from outside of Dartmoor. Plus Points also for giving the Cartel Guys a Hispanic Accent. The only downside is the absence of Hawkes Bay Bagdu, but I guess you can’t have everything.

The Last Level is the only Level I didn’t really like that much, since you can’t really set so many Traps. Also…

Good Guide and everything, though this ain’t no Monkey my Guy.

6 Likes

Much like when Greed came out and I traumatized myself collecting those accursed coins, I took an extended break from this shitshow. I do think some of it was the extra tension of completing the challenges. Like Greed, I hate this escalation so much I decided I wanted to 100% it in “one run” (with quite a few restarts) because if I had to do the whole escalation again just to get one (or two) challenges, I’d probably have thrown something through a window.

Anyway, I finally actually completed this today and, while I’ve already made my feelings known, I have a few more things to say. First, Level 2 is an absolute nightmare. Inhibitors are accompanied by so many guards that I found them just milling around listlessly while exploiting the inhibitor knockout thing. While fighting a wave, though, you just get swarmed so easily it isn’t funny and you do not get enough to fight back against shotguns.

Level 3, on the other hand, is almost laughably easy. I did it in one try in about half the time it took for my successful Level 2 run. It’s almost like IOI realized how awful Level 2 is and were trying to apologize in real time. Though there are more inhibitors per wave, I found several unaccompanied by anyone except another inhibitor. On top of that, though they have the armor of the guard classes in Carpathian Mountains, they have the less powerful machine guns. Most importantly, you get access to the Shaska Beast pretty early. Level 3 made me almost have some semblance of fun while playing this for the first (and only) time.

Despite giving you less to start with, and if I didn’t have to play the play the first two levels to get to it, I could almost play Level 3 all day. Since I do have play the other levels first, however, my previous opinions have not changed. I still absolutely hate this escalation. In my opinion, this is easily the worst thing in the current iteration of WOA. Level 3 is almost fun adjacent but it’s not nearly enough to justify the rest of it existing.

That’s my two cents. I’m just thankful to be done with it.

4 Likes

I appreciate the escalation, but also, I feel you.

Shhhhh. I still haven’t beaten lvl 2, and I stopped caring.

3 Likes

Yeah. I don’t think I’m ever going to complete this one. Lvl 2 is not fun. At all. If 47 was slightly more sturdy than a single sheet of one-ply wet toilet paper, this would be a lot more fun. But as it is. Just no. No. They did tone down the poo filter though, so that’s something.

5 Likes

It’s the shotguns. Well, that and the fact you get next to nothing to fight them with. Well, except close range throwables and/or melee which just increases the damage from said shotguns because of how close you have to get.

If you can find the motivation to power through, Level 3 really is so much easier (and almost fun). There’s fewer people to fight and they practically give you the Shaska Beast as soon as possible. You can almost hear IOI asking for forgiveness for the horrors you had to endure in Level 2.

Some advice, a lot of which has already Ben given: Activate as many distractions on the first two floors as possible before the first wave starts and head to the back door by the kitchens, Fernsby’s office and the staff room, because that’s where the closest inhibitor will spawn. Try to be as stealthy as possible and make sure your enemies are as isolated as possible before making a move. Make sure to knockout at least one inhibitor (I liked pacifying the one by the back door because there’s less chance someone will find him and wake him up) instead of killing him. If you find yourself in a firefight, and you probably will, never make rash decisions and stay behind your cover. First, them firing their guns will attract the rest of the team to them so it helps keep inhibitors from getting too close to 47’s real body. Second, and more important, they will always eventually come to you. If you try to close on them, their friends will tear you apart with their obnoxious weapons. However, if you let them come to you, they’ll put themselves behind your cover and you still have some distance from their friends. Even if you have very little weaponry, some quick hand to hand combat should keep you alive. Only kill the knocked out inhibitor when you’re as ready as possible for the next wave. Between waves 2 and 3, take as much time as possible to (re)activate all the distractions on the lower floors and booby trap a few things.

That’s my advice but I completely understand not coming back to this one. If I didn’t want all the challenges, I probably wouldn’t have come back to it either.

2 Likes

I have to retract that Part of my Statement, since Bagdu is present in Dartmoor afterall.

It was you or me

4 Likes

i’m waiting on a sale for the season pass, but when i heard this was a hitman horde mode, and it was only £4, i had to have it. just played for a little bit… and i love it! great way to let off steam.

goddamit, i hope one of the new game modes for year 2 is a horde mode.

2 Likes

You might be the first person I’ve seen to say they enjoyed Wrath.

I raged through it to get a good spot on the LB.

Traps? Useless. Containers? Useless.

Get a garden fork and some combat knives and start chuckin’

As it has been said a dozen times here, wasted potential.

3 Likes

well, throwing garden forks into people’s faces is hilarious, but, you know, it’s a sandbox. sure, you can take the optimal route every time, but that kind of misses the point, doesn’t it?

the beauty of hitman is playing around with the systems and tools it provides to try out different things and see how the world reacts. i think wrath provides that.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few people say they like it but I’m waiting to see if Meat still likes it after Level 2. :smirk:

I wish it were that easy… Even if you hit your throws, which I just couldn’t most of the time, you still don’t have enough for the horde and you need to get your shit back… :sob:

2 Likes

No, this is the only good way of completing it.

HITMAN is a lot of things, but a combat shooter isn’t one of them. Wrath proved this.

Throw and cover. Repeat until enemies are dead.

maybe, but i don’t just play hitman to complete it, and i don’t always play optimally. i really like the fuck around.

i don’t think wrath positions itself as a combat shooter, does it?

edit: you know what wrath reminds me of a little? hunter and hunted from contracts.

also, i’ve found traps effective when i let enemies see me and run away (just like home alone!), then set them off. i got two dudes with one barrel and threw a machete in the face of the third guy who came to investigate! :smile:

finally: one thing i would add to open up possibilities is disguises, perhaps one use per wave or escalation level. i think that could be very interesting and potentially hilarious.

3 Likes