Simple Mod Framework

Error

Unknown platform/game version - update both the game and the framework and if that doesn’t work, contact Atampy26 on Hitman Forum!

Nothing helps, can i download mods without using SMF? Like old way, using packagedefinition replacement

Buying the game should work

3 Likes

funny, i can’t buy it, because steam block all Russian payments.

Then no SMF for you. It doesn’t work with a pirated game.

Error

Unknown platform/game version - update both the game and the framework and if that doesn’t work, contact Atampy26 on Hitman Forum!

Have the game on epic if that helps.

Edit: This happens with all mods so I am confused now

I want to change the ammo of the Sieger 300 Ghost, and I used the rpkg tool to export some changes to a smf repo json file, which gave me this:

{
    "f301f605-007c-4fe1-aa99-a8cd2cae033f": {
        "ActorConfiguration": {
            "ImpactForce": 100.0
        },
        "PrimaryConfiguration": {
            "BulletsPerMagazine": 100.0,
            "ImpactForce": 100.0,
            "InitialMagazines": 200.0
        },
        "SecondaryConfiguration": {
            "BulletsPerMagazine": 100.0,
            "ImpactForce": 100.0,
            "InitialMagazines": 200.0
        }
    }
}

Then I just used this basic manifest:

{
    "version": "1.0.0",
    "id": "Gonka.Sniper",
    "name": "Sniper Ammo",
    "description": "Change sieger 300 ghost ammo and force",
    "authors": ["Gonka"],
    "frameworkVersion": "2.10.0",
    "contentFolders": ["content"]
}

But whenever I deploy, I get this error:

INFO Discovering mod: Sniper Ammo
This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). The promise rejected with the reason:
SyntaxError: D:\Program Files\Epic Games\HITMAN3\Simple Mod Framework\cache\map.json: Unexpected end of JSON input
    at Object.readFileSync (C:\snapshot\simple-mod-framework\node_modules\jsonfile\index.js:52:17)
    at doTheThing (C:\snapshot\simple-mod-framework\compiled\main.js)

It’s the only mod I am using btw.
What am I doing wrong?

Try deleting the cache folder and redeploying. That error is related to it.

I’d like to add that my game is freshly installed (Epic), as well as SMF. SMF is installed directly to the HITMAN3 folder that contains the runtime/retail/launcher

Hi. I’m trying to use SMF with the Hitman trilogy game pass and any mod I try the game just simply won’t load in. Losdscreen comes up then nothing happens. It won’t even work if I disable the mods.I need to fix the files inside xbox app.

Just an advice mate.You can verify the files inside the xbox app when selecting the game options,its done in like 20 sec and you don’t have to reinstall every time.

So, I’ve been trying to install simple mod framework but its not working with my hitman2 retail folder. Any people who would recommend what to do?

I just get this and I don’t know what to do.

1 Like

Apologies

if

this

was

unclear,

but the framework is for HITMAN 3.

7 Likes

My SMF is infinitely updating when I try to update, infinitely deploying when I try to deploy, and I can’t even reinstall it. I tried deleting the SMF folder & installing fresh but it tells me that SMF is already installed in the Hitman installation folder. I don’t know what to do at this point.

You have to delete the SMF folder to re-install it.

Running Freelancer is crashing the game even with all mods disabled. Game and SMF both updated to latest version.

Platform: Epic

Edit: For those who don’t want to wait for a fix, re-verify the game files through the launcher and it’ll undo any changes made by SMF. Then you can play Freelancer without having to uninstall SMF.

4 Likes

Same for me waiting for solution🥲

1 Like

This has been fixed.

4 Likes

Hi, I’ve been using this mod without any issues whatsoever since a very long time.

Although, with this mod enabled on SMF, there in no background music when I’m in my safehouse. No audio while selecting this:

An no audio even when 47 is exiting the safehouse on his car/bike.

Can this be fixed?

1 Like

That’s not a framework mod.

Yes, I’m aware it’s an RPKG mod. So this will only fix as long as the original creator converts this mod to a SMF compatible mod?

Edit: Dropped a comment there, let’s see.