Simple Mod Framework

What do I do with the ‘peacock plugin’? That’s the zipped file. Inside it’s the Serejevo 6 plugin. I still don’t know what to do with it.

I’ll try to find it on the nexus page to see if instructions are there.

Kinda confused about the 3 different (or same? :thinking: ) package definition files for the Srvo 6.

If you’re playing on H3 you just need the H3 version of the mod. The Peacock plugin is for Peacock - if you don’t have Peacock you don’t need it. Any packagedefinition files are obsolete.

I’ll give it another try. Doing a few things differently. Now to _ w a i t _ for the game to cloud sync. Hopefully, I’ll get to try one or 2 mods sometime today, if not - sometime this week.

Edit: I can’t even simply restart my computer due to waiting on syncing. Ridiculous! But I’m sure that has nothing to do with any mods.

ETA: I’ve turned off the cloud syncing. The focus mod has been deploying for over an hour. Used to be, it’d take a couple minutes, but then the game would crash.

ETA?: Lemme see if disconnecting the internet hastens deployment?
Final Edit: I give up.

Okay so this is the first game update since using your mod. How do I update the packagedefinition.txt and thumbs.dat file using your mod? Or should I update them manually like I did before?

Edit: Okay I just deployed the mods and it automatically patched those two files too it looks like. Because mods are working now. Good stuff.

1 Like

How long does it take for the mods to install? I assume you start the install and then run the game? I’m new to this. Thanks.

It depends on the mods. Bigger ones obviously take more time to compile, but otherwise I think they’re straightforward enough.

Just enable the ones you want, hit apply, wait for it to compile, and that’s that. Really easy stuff.

2 Likes

Yep, the framework does everything automatically for you. You never have to touch the game files.

1 Like

For some reason, every time I try to update to 1.1.3, it’s seemingly failing because I keep getting the option to update after I update it. I didn’t have this issue going to 1.1.2. Any ideas as to why this is?

oh oopsie lmao i may have messed something up

1 Like

ok should be fixed now

1 Like

That worked! Unsure if this is the right place to look for an inquiry about this, but the mod installer now hangs when trying to install The Sarajevo Six. As soon as it gets to that mod package, I can actually see in Task Manager that disk use goes to zero in the program, and no matter how long I wait, it stalls on the same file. Unsure if that’s an issue with the installer or it’s failing because of a recent game update so the package itself has to be updated, but I’d like to just put it out there to see if this can be troubleshooted. This content used to install for me without issue, so I’ve done nothing to the files.

There may be an issue with one of the tools that the framework uses. I’m investigating it right now.

Same here, but for me it’s stuck on the TOD mod.

Can confirm rolling back updates fixed my issue with mod installation, so it’s the installer update that was messing things up for me.

1 Like

Yep, there’s an issue with one of the framework’s dependencies that causes it to be very inconsistent.

1 Like

Which version of the framework did you go back to? Also, by roll back do you mean complete re-installing of everything?

I went with 1.1.2, and I merely downloaded that version and pasted it over the current version. You’ll get a notification in the program that it can be updated, but ignore that. I imagine whatever issues are happening right now will be fixed soon, anyway.

2 Likes

v1.1.5 is out now. It reverts the version of the dependency to the previous one, which should fix the issue.

2 Likes

I’m posting the quote here since it’s about this program… Apologies for the delay. A lot happened. :grin:

It took a very long time… So long I closed the program because life. ETA: Whenever it’s deploying it says the game is running in Epic. So I can’t start the launcher while mods are being deployed. So I have to close SMF to even try to play the game.

I downloaded the update, tried Focus and NPC wakeup (again). Put on an 8 hour video on youtube so my computer wouldn’t go to sleep/hibernate. Woke up 6 hours later and it’s still deploying.

It tells me to grab a coffee. Maybe I could plant a coffee seed… J/k. I don’t drink coffee.

I’m sure Atampy has thought of this, or maybe there’s a reason it wouldn’t work or it’d be too complicated… But if not and it could work… What about a progress meter that shows, well, the progress of the mods being deployed? If it showed no “progress” then we could know something isn’t working, stop the program, and… Join the club I’m in.

Or an estimate of the time remaining? Like
this mod should take 30 seconds to deploy,
that mod should take 5 minutes…

I almost feel like making this post is a waste of time since I don’t know what else to say other than I still haven’t gotten any mods to work.

Maybe I’ll keep the launcher up while the SMF deploys the mods.

I don’t have any advice to you overall, but you’re not meant to have the game open in any way while it’s deploying or it won’t work, because it can’t overwrite files that are in use

Haven’t heard of this issue. If you’re just deploying one mod and it’s not even a big one like Accent Overhaul or ToD (with all maps selected) then it will never ever take more than 5 minutes, so you don’t have to leave your computer on for 6 hours to see how it goes. If it doesn’t work in the first five minutes with just one mod, it’s definitely wrong.

If it’s not proper frozen, Mod Manager has a thing where if you click Ctrl Shift I then a little debug window will pop up, and hopefully if there’s an error it will pop up in red there and you can post it here for Atampy to look at.

That’s about all I can suggest I’m afraid

1 Like