Spring Roadmap 2023 Thread

Well, fuck hardcore mode and contracts then. I want them gone.

2 Likes

Not all contracts many are good. Maybe set a self-destruct timer on new contracts so they are deleted automatically if nobody other then the original creator plays them within 72 hours and don’t allow people to earn anything off their own contracts.

I hope Mark Faba returns in a new setting with new unlocks.
He was definitely the coolest Elusive target of Hitman 2, and I like the idea of making him return several times and then putting an Elusive Arcade together where you only kill the Undying for 3 missions. I think that’s probably unlikely, but damn I would be hyped.

I also wish they’d bring back the Gary Busey ET from Hitman 2016, he had a lot of fun voicelines and it was just a very fun and silly cameo.

7 Likes

Since the game is now officially in Year 3, can whoever is in charge of such things change the description of this part of the forum at the top of the page to reflect that? It’s still saying we’re in Year 2.

5 Likes

I’m hoping the patch is going to fix one of the many Vehicle issues.

For example, if I have red helicopter located in the Safehouse grounds as my set default, I shouldn’t still be seeing the white helicopter (one from Paris) sat in the grounds as 47 is flying off in the red one? The same issue happens with the speedboats as well :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I hope this gets fixed ASAP!

9 Likes

A thousand times this. And stop sending out the vehicles I don’t have set when using the passport option in the basement and office.

6 Likes

I agree with this too.

I have 47’s black sport car and the red van set for the garage, but then I started a mission the other day and the tan army vehicle from Marrakesh came rolling out of their the other day :joy:

2 Likes

In the grand scheme of things, I would much rather that the developers spend their time worrying about actual game-breaking bugs like impossible enforcers, impossible objectives, and the like than worrying about extra exits and graphics errors with doubled up boats and cars.

If they have the time, sure, worry about whatever, but some things are more critical to fix than others.

4 Likes

Wade’s car from Absolution needs to be added.

6 Likes

Is there an option to hide the passport icons at all safehouse exit points, besides removing the vehicle altogether if said vehicle spot has that option?

If not, there should be. I don’t love moving around my safehouse trying to look at stuff with all these big rectangular white icons crowding the screen. I’ve removed a car and the helicopter just to clear some visual space up.

1 Like

Soon…

We see you Clemens

16 Likes

Well, that’s good to know. You know what other days feel like good days to post the spring roadmap? Every day before this. Not exactly informative. Is today gonna be the day the roadmap is posted?

(all said in friendly sarcasm, not genuine irritation. Take your time, make it a good one)

1 Like

It’s the first Thursday (AKA ‘IOI public presence day’) since the Spring equinox, so yeah, probably a good day. (The funny thing is the roadmap was potentially ready since the beginning of March lol)

2 Likes

Roadmap is out.

Welcome to Year 3 everyone !

Edit : changed the link to the non panel version, cleaner

28 Likes

The current plan for the year :

31 Likes

Contract activation in the ICA training facility :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I will say that as much as I dislike the suit-and-tie look, the Black Bruiser with the blood spatter does appeal.

1 Like

Ok, some interesting things. Nothing too big, but interesting. Some Freelancer challenges and unlocks, which include a suit and a weapon at first, and some others expected throughout the year, hopefully some we’ve all been hoping for. Most interestingly, Contracts mode expected for ICA facility and some bonus maps. That’s pretty good. I’d prefer being able to save at some of those locations, and have optional suit access by the time the Liability comes around, but the fact that they’re providing these three places with Contracts mode when, let’s be honest, who even bothered asking anymore, tells me we might still have some time for that down the road. Overall, not a bad line up, IOI. Nothing super great, but not bad at all.

4 Likes

I appreciate that the unlock will be retroactive, no need to redo a hardcore campaign.

Run of the mill roadmaps : we continue with a weekly release. Mainly a “make do” approach with ETs and FCs until the patch.
The patch will implement and promise one unlock per month.

A slightly enhanced version of what the previous games second year were (Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2).

What I expected, so I’m happy with it. :smiley:

6 Likes

…how? Year 2 had at least one new escalation, several challenge packs, the release of a new location and Freelancer. This has no new escalations, and has triple-downed on the ET’s. In no way is this more enhanced than Year 2. It’s a downgrade, not an upgrade.

Even several of the unlockables from ET’s made their way into challenge packs in Year 2; and while I’m all for that in Year 3, it’s quite clear now that the devs don’t exactly have big plans for the game now, and expect Freelancer to do a lot of the heavy lifting.

EDIT: OP was referring to H2 and 2016’s second years, not H3’s second year.

Also, what happened to Elusive Target Arcade? Can we at least get some of those?

4 Likes