Spring Roadmap 2023 Thread

No frills on this guy this time around. Just going to poison his drink, give the brides his scrapbook, and exit using the new car exit.

12 Likes

Ah ok. The post mentioned that we’d hear more news “tomorrow”, but I checked their social media and couldn’t find any news about what’s happening to Malmo, just that a day or so later they announced the new Istanbul studio.

2 Likes

Seems like we are still going for a weekly release, with heavy use of ETs (at least for the start, maybe until the production pipeline gets truly going again ?).
Before FCs batch are made too, since it’s usually three weeks to create them. The lag of decision making.

It’s quite good for new players.
It will allow them to play them fresh, and to unlock all of the location suits.

Personally, I think I’ve been vocal enough about what I think about Y3 ETs, but I also get that I’m in the minority, and that it’s partially born from the me perspective of perfect completion / wanting to rest. Plans for the long terms can arrive later.

Still happy from it. I might even fully get into the game again.

I would guess some seasonal / major event contents will be the rest of the roadmaps. Since Freelancer trailer showed Halloween, Easter. and Christmas decoration.

Maybe once it gets going, 2 ETs, 1 FC, and one extra a month. The usual.

I honestly don’t see anything more.
But this the before time, so let’s go wild. :grin:

The best would obviously a new map, but that’s a tall order. It would be interesting to see if it would be a story one (major target, designed for it), or if they go all in Freelancer and make a “general map”.

That is a map designed from the start for Freelancer, with no major targets and grander scripts, but all NPCs interesting from the get go, with each three / four nods. (yes I think of the the usual airport one)

It’s the one things I would be interested to see, as it would be a genuine new design perspective. One I would like to see IOI tackle.

1 Like

Glad to see it looks like we’ll be getting ET’s weekly – if IOI manages to keep on top of remembering the schedule them ahead like that.

Just a constant stream of ETs being re-released, finally making use of that entire collection… Though now I just have to remember to keep track of them in the new Live tab… doesn’t look like they’ll be on the front page any more…

1 Like

After a break from the game, this looks like the time to jump back in with the ETs and start playing freelancer.

2 Likes

I’m surprised no one has noticed yet that the first three ETs of Y3 are also the first three of ETs from Y2. And in exactly the same order… :grimacing:

Um… Ok. Reactivating the Year 2 versions of the ETs absolutely makes no sense (and not just because of the name of them). Read this post in the leaks section to find out why (more specifically, the second sentence): https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/hitman-3-elusive-target-leaks/10074/497

6 Likes

So ‘Year 3’ is now official then! Great news! :grin:

Posted this yesterday, but I’m thinking the Spring Roadmap will be a mix of Elusive Target & Escalation reactivations alongside Freelancer support.

6 Likes

In recent interview, Christian Elverdam and Hakan Abrak discuss how Hitman 1, Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 had to be sold as separate games run under the same executable, because of licensing agreements to Sony (on the backend) for Hitman 1, and with Warner Brothers for Hitman 2.

It is quite possible that the Sarajevo Six , escalations or elusive targets from Season 1 are access limited to IOI because of these prior agreements with Sony.

4 Likes

All I have to say to that is: fix it.

1 Like

Sony pays IOI for an exclusive carve out within Hitman. It is content owned by Sony even iif the content was made by IOI.

Nah, IO have spoken about this before but this is the first time they’ve outright said it was Sony. Anyway, what they’re talking about here is that on PS4/PS5 the games get labeled with who the publisher is (and gets displayed in varying places in the store and menus on the consoles) and this field seemingly can’t (or won’t) ever be updated. So if IO had kept everything within the H1 container, then on PlayStation it would have always attributed the role of publisher to Square Enix rather than IO (or WB Games when we were in the H2-phase).

It’s the same reason why Fall Guys had to re-release on PS4/PS5 last year to be able to update this field due to Epic Games buying Mediatonic in 2021 and they took over publishing from Devolver Digital.

2 Likes

That’s some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard… so it must be true. :rofl:

My only hopes for the roadmap that can be possible to happen

The platform exclusive suits along with the Stadia duck and briefcase for all platforms as well, it’s all I want

12 Likes

I will for sure and other players made contracts too. Because after level 100 Freelancer, there is no reason to play it anymore :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

For Hitman1 this also included PlayStation only content such as Sarajevo Six, which appears with possibly other Hotman1 content that can’t be bundled into WOA. Sean Bean was likely a Warner Brothers specific deal in the same manner for Hitman 2 designed in partnership with Warner Brothers specifically and limited for Hitman 2.

Whille Hakan and Christian were clear that commitment to Hitman is done with Freelancer,they appear genuine in their appreciation of the large fan base for Hitman of millions of active players. They did not state that there was new DLC content for Hitman forthcoming, but did state that updating content and patching content is easy to do especially that everything is one bundled executable on all systems. They kinda mentioned building upon Freelancer as the pinnacle of Hitman driven by Frot7 Roulette and other user generated content. So I assume monthly updates will mostly be focused on fine tuning freelancer and other easy content to re-release such as ET and Feature Contracts. I can imagine special user curated freelancer contracts like Feature Contracts, where users choose their targets and prestige points through multiple map locations like arcade mode.

Clones

15 Likes

Wonder what the reason for a week-long delay of the roadmap could be. Part of me is running wild with speculation of something larger than FCs, recycled ETs and bugfixes. Other part doesn’t want to become hyped for nothing.

2 Likes

Probably nothing, or just one more week for fixing bugs :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Keep in mind that the roadmap only contains the date for a patch and doesn’t necessarily have to drop it on release. Though uncertainty on when a patch will be ready sounds like a valid reason to delay the roadmap, instead of openly announcing a planned date that can easily change.

1 Like

I pre-ordered these, so even if IOI don’t make them available to everyone, I hope they at least make the suits and weapons usable in Freelancer :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes