Spring Roadmap 2023 Thread

A small bit easy to miss in the article conclusion, and not present on the timeline :

we will be introducing new unlocks, challenges, and a fresh escalation for you to sink your teeth into.

I meant akin to Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 second years, @Dribbleondo.

4 Likes

Y’all know that the one piece of news you’re all most excited about is what comes out on May 19…

8 Likes

Yeah, okay, that wasn’t clear, fair enough. I can agree to that.

1 Like

The patch still being over a month away is a bit of a bummer, but hopefully that means it’ll be thorough with fixing most severe bugs while maybe even having some Freelancer gameplay touchups.

From the bottom of the blog bost

In addition, we will be introducing new unlocks, challenges, and a fresh escalation to sink your teeth into.

Maybe Ambrose will finally get an escalation.

7 Likes

Why would it need one? Escalations suck.

3 Likes

I just dislike how empty the destination tab looks with only a single mission.

5 Likes

Hopefully; every location should have one In my opinion.

4 Likes

Of course that is the one ET where if you’ve faced him before, you may NOT know exactly how to deal with him, as his spawn is randomized.

Classic IOI needing better proofreaders, amirite?

3 Likes

HITMAN Freelancer Challenge: The HITMAN w. unlock

On May 11 we also add an awesome unlock to the HITMAN Freelancer challenge “The HITMAN”. Here the task is relatively straight forward, however not easy. You need to complete a Freelancer campaign with the Hardcore Mode Enabled. When you’re successful, you’ll unlock The Black Bruiser Suit. Maybe the most appropriate suit to wear after a full hardcore campaign.

Good luck and stay frosty!

If you’ve already completed "The HITMAN Challenge “in HITMAN Freelancer, you’ll automatically get the suit unlocked and added to your inventory when it becomes available.

It’s great that you don’t actually have to complete the hardcore run once the challenge is live, but previous completions count as well :star_struck:

4 Likes

Who is Re Run Galore?

9 Likes

Unless they change Hardcore Mode to be, well, less hardcore, I ain’t touching it with a ten-foot pole.

3 Likes

I guess it will be like december year 1 : all ETs in a row for the Holidays.

Holidays 2021 were like this. So, I guess the same but with Y2 ETs.

4 Likes

Whooo this is Christmas 9 months early :smiley:

• Spring Cleaning featured contracts: I just made one with that theme a few days ago so I’ll submit it for sure

• Deceivers are back so I can finally get SA on them, which was the last challenge I missed excluding Freelancer stuff

• Exploding pen yay, we will be able to make double-pen contracts now

• CONTRACTS ENABLED ON HOLIDAY HOARDERS AND SNOW FESTIVAL THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER (On the other end weren’t contracts already enabled in ICA facility? Or does that mean we’ll be able to make contracts on the yacht? If that’s the case this is also the best thing ever)

• I don’t get the “free locations” stuff? Didn’t everyone get all H1/H2 locations with the WOA patch?

8 Likes

Uhh, so what exactly is the point of promoting the Berlin Egg Hunt with suit unlocks in this, when the event has already been a permanent part of the game since last year, along with the unlocks?

1 Like

If anyone cares I updated the Topic Post

6 Likes

It’s part of the content rotation for the people with the Free Starter Pack.

4 Likes

I believe it’s for people that don’t own the game at all, they can play the maps through the Starter Pack

4 Likes

Ok, overall nice roadmap. Nothing out of this world but I think that was expected. Still dissapointed that there are not any ETAs, I mean, all the targets are already made, so it shouldn’t be too hard too add new ones.

I guess that means we wont be able to play the deceivers with loadout :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, just restart until he’s in the position you want…though I didn’t know IOI actually intended it to be done that way. :wink:

finally, they’re adding contracts mode to Arrival

29 Likes