Spring Roadmap 2023 Thread

I’m happy for their ability to expend their company, Hitman is a great franchise and since they got like 3 studios now we will be able to enjoy more experiences from them all

9 Likes

Best Wishes to IOI, hope they expand their organisation and release new maps… maybe Hitman 4 :smiley:

2 Likes

Though unfortunately, their Malmo office is closing :frowning:

7 Likes

I used the word unlikely because IO could always change their stance on it. After all, they definitively said years ago ETs would never be permanent in any form, and then they made the Arcade.

4 Likes

No, they just moved to a new location.

IOI Malmö moves into new offices

12 Likes

And that stance is currently to try to have all unlocks from HITMAN 1 and 2 with the exception of “Loyalty” unlocks and a few items which wasn’t specified. Travis gave the answer on Black Winter Suit and The Coin months ago that these two items specifically and how you got them won’t change cause they wanted to keep something exclusive for people who stuck around since the beginning.

And that was back during 2016, before Squexit and the WOA trilogy was gonna be an episodic game all in the Hitman 2016 launcher. Their design philosophy changed and re assessed everything for HITMAN 2 cause it was either sink or swim. Hitman 2 like Hitman 3 had very few new ET. Reusing the large library of 2016 Targets was just another way for them to save money.

The Release of ETA Arcade was just another repurpose for these Targets for a new game mode that in terms of progression is entirely separate from the normal Elusive Target mode. All it is was a cost effective way to reimplement existing content under a new mode while keeping separate from the time based counterpart. You can still play a version of the Black Hat in 202x but that doesn’t mean you will be able to unlock the Tuxedo with Gloves too.

1 Like

It’s not closing - but moving, probably in order to expand their office space in order to hire more people in, or just to have new offices in a better, easier to get to, city.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking as well.

I’ve mentioned this in other threads, but I think any new roadmaps and updates will likely evolve around Freelancer with that being the main focus currently, but we’ll likely see a couple of Elusive Targets and Escalations get reactivated again this year as well :slightly_smiling_face:

We will certainly know a bit later today, but since we are giving our wishes and hope :

I hope the game will lose the fomo approach to live service, and take an approach with more breathing room. I think it would be better in the long terms.
Especially if the game moves on from the weekly release obligation it had before.

So, it will depends on the ETs. (I know about the file datas, but they could have been put in for a “in case” basis, before decisions were taken, we all remember how things went when no content safety net was present in spring of last year)

3 Likes

First release of the spring batch is none other than The Heartbreaker, goes online tommorow

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1636307961701122048?t=xNJOomnwySeapJYMqz8ncg&s=19

15 Likes

It’s funny how you can already see in-game the next two ET after The Heartbreaker. The first is “The Broker” and then will be “The Collector” (unless they don’t change again everything).

18 Likes

Oh shoot! Here we go again. I have been enjoying Freelancer for a couple of months, even though out of the 10 campaigns so far… I died in 8 of them and won twice. It completes the Sometimes Good, Sometimes S*** challenge. Looking forward to come back and make some contracts. Might have to start planning sooner than I expected. Easter is around the corner. @Charlie_Farmer, I like you dude but please… let others make batches of contracts to potentially get featured. I only got 1 featured and you got like 3 or 5 or something.

3 Likes

I have formally decided not to post my featured contracts

Edit: I’ll post them on the fan made contracts thread instead

Formally, like for real? OK.

3 Likes

Ok then, now we’re officially going “Year 3,” as the ETs will have that designator.

5 Likes

Brooo I missed so many Y2 ETs waiting for (being burnt out until) Freelancer, this is great

16 Likes

Year 2 ETs that are older than that in late Year 3 of a Game which’s sole public edition is in it’s Year 1? Sounds great!

10 Likes

Genuinely very happy for you, TheChicken - IOI this is a good thing and should be commended! :+1:

Less happy with no mention of re-run Year 1 Elusives, why not do those too if they’re going to the trouble of Year 2 re-runs - just seems a bit of an arbitrary punishment to all of those who missed Year 1 ETs. Come on, IOI, quit with the anti-consumer FOMO strats and throw EVERYONE a bone if you’re going to throw any bones out at all. :-1:

12 Likes

God yeah. It annoys me so much seeing all the Year 1 elusive targets say ‘Missed’ on the menu, just because I chose to play the game on Steam. Really lame honestly. Why are they even there on the Steam version if it’s literally impossible to play them?

11 Likes

And it’s clearly not a technical issue as the Y2 re-runs prove (plus all the ET re-runs from HITMAN 2), as things stand it’s just IOI choosing not to let people who missed Y1 ETs have a go. :cry:

2 Likes